Dead IT Fields

What parts of the IT profession are and are not dying? I have been studying for awhile to get my A+ Certification and possibly go for CCNA but Im not sure if Im wasting my time. Is there any sector with a future in which I can easily get good job? Or should I just start with programming and only programming?

I am almost 26 years old and need to act fast. I just don't want to waste time and money going for wrong certificates down the wrong path.

youtu.be/4Av9CI-_CSY

Eli Vid for reference, I have watched it already but would like second opinions on what IT job jobs will be gone and antiquated soon.

mfw A+ cert

No one knows what the future holds but you're going to see less tech departments and more tech contractors.

Bump

Is web dev gonna die?
What is the future of the Internet?
Are they going to get put under by places like square space?

AI and neural networks. All the low level programming jobs will be replaced by machines which can write code.

web dev is dying already
it's already an average wage job where i am
javascript has money in it but only if you're exceptional

The organised web will die very soon in favor of apps. (We are moving back to hieroglyphics and there is nothing you can do about it.)

As for OP i'm going IT security route and you can never make fucking security obsolete.

At l-least I hope not.

Like anyone would trust someone who goes on Sup Forums to secure their network.

i work in security, there are plenty of paths to take so finding a job should not be hard. i had to turn down offers coming out of school

Did you just lost 2hour of your time listenning to OP's video ? Jesus...

Just learn how to program. The easy path is to learn PHP and javascript. Then you can learn ruby and python. Then you can learn C and C++. All good languages that will still be in use in the future.

Hmmm that's troubling. Well I'm just now learning javascript so... Guess I'm fucked.

Fucking apps... God I hate that shit. No papa john's I don't want your fucking app I'm not that fat!

Infosec is growing. Help desk, generic win admins, and stuff like that are being outsourced or trimmed down.

So why do all these jobs have gigantic market growth statistics?

$300k starting

What certs does one need for infosec?

Internet censorship technicians are a dying breed.

Those nipples arent just going to remove themselves

Anyone? I need to know

go to a good school. preferrably one that gets money from the nsa

AI is a pipe dream and a computer will never be capable of anything truly random or original.

you're wasting your time. study welding or take up a trade

I would not recommend welding. The caveat being you learn how to TIG weld sanitary stainless steel pipe. If you go to school to learn that then by all means do welding.

However a lot of welding jobs are in shitty areas, in shitty working conditions, for not great pay. Im talking $15 an hour. After you put a lot of time in you may get up to $20. A lot of it will be contract work meaning your hours won't be guaranteed. It is also rough on your body. You will be inhaling fumes and most of the time you won't be given a respirator. At the end of the day you will blow your nose and your snot will be black. Also you be in 100+degree weather wearing thick long sleeves all the time.

Source: I went to school to be a structural welder, i also worked at a steel mill where all of our welding work was done by contractors who could be laid off at a moments notice. It was usually 10 degrees hotter inside than it was outside. This was in the humidity and heat of the southeastern states.