Ok so I've tried Ubuntu, decided to switch to arch, got tired of configuring stuff but like the idea of rolling release...

Ok so I've tried Ubuntu, decided to switch to arch, got tired of configuring stuff but like the idea of rolling release, switched to Manjaro but Manjaro is giving me some issues and also I have issues installing some packages which forces me to go googling for shit instead of starting to do what I want to do.

Ok, so should I go back to Ubuntu or is there something else I should try?

Install Gentoo

cunt

Install Windows

install No Man's Sky

Install Ubuntu and never look back.

Install Arch

Install Xubuntu

openSUSE tumbleweed

underrated

Tbh if it just needs to work go back to ubuntu

If you're tired of the whole config process, go Mint.

It's pretty obvious he never configured shit. There is no "configuring stuff" once you do the initial setup on Arch.
Garbage distro. 12.04 was last good version of Xubuntu. Devs refuse to fix critical bugs such as mouse pointer disappearing after suspend or network manager failing to connect to wifi. If you enjoy fixing your own OS first thing after you install it then Xubuntu is for you.

You're honestly retarded.

Been using Manjaro, never had any issues ever. I am not even kidding. Also KDE works flawlessly.

>Ubuntu - Minimal install
>Choose xfce-minimal at installation
>enjoy

that. Using manjaro xfce on my desktop pc and that community-i3-branch on my netbook and only ever had minor issues

He's right though, Gentoo is rolling and you can choose whatever package you want, you don't have to switch between repos like a Psychopath trying to choose his victim.
Just right click a package in the package manager and "add to package.keywords" and then "emerge". That's it! You're done. No ridiculous repository switching. And no risking being on unstable just to get a version of python higher than 3.4

Install Ultimate General Gettysburg

What issues did you have, and what packages did you have trouble with?
Sounds like you don't have any real issue, you just want to shit on Manjaro for some weird reason.

>Using an unsecure distro run by Government spies.

Look, I want to get stuff done. I don't want a distro whose only purpose is bragging on IRC and chans.

Alright, here's one.
Try Linux Mint 17.3/18 if you really need an OS on Linux. Just make sure you choose XFCE because the cinnamon desktop does take a lot out of raw power.
Frankly it doesn't deal with the copyrights Fedora struggles with, and actually has turned out decent for me. I suggest you give it a try.

The only reason Mint exists is to showcase Cinnamon, which is now available on any distro.

>The only reason Mint exists is to showcase Cinnamon, which is now available on any distro.

I remember Mint back before it hit double digits. It was the finest distro I ever used. I remember version 7, it used gnome 2, had all the drivers I needed, its what finally made me see that Linux could reach the pinnacle of excellence that makes it succeed Windows.

When gnome 3 happened it fucked everything up, like you say..too much raw power for nothing!

I have ended up using awesomewm on arch!
But I'll always fondly remember first using Sup Forums Sup Forums on linux mint 7!

faggot

Gentoo is fuckin nice dude. You don't even know what you're missing.

It just makes me sad that people miss out on a great distro because "it's a meme"

If you really don't know what you're doing, install calculate.

Mint doesn't even ship all the codecs they used to include that made life easier for retards.

Source?

Who is the CEO?
What was their job before Canonical?

>Mint doesn't even ship all the codecs they used to include that made life easier for retards.

Is that so? I havent used Mint in about 5 years, except for usual distrohopping when stuff breaks.

Having used Linux for just over a decade now, Linux Mint in 08/09 is the best user experience I had out of the box since I first started using Linux in 05.

Jane Silber
General Dynamics C4 Systems
Teijin Ltd

(((coincidence))), I'm sure.

>had all the drivers I needed
Drivers are the part of the kernel and some hardware needs firmware files, all of these don't depend on a distro because one can manually reconfigure and recompile a kernel and download firmware in any distro. In Gentoo it's obligatory.

Linux distro in fact it's support and maintenance of repository and packages. Ubuntu, Debian, RedHat, for example, are mature and big communities, that's why these distros are better than some secondary forks like Mint or Elementary.

He asked you for a source.

Screw the package manager, you can use it for searching up the name of a tool.

But open terminal and do
pacman -S nameofapp

Works everytime.

now that's just unnecessary. Just rightclick, check 'install' and apply, it does the same thing.

Also that's probably not the problem

Install Kubuntu