/sqt/ stupid questions thread

how do I make vim add
#include
int main () {
return 0;
}

to every file with extension c?

Other urls found in this thread:

stackoverflow.com/questions/162617/how-can-i-automatically-add-some-skeleton-code-when-creating-a-new-file-with-vim
shotcut.org/FAQ/#how-do-i-cut-or-trim-a-clip-without-encoding-or-transcoding-it
stackoverflow.com/questions/13787475/automatic-headers-when-opening-a-new-python-file-with-vim
mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/
forums.mydigitallife.info/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

use emacs.

emacs is for lisp
vim is for c

Do you guys know of any very quiet or near silent keyboards?

I recently bought one of those silicone keyboards, one with a full 100+ keys, but there is horrible ghosting (at times it occurs when just two keys are pressed, and one will not get inputted), sometimes it won't pick up my keystrokes, and it even will duplicate keys on occasion.

I don't live alone, and I can't have the RATATATATA of a keyboard going on all night.
Does anybody know of any good quiet keyboards?

Would not like mechanical, as I have mild RSI/carpal tunnel and I don't need to be pressing down super hard either.

Brown or clear switches dont make a lot of noise. Also look at gayming keyboards. They dont have issues with ghosting.

stackoverflow.com/questions/162617/how-can-i-automatically-add-some-skeleton-code-when-creating-a-new-file-with-vim

What do you think about hard drive docks?
Is it better to have an internal RAID system?
Is it a replacement for external drives?

>What do you think about hard drive docks?
they can be useful if you take out people's drives to check a lot (like repair, scan etc)
>raid thru drive dock
please dont.
>replacement
no, external drives tend to be enclosed which means you're less likely to fry it by accident when you handle it.

I use Windows 10 Enterprise and a 1440p monitor.

How should I go on about improving font renderin
>inb4 install GNU/Linux
It's already on my other SSD

My eyes are getting a cancer from this ClearType shit

Is there a way of finding out what file type a file is if it lacks an extension other than TrID? It's unable to find anything for the files I'm trying to check

A mate's business got infected with wildfire_locker ransomware. Told him to turn all of. I'm about to go and see. How best handle it? Full wipe? Live cd and manual removal?
Chip in to break the writer's kneecaps instead of paying up?

What's a good lightweight video editor with a GUI that I can use to cut out parts of a video and then resave it without encoding?

I normally use avidemux but it's being retarded and is outputting unusable files.

seems to be a lot of info out there on how to get rid of it.
dont pay unless you absolutely need a file that's worth more than the payment.

shotcut

I'm having a weird experience Sup Forums.

Since people have said that Cortana can't be easily disabled after the anniversary update to W10, I decided to Google how to do it. In the first page I found, some symptoms of having Cortana enabled were listed, I noticed that I was suffering none of those. It then pointed me to some place in the registry, so obviously I went and opened my registry, and when I was just about to navigate to the right place (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search) I found that I was already somewhere very similar (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Search) and that the place that I was supposed to navigate to was actually no where to be found.

Does this indicate that I've disabled Cortana already and simply don't remember doing it? Or is she still alive?

Also, a question from a friend of mine who hasn't touched W10 in like 8 months (he's wisely dropped it for Linux). "Why can't you just delete the [Cortana] program outright? Just write some zeros into the executable, or if Windows 10 keeps on repairing it with every update, can't you just make a batch file and put it in startup to delete it (or you can even setup a service to run as admin)?".

Can anyone answer that?

you havent gotten an answer in like a week. go to ask on some windows forum.

Thanx fami

I just moved into a college dorm and apparently I've been banned since 2015 due to CP (which means I can't get a ban appeal), even though I had nothing to do with this. Currently posting from my phone without wifi. How do I fix this?

why not just
cp template.c newfile.c

or a script to do it?

I was going to do that but gets repetitive after a while

maybe a bash script that asks u name and produces a c file with template? or a list of c file names

yeah, that should be good, thanks

global rule 7, faggot

Did you move into a dorm and get an IP that is banned for CP? Get on #Sup Forums IRC and ask for help.

why not ask in

>you havent gotten an answer in like a week
Holy shit, time must fly fast, I thought that it was only like 2 days.

why doesn't the ncurses header work
I which'ed it and it was in usr include

Just loaded up Sup Forums on new pc

malwarebytes blocks traffic from www.isanalyze.com

wtf is this?

Maybe post the full linker error message and your #include line (it should be )

>analyze
take a wild guess

Does anyone have that image to share that advises on what software to have for certain things

media player
security etc

what?

please

please dont use that

just get MPC-HC and AVAST

its analyzes traffic and gives stats and shit

this
get fucked pedo

But where would it be coming from?

Sup Forums?

