Mechanical Pencil

What is the best mechanical pencil you have used? Do you have a preferred type of colored lead?

Other urls found in this thread:

parkerpen.com/en-US/ink-cartridges
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Parker Mechanical pencil Insignia 125450 Satin GT (4200)

I use pure grey lead

the black graphgear, the toga and the kerry are 0.5 the brown graphgear is 0.3 I am looking for red lead recommendations

bump

Nice pencil but I hate 2B leads.HB and B is my favourite.
Nice looking pencil.Parkers are sexy.
Good collection.

I was thinking about buying a new pentel pencil.Should I go for P205 or graphgear 1000 for pro?That graphgear was the best pencil I have ever used but I lost mine.
And do you guys have any suggestions for erasers?

Nice numbers.

Would you recommend the Kuru Toga to an artist? Why/why not? Looking to get serious about my art.

I really like these skilcraft 0.5mm pencils. They're simple but slim and well made, the lead is spring-cushioned with just enough tension, and the thin tip is good for using with a ruler. They also tend to come with some of the best erasers I've ever seen on a pencil.
The clip isn't that great though, and it's really easy to lose the chrome cap over the eraser.

Kuru toga is great for writing, but because of the rotation it's not that great for drawing. With long lines you will still get wider lines near the end because of the tip wearing. After lifting it immediately rotates, so you lose track of how wide your next line will start

>Using pencils
I remember high school

They're status symbols, faggot

yeah i wouldn't use it for art, like it for writing, but the lead rotation would throw off line thickness

I've never used a 1000, but i really like my 500, i did think the 205 was too light. for erasers my favorite is the papermate tough stuff

Continuing from :

Most used from front to back:

- Sakura 125 0.5
- PaperMate Sharpwriter #2
- Faber Castell TK-Matic L

good idea

I have similar Parker fountain pen that I can't seem to find ink for.

look for parker ink cartridges, or a parker ink converter which will allow you to refill the converter with any color you want, the cartridges tend to come in blue or black only.

I'm guessing stores like Staples will not have these?

the ink cartridges, usually yes, i've bought some from them in store before. The converter maybe but less likely, you never know. you could buy it online and have it shipped to your local store for pick up. staples does carry super premium ink from japan, normal prices for a bottle of ink from other brands are 10 to 15 dollars and it will last you years. the price for pic related is 30.

HB lead

a pack of cartridges should run you about 8 dollars

Nice meme ink

Seriously though I want some ajisai but can't justify the price.

i use these cause im on the spectrum and always break the lead

>can't justify the price.
i know that feel bro

Pentel P205

REEE THE CLIP KEEPS FALLING OFF

WHY PENTEL

REE ROTRING OR BUST
But seriously, the Pentel P205/207 is a functional classic.

what knife?

bump

i just wanted you to know i was staring at that picture for at least a minute trying to figure out how big those USBs are, and wondering if there's some sizing scheme that ends up with a capitol B

Yup

reminder rotring is a meme

there are plenty of mech pencils at the same quality + features

Name one with the same narrow knurled metal grip, short (or shorter) grip to tip distance, and needle tip.

But the Rotring 600 is indeed a meme, because the Rotring 500 is pretty much the same thing except lighter and half the price.

twsbi mechanical pencil

More expensive than the Rotring 500, doesn't come in 0.3mm version.

Just buy a cheap ass pack mechanical pencils. What the fuck is the point of these expensive ass pencils?

I've been using cheap plastic mechanical pencils, and a cheap plastic fountain pen, every day for years without giving it a second thought.
Those threads made me look into it and now I'm going to spend money on that bullshit. Fuck you Sup Forums. First it was watches, now pens.

>Sprung clip
How does this even happen you fidgety monster

Ps my carry. Is a Rotring worth the expense?

I use a /csg/ copy of the rotring 500 0.3. I haven't tried a real one but the copy feels great, nice and heavy with a quality feel. Was like 10$ instead of 50. Name is redcircle...

Benchmade 940 Osborne. This one has anodized aluminum with a titanium back spacer, but you could also spend a little more and get the carbon fiber variation if that's your preferred flavor.

4th from the top in pic related.

as long as its 0.5 its fine with me lol

Does anyone have suggestions for good inexpensive fountain pens? That use regular cartridges if possible.
I've seen the Lamy Safari is the meme fountain pen, but you have to use their cartridges, or a converter and bottled ink which just doesn't seem practical.

>or a converter and bottled ink which just doesn't seem practical.
its the most practical way to go, actually

cheap, a bottle of ink lasts for a long time and its not like you'll be filling it every two hours (you should be able to time the fillings for when you're at home)

I'd rather not have to time anything and just carry a spare cartridge, knowing that I'll never run out by surprise.

