What does Sup Forums do for a living?

What does Sup Forums do for a living?

Share your job, pay, field etc. or whatever else you want

I'll start
Java development contractor
$25 - $30/hr
Full stack development

Try not to shit talk other people (even though you will)

Cop
45k a year
Arresting niggers

do you like what you do?
what brings you to Sup Forums?

I just graduated computer engineering

Consulting group internship
250 usd a month
I've only developed an internal expenses app and some shit online store for a company client

Freelance
30 usd average a month
Mostly web development and design

I don't make a lot of money, but I really hate working so my current status is not really demanding

>Air Traffic Control (ATC) Systems Engineer (Glorified Sysadmin/Information Assurance)
>55k/yr

I build ATC systems from the ground up for a variety of clients to connect to existing/future radar systems. Airports and Military are the clients I deal with. Most of my time is spent on the software side, patching software and doing security updates quarterly.

I love what I do but I wish I was flying planes in the air force or driving tanks but I'm fucking retarded

I love watching the arguments here and I'm eager to learn.

Developing for appleshit

~~50k / year

apple only plays 50k/year?

or do you do mobile apps?

Head janitor
10 chicken nuggets per day.

>10 chicken nuggets
>not 15

This is not a living wage, you must organize the workers.

I'm not developing for apple, I'm developing for appleshit

Unfortunately 50k / year is a pretty normal salary for developers over here, I wish we had the numbers murricans get

Unofficial IT guy for people with too little money to hire someone professional
300-2500€/Month, depending on how much I feel like working
Everything. Fixing broken components, IT support, websites, servers, DBs, networks and so on

unemployed/artist
900 a month on my patreon

Job: IT, Web Developer and Photographer
Pay: $17.50/hr
Field: I maintain a small office (

Professional shill here.

I am paid $50 a day to post in favour of specific brands or items on forums.

astronaught

Firefighter / medic / unofficial IT
42k a year
Saving peeps and their tech

Can you screenshot or green text some stuff, it looks fun?
Is it online, can I sign up somewhere?

link?

Research assistant/phd student
Molecular biology
€1,6k/month

"Working" on decade old pc's 4hr/day making it seem the (city) government hasn't failed to provide work or other activities for citizens.
620€/month
Trolling on windows subreddits, converting old xp/vista pc's to linux, occasional tech support...

Geek squad
$12/hr
Listening to old people complain that their facebook is slow

Police
50k a year
Speeding tickets and catching teens with weed

Wow, so glad I didn't accept the offer with Best Buy. You're getting exploited my nigga.

How so?

would rather not, i pander to leftists for ez money and it would be pretty bad if my patrons found out i use Sup Forums

How'd you get this job?

what happened to welderbro?

Your tax dollars at work

Someone doing the same job, even contracting/at home work make probably $35-40K/yr doing this shit.

Designated password resetter

kingpin of a mexican cartel
25m/m
Just running from DEA everyday

NEET C programmer for GNU
chicken nuggets, satisfaction of being superior
full time autism

19 yo, junior dev, 60k a year

They hired me with no prior experience, and its okay while im in college. Never really looked into at home work past fixing comps for my moms coworkers.

What did you take instead of the geeksquad position?

Im a line lead at a company that makes kidney dialyzers.
I check paperwork which is annoying important thanks to fda regulation, supervise the people on the line, and fix machines when they break.
I pretty much dont bother with dealing with the people when theyre being shitheads, i let my supervisor do that. I really just like the fuxing machines part.

I make just over 19/hr but will probably start making 22/hr soon as im up for a promotion.

I work a lot of overtime, though, so last year i pulled in around 52k and will probably come in just under 60 this year.

Lawyer (1 years experience) - 2800 euros a month.
My content driven website - 200 a month
My webshop in skin care products - 1400 a month

If one of my websites really takes off I'm going to quit my job and make another website. I've got a great idea that requires a lot of time.

Home depot sales associate.
Part time
1000 a month
Full time autistic computer weeb self taught programmingtard.

>Them feels when you suck at programming.

working on mainframes at IBM in eastern europe
$600 a month
JUST

Web App Developer $83k, $5k signing. Just graduated college

I worked for a company for a while that contracted out to positions that other companies didn't want to fill for full time for something that could have been done temp. (Less paperwork for the customer) I worked -for- the contracting company, not the company buying the contract. It was great too because you can travel if you're available for that kind of thing.

