/wt/ watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that is required to make a fine watch.

Required viewing for newbies:
youtu.be/508-rmdY4jQ

Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

citizenwatch.com/en-us/watches/watch-detail/?model=CA4210-24E
orientwatchusa.com/shop/mens-watches/fft00009w0/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Really don't want the same Seiko and Timex that everyone else has, though. Just looking for alternatives.

First for high end horological machines.

posting image again. I really like the look of this. I guess it's called 'pilot' or 'aviation' style?

I haven't found anything with the seconds as a complication like this one. The orient wingman isn't bad, but doesn't look as nice as this one IMO.

I'm open to alternative suggestions, but for $99 this doesn't seem too bad. I can't find any hate for the brand online.

>I forgot the pic.

>there are people who think that steinhart shills arent real

Oh look...the jewelry thread is back.

Appreciation of micro engineering my ass. Go back to /fa/.

>autistic/10

Second for glorious retro designs.

Dude pretty much anybody that makes a WW2 flieger watch will have a version with a small seconds dial. Like Tisell, Archimede, and Stowa just to name a few.

Steinshit shill here, why get that when you can get this instead!

-Sapphire crystal
-Unitas 6497 mechanical movement(ETA clone basically, however I have yet to hear anything bad about them)
-Super Luminova hands
-Hands heat blued and not painted
$149

Yes I know its more but you are also getting a ton of watch. Anyway I still think Techne is shit...

Steinhart don't use "fake" ETA clones, they use the real thing, TOP grade actually on their more expensive PREMIUM line. Keep going though your butthurt is hilarious.

>-Unitas 6497 mechanical movement(ETA clone basically, however I have yet to hear anything bad about them)

Holy shit you can't even fucking get your shilling right. It's not a fucking close of anything Unitas is ETA. Unitas was a movement manufacturer who through various mergers and buyouts and such eventually became part of ETA. Some people just like to use the old name to refer to specific movements.

Want to sell my G-Shock GW-6900 Tough Solar Atomic matte black watch for a solid hand winding watch. Is there anything a little more simplistic looking than the Vostok Komandirskie with similar accuracy and overall build quality (willing to negotiate on ruggedness as long as it is well made) in the below $70 price range? I'd be willing to go to $100 if necessary but would like to just spend the $70 I hope to make when selling the GW-6900. Thanks for any and all input.

He's obviously trying to make Steinhart look bad, look I am no shill but Steinhart is a very good brand in the same league as Sinn actually in terms of quality.

>shill makes accusations of meta-antishilling
We can go deeper

The quality of posts is extremely important to this community. Contributors are encouraged to provide high-quality images and informative comments.

>before /wt/
>only own quartz watches
>after /wt/
>own 3 more mechanicals thinking of buying few more
The fuck did you guys do to me?

>weapon
Boycott thos thread, people.

that is required

A (replica?) pistol and a heap of rifle ammo.
Artistic perhaps.

Get triggered, tumblrfaggot

autistic* perhaps

Get shot by a nigger.

Wtf, 25 posts and 0 shitter watches so far. Keep it up

No user pls no...

desu im not a big fan of this guns meme i browse this shit in public

>im not a big fan of this guns meme
>i browse this shit in public
What?

What do those two things have to do with eachother?

When you say public do you mean Dianne Feinstein's sex dungeon? Where if you get caught looking at a gun she'll flog you?

What about these two?

Nice Casio collection.

What Slav watches do you guys have?

I was heaps surprised by the quality of mine

It ticks so god damn loud though

>What Slav watches do you guys have?
Just an Amphbia 090.

HAHAHA suffer you bitch

As I said before: literally perfect.
It's a shame lawyer doesn't visit us anymore.

FAT

not everyone lives in the us, i dont want other people seeing it think im some sort of gun nut who looks at pictures of guns all day, its weird. also i dont know who this woman is and what her sex dungeon has to do with this argument.
pls just post watches ;-;

Komandirskie on a bund strap.

I'm really not a fan of that case shape

I like this

Been thinking about getting a 420 scuba dude, would probably wear it to work. How shock resistant are Vostok movements?

I can't decide between the Sinn 104 St Sa I and the 356
help pls

Bretty good from my experience.

The 420 case is nice but the short lugs are somewhat of a turn-off for some people, and there are other case styles as well.

Out of just those two the 356. I think divers type bezels look completely wrong and out of place on pilots watches.

What's the best looking pilot watch under 2k?

Im not 100% on the case yet, I think the blue scuba dude with no numeral, just indicies only comes in 420

I'd definitely put it on a strap of some sort so I guess the lugs would matter a bit

I'm new to watches, what should I get?
What are popular (i.e. Sup Forums-core) brands/models?

The 059 dial comes in all cases. The only one that is somewhat the exception is the newer 120 case (120059 combo) that only Meranom sells.

Seiko,Citizen,Orient,Vostok to name a few.

You should get a Patek Philippe Nautilus.

a little out of my price range and i don't like how it looks, but thanks user

Well maybe you should be a little more specific than just "I want to buy a watch".

