Looking to dualboot, is W10 still an absolute unstable mess?

Looking to dualboot, is W10 still an absolute unstable mess?

I don't want the entire OS to suddenly corrupt after I switch back and forth between my main install and W10 like it did when W10 first released.

Should I just get an 8.1 license instead?

Yes, it's a mess.
I wouldn't touch it until next year. As far as I'm concerned it's still fucking beta material.

Dualboot with what?

I've been using W10 for a quite a while now, at this point if you aren't using it you're succumbing to the memes and missing out

Shut up Pajeet. Stop shilling.

What is the main install? Another Windows version? GNU/Linux?

Haven't had problems with it in like 7-9 months.

Technically triple booting.

MacOS (hackintosh), Windows 8.1.

If W10 is still prone to corruption and buggy shit, I can always try Debian.

Enjoy the botnet cuck.

Blah. Windows 8.0, not 8.1.

>MacOS (hackintosh), Windows 8.1.
Take the precaution to unplug those other hard drives before multibooting.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sorry you missed the free upgrade poorfag

you are not welcome here

Using LTSB N Enterprise here.
It's Ok i guess.
Pretty hard to get excited over windows after years of loonix usage.
That new windows snap functionality is actually great, and love it to have it ported to XFCE.

Right. Make sure you have a backup of Clover on a USB or something so that you can boot OS X again if Windows fucks up something.

As for W10 it is fine in terms of stability, though personally I wouldn't install it due to privacy concerns. I'd rather use it in a virtual machine.

You can in fact use passthroughs in OS X which could potentially remove the need to dual boot whatsoever as I assume you'll use Windows for video games when you main OS X. Though I'm not sure how hard it is to perform in that OS. I switched from my OS X install several months ago since I got fed up with OS X' drivers and how poorly mpv ran on it due to Apple's incompetence, so I can't test it out either.

Do what you wish, it should be stable enough. However if you have a VT-d enabled CPU, you might want to look into it.

I legitimately had to purchase an 8.0 license because W10 fucked me over in one of my university's classes with the broken compatibility modes, before absolutely shitting out entirely and giving me nothing but "something happened" blue screens.

It's not an upgrade if it loses functionality/doesn't work.

Okay. Thanks for the tip user.

Ohh... nice comeback. Is that all? Winbabby can't even come up with a decent comeback. Typical of the . Keep playing video games man baby. I'm laughing at you.

>he doesn't know how to clean install
Sorry for your mother, you were never meant to be born.

Do you not know how to pirate wangblows? What are they teaching you kids these days?

Piracy = redacted internet privileges at my uni.

So yeah, fuck that noise.

>getting a licence
Just download it the "illegal" way. At this point if you're supporting Microsoft you're an idiot. But yes, stick to 8.1