Software dev, $80k

Medical student. I work in a local PC shop. I build and fix the rigs basically.
600€/mo - 7200€/y
Probably it's gonna be better. I hope so.
Please, kill me.

>Doing programming AS at local community college

>The track is beyond useless, every class is easy as fuck (for the first two semesters you barely do anything besides if/then/loops/arrays

>Half of the students somehow manage to fail out of the introductory programming class

>All of the professors love me because I'm not retarded

>Use their recommendations to get a part time job as the school's programming tutor

>Only the dumbest students come the programming lab for help, so I never get to meet anybody who knows what they're doing

>Students come in the day before the assignment is due and say that they need my help on their two week project

>Most of them haven't read the textbook, looked at the online videos, or started the project

>I try to give them a push in the right direction and leave them alone for a bit

>They proceed to look at the their phone for 10 minutes and then tell me that they couldn't figure it out

>Rinse and repeat, every single project, every single semester

>The professors start getting rid of their office hours and instead tell the students to come to the lab for help

>Workload increases, students interrupt me while I'm helping other students to tell me they need help immediately on their unstarted projects

>Finish AS, try to get hired elsewhere

>There's only a few programming jobs in my area and they all want bachelor degrees

>All of the real colleges in my state require a bunch of AA classes that I haven't taken, so it would take about 3-4 semesters before I could transfer

I'm in hell, Sup Forums.

Software engineer in a professional services department at an enterprise software company, make 52k a year. Do all sorts of shit, implementing on premise software, selling technical services, data import/exports, database work, sometimes developing integrations, new features, or bug fixes. Job's pretty chill but would prefer to be a straight up developer, so I'm going for a masters in CS next year to hopefully break into the 70k+ bracket.

source?

how's that slave labour gig treating you?

I'm a professional FizzBuzzer.

I make about 220k per year, but the starting salary is about 180k.

user, being a M1/Bradley/M113 driver/gunner, or, hell, even a commander, isn't a difficult proposition.

I know four Bradley commanders from my old unit.

Grad Quant role, 85k per year.

Before that I worked as a TA, $42 per hour, 20 hours a week.

Salesperson at electronic store. $19/hr + Commission. Last year made $59k.

Sup breh.

Aussie cop here.

~100k dollaridoos a year, free house.

Gotta love small rural stations.

Surely not 100k. How many years?

250 a month??
where do you live in niggeria?

Im serious. 4 years.

Big financial incentives to get people out into the sticks.

You're vicpol? Just checked the eba. You're a senior officer?

Damn nigger.

Can't you be fired for being /user/.?

wont say which state but not Victoria. Id imagine is fairly similar across all the states. Being on call is the big thing, you could be balls deep in the missues then suddenly you get a call out because some fuckwit down the road is threatening his family with a knife or something.

True, forgot about the danger money.

Student, getting my last paycheck before I moved tomorrow.

Fucking amazing. Good work dude.

Asset Management
~70k depending on circumstances
Look at gov shit and grade it.

what is a "professional FizzBuzzer"?

I started buying broken laptops on eBay, fixing them, selling them either back on eBay or irl. After a while I ordered a bunch of free business cards and got going with the other stuff.

Even though I have started some branches of education and jobs related to that I pretty much learned most things while doing it. Been fucking around with computers for almost 20 years now, being a fucked up somewhat socially awkward nerd pays off somehow. But I'm going for a proper job soon, I need some real money. But being able to get by with 1 week of work/month, 2 to live decent and 3 to have some spare money sure was/is nice for a while

I do professional consulting about FizzBuzz programming.

Whenever a company wants to write a FizzBuzz, I propose different architectures, languages an so on.

Most os the time its pretty boring, for example a typical customer who runs a FizzBuzz (say level 1000) on an Application server, but it didn't scale well. So we use an NGinx load balancer.

But we also do "exotic stuff", last month we helped to build the infrastructure for a FizzBUzz level 100k with concurrent programming with high availibility.

It's best to start low level. Do some FizzBuzz challenges on Sup Forums.