Kek

i have never seen a clip fall off one of these. you must be an idiot manchild.

there's a small window on the lamy pens that'll reveal the amount of ink remaining tho - it won't run out by surprise

I understand you, though. Would a Parker IM maybe do the trick for you? I have one in addition to my Lamy, it is not bad... it has no window, tho

you could by the lamy vista which the demonstrator (see through) version of the lamy safari and always know when you are about to run out of ink.

this thread is proof that Sup Forums will fall for any meme

soon there will be $30 / roll toilet paper that Sup Forums buys because it's ' superior choice ' with patented teflon Meme(tm) fabric

...and once more, we witness the autistics approach the water hole after the other animals have left.
Cautiously... carefully... they gather and preen...

The point is that I'd want to be able to recharge anywhere if I run out, and I don't really fancy carrying a bottle of ink around. But a cartridge is fine.

are you sure you even want a fountain pen

pilot metropolitan, comes in a lot of colors and nib options and takes cartridges, $12 to 15.

Are rotring rapidpro any good?
I'm looking for a matching pair of pencil and ballpoint that is durable and good looking.

Why not use a converter+ink bottle most of the time, and also carry a spare cartridge in case you somehow manage to run out before you can refill (this has never happened to me). Also carry a tissue so you can clean the converter before putting it in your pocket so you don't get ink on your pocket.

Converter+ink bottle is the best option, because it means you can use Noodler's Black ink, which is better than any cartridge ink.

you can totally use a fountain pen with just cartridges but you are limiting your self to an very very small selection of colors, the vast majority to fountain ink colors do not come in cartridges.

used to have one of these. totally dope

brofist

I love my pentel 0.9 (P209)

NEOX lead is really good. It's softer than most, so 4B NEOX would be 5B or 6B in other brands, which makes it the softest mechanical pencil lead I'm aware of. And despite that it will erase without trace using any good eraser.

Which company makes the best mechanical pencil LEAD?

I've been using fountain pens for 15 years.
Thank you!
I'd be using blue erasable ink anyway.

Go Japanese.
Not worth it though, wooden ones are better.

>using a pencil where the balance changes every time you sharpen it
>using a pencil with a smooth non-grippy grip

Why do woodcase pencils have shiny paint? That's a stupid design, you'd get much better grip leaving them as bare wood.

Might try it out, already have neox 2h and noticed it wasn't even 2h, more like B

You wont run out of ink that easily dude.And using cartridges are more expensive,harder to clean and ink flow is better without cartridges.

My favourite lead is Tombow HB 0.5 perfect for doing math.But I havent had the chance to use a pentel or any more expensive brands.

Should we make a writing utensils general ?We can discuss papers,notebooks and pens.

best pencil doesn't have any cil in it...

Yeah I've been thinking about it since and I might just try it out.

I've been loving my uni shift so far
Just as convienient as my old graphgear 1000 but isn't as fragile because it has all metal threads as opposed to the plastic on the graphgears.
Twisty design is also pretty cool

Natural wood pencils are a thing.

Sounds good.

Splintering, dumbass

is it just me or is parker quink ink the shittiest ink there is, before it dries its a nice dark black, but it dries to some shitty 1$ disposable pen blue-black. disgusting.

Rotring 600 and Kuru Toga...

Didn't know the former was a meme, but I still like it anyways

Every single P205 that I've owned has had the metal clip fall off. I even had a professor that used a P209 to do lectures with an overhead camera and his clip was missing.

yeah its really watered down.

are jotter pencils shit?

should i get the rotting 500 for note taking?

Which is the best eraser in your opinion? I had a really nice one I got from Kumon, but lost it a few years back and looking to find a good replacement.

i like the tough stuff or the pentel click erasers, provides better control over what im erasing

Best pen reporting in.

So I'm no pencil fag, but I do have a specific memory of my favorite pencil, but can't think of a model name.

I'm fairly certain it was Pentel, possibly related to the P205 that got posted in this thread a bunch. Finger grip was a rubber sheath, completely round barrel all the way up, plastic dome with holes in the clicker rather than metal.

Anyone got some ideas?

is this what the retarded little brother of honorable fountain penmen actually believe?
who the fuck would care about a mechanical fucking pencil?

Pentel Forte Pro II A77

Pentel orenz 0.2

Best pen was Paper Mate Flexgrip by far.

best jap aesthetic mechanical pencil?

Graphgear 500

see
pentel kerry

Except you can get bare wood spoons and other cooking utensils, and I've never seen those splinter.

>Graphgear 500
Tip to grip distance is too big, price is higher than the Rotring 500.

parkerpen.com/en-US/ink-cartridges

Only for desk use. Rotring 500 is great but it's no good for carrying because the tip is too fragile.

I use the Staedtler 0.7mm 925 25-07 as it's cheap and works well enough. Although if anyone has suggestions on something better for hours of taking notes I would love to hear it.

My go to lead is the UNI 0.7 HB in red,blue, and normal for highlighting applications.

Unrelated anyone have any advice on how I could improve my handwriting?

Staedtler is Dope.

Please tell me you actually use the slide rule

Ayy, pentel p207 user here.

sometimes... to stay used to.