So this came today and I followed the instructions - place watch on top then hold red button and slowly lift watch upward. Am I doing it correctly? It doesn't seem to make a noticeable difference before and after with the compass test (watch moves the phone compass by about 10-20 degrees). However, it wasn't significantly magnetized to begin with (started gaining ~10 sec a day composted to losing ~2 previously), so hopefully whatever minimal magnetism affecting the movement is neutralized now.

I also did it to my other watches just in case. It has no chance of magnetizing an un- magnetized watch if I don't do it properly, right?

i just wanna look cool senpai
here's some watches i like (from the recommended brands here ):

www.vostok-europe.com/collections/almaz/
#320O266

citizenwatch.com/en-us/watches/watch-detail/?model=CA4210-24E

orientwatchusa.com/shop/mens-watches/fft00009w0/

i think i prefer leather over the metal links (less irritating desu) and my budget is $300

*compared to

Seiko, Vostok, SIG-Sauer, Casio, Glock, Ruger, Citizen, Smith & Wesson, Tissot.

Vostok Europe aren't quite Vostok, they are a Lithuanian company.

Just get the Orient Ray II unless you got bitchwrists.

Any idea what country made Piratron? I got an LED watch from a friend of a friend to fix, but I can't find any real info about the manufacturer or the movement. Should be some shorting circuitry though.

Pic related, it's this exact model only worn to the brass completely and missing the bracelet. I think I'll put a Casio terrorist bracelet on it for him.

Sarb033. Cannot be beaten for the price. Brilliant finishing, solid lume and a movement thats within 10 seconds a day. Only shit bit is the bracelet which I promptly replaced.

How much? Is it around the prices for these two?

Also /wt/ I am looking to spend around $120-$130, which one of these two do you recommend?

bambino

Obviously the Bambino, especially with the upgraded movement.

It was about 400 australian, so a bit more than what you are looking at.
Bambino. I've had one before though that that particular model; solid dress watch with an in house movement and (some at least) resell value which is rare for low end watches.

The hands are tiny though, makes me want to wait for a possible Ver5.

Glass is domed which magnifies it somewhat. It'll grow on you, trust me. You could also try any one of a hundred million fuggin styles of the Seiko 5. Not a bad starter watch and probably a little cheaper.

I think I will wait for a Ver 5, if Orient fixes the small weakling hands it might have a winner on their hands.

hello Sup Forumsuys, i just inherited this watch, anyone know anything about it?

it says BECHA and 17 КAMHEЙ

also me, the utter retard that i am, set the time by turning BACKWARDS. so far everything works fine, but how much did i fuck up the innards?

It's probably okay...

Depends on the movement really, likely a Zarya for what i recall.

The case reminds me of a Pobeda for some odd reason.

It's fine.

Yes.
sage
a
g
e

Wristwatch check guys.

The hands are a letdown on this watch given the quality of everything else.

Underrated post.

Really? I like how understated they are.

Can you please change

"That is required"
To
"That are required"

We are supposed to be eloquent collectors

I wish i could find a vintage accutron that wasn't a spaceview

Anyone bought a Helgray Hornet? Thoughts?

For you gopnik

Here user let me post the picture for you

Just need to get yourself some gosha rubinchinsky gear

Loving the 24 hours. Tossing up between the scuba dude and a raketa big zero

>muh gun

i feel you

Sup Forums made me become a living meme

I prefer the steinshilling to gunposting.

but what about both at the same time?

I'm a fucking retard let's try this again

To me they just don't fit with the rest of the watch. With that nice case and dial, some GS-like hands would look great.

Quartz is king.

We steinposting now?

yes

>keeps time
>stainless steel
>probably waterproof

basically the same as a rolex.

>timepiece
>horological machines

For when you have buyers remorse and thus can't call your shitty watch "just a watch".

I understand what you mean. The Type II was their entry level quartz before quartz became cheap shit. This is a very nice example of the model though.

Despite being used in entry/mid grade watches of the time, the 754X series of quartz movements were quite well built in comparison to later models (Like the 7C4X movements, which had many plastic parts that were prone to deteriorate), being made mostly out of metal and were known to be very robust and long living..

And an example of a 7456 based Silverwave and the soon to be serviced LM special.

FUCK ME DEAD there's a lot of DOGSHIT shitters in this thread, nothin but seikos and steinfarts and non-speedmaster man on the fuckin moon omegas, next thing you know these punters will be bragging about their SQUALES! fucking SQUALES!!!!! FUCK ME DEAD!!!!!
Great post Arch, you really showed those nasty viscious vinyl foulmouthed fuckarooni's whos the pontiff!

Practicality uber alles.

The Tisell watches are huge (44mm compared to 39 on the Techne) and the other two brands you recommended are 6-10x the price.

I can't find a single steinhart for less than $450.

>I can't find a single steinhart for less than $450.
Don't look on eBay, look at Steinhart's site themselves.

Most steinharts will sell higher on eBay than direct from retailer, because they can take upto a week for dispatch.

This has a 7123 movement.

Seriously have you even looked at their site? 400 EURO is the cheapest.

Bump??

Kek terrible investment

Just get a Bagel, are they not a meme here anymore?

what the fuck happened with the "blackmailer", he removed his confession videos, are there any more he made besides being an adulterer and his divorce?

Yes. I have looked.
My OVM ran me £315 new. That's about €380, which is about $420-430.