Where are the advantages / disadvantages of a FizzBuzz in C vs. a FizzBuzz in Python?
How fast/reliable are those numbers?
Do they interact with your business logic well?

"IT" at a 3PL warehouse. 50K w/ full benefits. I mostly pick/pack orders though, since updating Adobe Reader can only take up so much of my time.

Since I'm getting paid twice as much as everybody else, I at least put an effort, and manage to pull 3x the order quota of any other single person. I know the place will go to hell when I take my vacation next week, do I'll use that as leverage to ask for another raise, lol

thank you for the dedicated answer senpai.

how did you guys get your jobs? im thinking about going into a 2 year networking program but i dont want to end up doing that only to work at best buy

any tips?

i got fucking nothing except 2 year toilet paper pajeet it 'degREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'

Cop,
75k + Pretty decent benefits,
I was able to learn Spanish on the job so that was pretty nice.
I'd say the majority of my time is dealing with homeless and chronic drug offenders. Mostly just shooing them away from tourist areas. In the glorious soviet state of California it isn't worth arresting meth heads because of the misdemeanor laws our butt fucking governor put in because he kept getting fined for having overcrowded prisons.

If I hadn't put so much investment into this job I'd probably quit to be honest.

How do I get in?

PHP Engineer, DevOPS
12.5 eur/h
It's part-time while I'm studying

im a student in poland,
part time iOS dev 25 zł/h (translates to a fucking good living with a nice sum on my savings account)
after i finish mh BsC i expect to make 60-70k zł / yr

It's definitely a comfy job. Plus I get to travel and the Government pays for it.

> internship

Developer
2500 euro a month (before taxes)
Android things

Enterprisey corporate Java dev
I work on a web service that is critical to business operations (about 50 million transactions a day)
Full benefits (insurance, 401k matching, PTO) and $800/wk after all withholdings
Midwestern city with low cost of living

this translates to less than 6 euros / h, which is basically nothing?
> muh zloty very gud

IT Helpdesk at a small hospital. Just over $18 an hour. No school or formal training. I was a security guard here earning $13 and cozied up to the nightshift IT. Put in a good word for me now I'm studying to get some certs and hopefully get an admin position one day.

i pay for stuff using złotys not euros, and you can live a nice life on 6 euros/h. (it's actually 25% above average wage) It's like comparing earning 100k in bay area and some shithole in alabama.

Web App Development
20$/hour
Make enough to fly around the world and meet up cute western femboys and feed my fat ass all I want, life is sweet :)

you can be the next rossman just start your own shop

lolwut
60k a year with only an high-school degree?

language? wish i had that while i was 19

it's easy to earn 120k a year from freelancing if you're ambitious and smart, I did at 18 (I also middle manned poo2loos but whatever)

what did you guys do for school?

this guy here. hoping to not end up like this guy

well, i dunno where you live, but here in Italy 60k per year is at least 4 times the average salary

I live in turkey, and it's 8 times the average salary, I guess motivation and genius makes everything happen man

"freelancing" is quite generic
what did you do exactly at that age and with what kind of revenue?

I am delivery driver

kill yourself.

A friend of mine works for ibm and I hear they are slavedrivers

As I said, flied around the world to meet up pretty femboys and diddle em and eat and spend lavishly

I give talks about the dangers of proprietary software among many other things.

$2,000 a talk and I say the exact same thing each time, its great. I find it a wonderful exercise to work my inner Jew.

i kinda missed couple details

also, why the fuck do you even boast about making money by getting fucked in the ass by trannies on Sup Forums?

SAP Consultant
$100K/yr
The software is kind of a pain in the ass to support but there's job security, great benefits and bonuses, etc.

lmao
check'd

Unemployed (in the sense that I'm looking for work). Finishing off some administrative stuff so I can obtain my degree, should be done within a month.

Currently helping with the family business (hotelkeeping) for about ~90$/hour. Wage/hr is mostly high because my family owns all of it with no debt though, so it's best viewed as capital gains.

I basically pump up SF startup faaggots dreams and make web apps for their shitty ideas, pays well
And whatever helps you feel better about being broke & lacking in skills and talents

Mexico, but I live with my parents so I don't really have many expenses