My pc shouldnt be infected with anything...just re formatted

Also, would I be fine with just malwarebytes?

Probably hiroshimoot archive ads.
Run adwcleaner, install uBlock Origin.

>malwarebytes blocks traffic from www.isanalyze.com
something malicious that got blocked
if 4chins still works I wouldn't worry

stop wasting posts, also global rule 7, you fucking cancerous faggot

it's Sup Forums using their services, just like if any website has a facebook like button. MBAM blocked it so you dont have to worry about it

make me faget

I am currently downloading a file on Mega through the cmd because I am using "Megatools", problem is, I have no idea how to pause and the readme does not point to any command that could help doing so.

Any idea anyone?

How do you handle constructor exceptions without terminating when using threads?
try{
std::thread threadHigh(quicksort, std::ref(numbers), i, high);
std::thread threadLow(quicksort, std::ref(numbers), low, j);
threadHigh.join();
threadLow.join();
}
catch(const std::system_error& e){
std::lock_guard block(error_mutex);
std::cout

it just says all ncurses funcs are undefined when trying to compile

Any difference between 1060 and RX480 regarding DX9 games?

Did you use -lncurses?

works now

How do I get my router to resolve LAN hostnames?
I'd prefer not using a seperate device because of fear of uptime.

I need a new inexpensive phone.
Between 200 - 300 €
Available either on Amazon co uk or de

What is currently recommended at that price range? I've been looking at Moto G4

How do i install a GPU?

just got my RX480, plugged it in the PCIe slot, connected a monitor, second monitor is connected to the Motherboard with an APU
Boot - secondary monitor turns on, windows tries automatically install new drivers but stops at ~5%

reboot to bios, set the primary graphics to PCIe in the northbridge settings, reboot, bios loads fine, i can see everything, but then the screen goes black

I have not yet installed the drivers, but when i try it warns me that:
"your graphics card is not compatible with the current graphics driver. It is recommended to continue using your current driver, since an update can lead to unexpected errors. If you decide to update, yuo first have to uninstall all incompatible GPUs"

does it mean the catalyst install manager and catalyst control center? if i uninstall them, will i be unable to use the APU graphics at all? I'd prefer to keep it for my second monitor, since i only have DVI
Im afraid that if i ignore the warning and just install new drivers nothing will work and i wont be able to revert it

Can someone explain why webms fail to finish loading a lot of the time on Android phone for me?

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro

Learn to use your compiler before asking any more questions please.

how do i protect my windows 10 install from hackers?

Is there a physical limit on clock speed?

Just wondering, if something like a 2-core processor that ran at something like 8ghz could potentially exist with current cpu technology. Am I wrong at thinking 2x8ghz cores would output similar heat to 4x4ghz cores?

I'd assume the issue is that the clock pulses become too short, requiring a higher voltage, which means more robust transistor sizes, which means larger die sizes. All of that leads to higher heat output.

Is there a niche market I don't know about with really fast single threaded hardware, or is single threading dead for applications that need speed?

im a noob dude

Only install programs you need and don't be stupid

yeah, overclocking record setters

I want to get into Linux but I also want to be comfy. What's the best distro to do this?

>shotcut

shotcut.org/FAQ/#how-do-i-cut-or-trim-a-clip-without-encoding-or-transcoding-it

it's not supported

How effective is W8.1 quickboot/fastboot?
I know it just suspends the system but how fast it is against a normal w7 startup?

So basically you would just use a lottery winning cpu with a phase change?

Want to get rid of an old laptop by selling. BB tells me they'll give $150 for trade in value for another laptop.

I know laptops depreciate fast, but are they giving me less for what it's worth?

>Dell XPS 17 L702X
>8gb RAM
>i7 sand bridge
>Nvidia 555m
>2 500 gb HDD drives

I use mkvmerge

It's instant.

xubuntu is maximum comfy tier and very easy to use

PLEASE HELP.

I need my computer to rebooted/clean install of my Win 7- torrented version or not

I have a 500GB external hd / 16gb USB ready to go but I have no idea how to clean install Win 7. I tried using someone's suggestion of Macrium Reflect but it seems to keep all my personal files which I've already backed up / don't need.

How can I enable a video preview for the seekbar in MPV when mouseovering the bar?

Or is this even possible in mpv?

:help autocmd
stackoverflow.com/questions/13787475/automatic-headers-when-opening-a-new-python-file-with-vim

Do you have a legit non-oem key?

Is this a good deal( it's Canadian dollars)

i need to replace my PSU. I have a GTX 770, an i5-4690K on 3.5GHz, a 1TB HDD and a 250GB SSD. Can i go with a 430W PSU or do i need to go for a bigger one?

That can run at 430W PSU.

