Is it a stupid idea to get a i7-4790k now over a 6700k? It's only about $60 cheaper but I would also save up on RAM...

Is it a stupid idea to get a i7-4790k now over a 6700k? It's only about $60 cheaper but I would also save up on RAM, as I already own DDR3 memory and motherboards just seem cheaper on the older architecture.

Why are people asking retarded questions like that? I don't fucking get you guys.

Pls tell me how it's retarded?

There is no backdoor NSA spying data mining.

It's not. Get i7-4790k.

But it's cheaper and I can buy a z97 for cheap and I already got 16 GB DDR3.

Should probably mention that the reason I'm in the market is because my 2500k motherboard died.

4790k still has the best single core/thread performance

ddr4 is what makes skylake worth it.

there's also dmi 2 on haswell vs dmi 3 on skylake. it allows for 8gbps storage vs 2gbps, if we ever get storage that fast. and we will because 3dxpoint

ddr4 has very little difference to ddr3

lol

a retard on Sup Forums, what a suprise

if you want to be able to use your new ram into the future, get the 6700k

ddr3 is dying/dead, so for your next build you prob. will have to replace your ram as well to ddr4/ddr5 depending on how long you wish to own this chipset

I would recommend personally the 6700k new, but i7-4790k second hand(many on the market)

Those are two different sockets so which one do you have now? Or are you starting fresh and have to get a motherboard no matter what?

If you have a board compatible with the 4790k already then get that.
If you're starting from scratch then get the 6700k.

Except it doesn't?

The 6700k is better.

you seem to be able to save a lot of money. if you really wanted the latest meme you could wait for kaby lake which apparently is going to bring interesting clock speeds
tldr get the 4790k

no the 4790k is faster than the 6700k

Kaby Lake 7700k turbos up to 4.5GHz. Comes out soon.

New CPUs are around the corner though.

>le .2 ghz boost gibe me $500 pls
fuck no kaby lake confirmed for shit

No, they perform almost the same.

>~7 months for new K version
>"new cpus are around the corner"

Why are you even looking for CPU upgrades? Sounds like you don't need one.
Don't think it's going to take that long, besides Skylake came out over a year ago.

Do you actually think there is only a little difference between DDR4 and DDR3?

All israeli designed lakes have hardware level backdoors, in fact Windows 10 and Skylake were designed together.

He's right.

this the 4790k is the most powerful mainstream cpu today without any hardware level backdoors to even get paranoid about.

The i7-4970K marks the end of Moore's Law. It's all downhill from here, folks.

no autist

demonstrably false

Oh look, an idiot who doesn't know what Dennard scaling is.