I've ran 2x Titan X at 450PSU

Sorry I'm noob.
Do you mean a Product Key for my Win 7? I have the sticker at the bottom of my laptop

(btw using Win 7 USB Downloader doesn't work because Acer pre-installed the OS)

Are you trying to install updates trough windows update?

You cant use the GPU and the IGPU at same time with some motherboards.

So it's an OEM key

Windows 7 pirating guide:
Download preferred version here mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/
Download preferred activator here (Daz or MStoolkit) forums.mydigitallife.info/
I'd tell you to verify checksums but that will probably be over your head, just know that downloading from other sources is likely to contain malware

You should consider Linux instead of pirated Windows 7 tho.

Like seriously.
It's a laptop so I doubt you will be gaymen with it.

Tried Xubuntu on my laptop and fell in love with it myself.

Any way I could translate this app into English?

why on earth would you want to do that?

Has an i7 2600
Decent price if you need something with a decent CPU but kind of a dead end. Needs more RAM and an SSD for workstation use and needs a better PSU for anything faster than a low power GTX 950.

>Download preferred version here mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/

Straight-forward thanks

>Download preferred activator here (Daz or MStoolkit) forums.mydigitallife.info/

For this part, where do I go for the activator? Kind of lost in all the threads.
Is there a specific thread tutorial I can refer to?

i uninstalled catalyst everything, installed the new drivers despite the warning, (with a reboot between each step) and now it kinda works, downloading update currently, but their servers seem to run on dialup.

but i lost my second monitor, is there any way i can use one from the GPU and a second plugged into mobo with APU?

Hey autists, what is the best way to optimize PNGs?

There's a thread in MDL forums for KMS

Do not download KMSpico from anywhere else except from the thread in MDL forums

some good comptia a+ 901/902 free books or course avaible somewhere?
i looked on cybrary.it but there was only 801/802, does the newer version differs a lot with the old one?

Learn japanese

C++14 Question...

Anybody got a good example of using 'constexpr' to make a simple fixed-array LookUpTable filled at compile-time.

All the ones I can find are shit, vague, over-fucking-kill or not for C++14.
Can't get one that compiles.
TIA

I have a bunch of video files I'd like to reencode to reduce file size. Is mp4 the way to go?
what are some good bitrate for various video resolutions?

What's a good naming scheme for your devices?
Greek gods is so unoriginal and I would get tired of music groups too quickly.
The current idea is Planets from the first Ratchet and Clank game, but I'm not that fond of that either.

Strong (jämpti) Finnish names

Should I get an i5 or wait for Zen? Do you think the cost will be similar?

appchanx and 4chanx are slow as fuck on Firefox, but Chromium doesn't seem like a good alternative to me (lacks private tabs)
Is there a way to make it more bearable

>mathematicians
>Sonic the Hedgehog characters
>standard model particles
>color names in different languages

Those look like clown names

>appchanx and 4chanx are slow as fuck on Firefox
They really are. Like so slow I can't even use neither of them..

to not type it everytime

Linnaean tree names

The organization I'm attempting to get a job from has a webpage so outdated that it recommends Internet Explorer 9 or Firefox 7. What's my best option here, install XP in a VM and update the version of IE it shipped with?

Maybe

I feel it's worth mentioning that it's not just a matter of recommendation, the application site doesn't even work with any modern version of IE, FF, or botnet chrome.

Two questions;
If I'm looking to buy a dictaphone, which can record up to a week of lectures (~25-40h), which one should I go for? This is my first time buying one, but I'd still like to go for a good model.

If I buy a 256gb 3.0 usb stick, will my car radio be able to read it, given it says in the manual that it supports usb 1.1 and 2.0?

They're about the same, 1060 is a bit faster (just a few %) in most games but doesn't have DX12 support, but it uses a bit less power (barely a dollar per month).

Personally I'd get the RX 480 because Nvidia are jews and charge extra for features like Gsync which AMD releases for free(sync).

both monitors needs to be plugged into the GPU so unlug the second monitor until everything else is working like it should.
uninstall the old drivers and reboot, then download the latest drivers for your GPU from the AMD website and install.

your connection is shit

Silicone already reached max clock speed at around 10GHz.
IBM made 100GHz graphene CPU.
That said, clock speed is not the only thing that matters for actual performance.
Multi-threading is indeed the future.

Correct.

Yeah you can probably get at least $50 more for that from some dumbass on craigslist or ebay.

Download an untouched ISO of your version of Windows (the shit it says when you start it (home preimum, professional, ultimate etc).
Use Windows USB DVD Tool to put the ISO on your USB and make it bootable.
Read your computer manual to find out what key to press to open BOOT SELECTION MENU (F8, F12 or something).
Select the USB drive in the menu.
Run the Windows installer and delete all partitions and then select the unpartitioned drive and format and install.

Done.