So I found this iPhone 6s recently and I'm trying to find the rightful owner because I'm a good boy

So I found this iPhone 6s recently and I'm trying to find the rightful owner because I'm a good boy
I took out the simkort and tried to contact the telecom without any luck and can't find any information on it because it is locked.

Are there really no way to unlock an iPhone 6s?

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/04/fbi-paid-at-least-1-3m-for-zero-day-to-get-into-san-bernardino-iphone/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Can you find out the service provider? If you can. I'm pretty sure you can just take to one of their stores and they'll do the rest

Give the phone back, LaTrell

As mentioned I called the service provider/telecom and they did not have any information on the simcard as it had been locked recently and they for some reason couldnt find the old information in their database.
Will try to call them again in a few days because it seems weird that it would not be find the information at all

Are you retarded? I just told you I have trouble finding their information.
Please tell me how to give the phone back when I do not know the owner

Give it back, Jamal

>iPhone
Found your problem.

Are you retarded? I just told you I have trouble finding their information.
Please tell me how to give the phone back when I do not know the owner

throw it in the trash

Well it's not mine. Please don't judge me for other peoples mistake

Nobody is buying this shit story. You asked for info on how to unlock it because you stole it.

>found
c'mon tyrone

>found this iPhone 6s

I thought we've went over this, Daquan.

Well how would I find the info without unlocking it?
Would you suggest I throw it out instead?

/thread

>print out a few papers with your story.
>add contact info
>you want 100 bucks from the owner for finding it
>invite supposed owner(s) to a neutral place
>get backup
>let them show you how they unlock the phone
>if they start running away, backup makes a bodyslam
>profit

Give it into the Apple Store

Does this actually work?

Dude you obviously fucking stole it.

Apple should be able to find the owners based on an apple account tied to some fixed number like an IMEI

If it will make you feel better we can say that I stole it.
However I thought I was on an anonomous board so I don't see the idea in lying
Thanks mate

You can't even fucking use newer Apple products without the original Apple ID.

My mother was gifted a last-gen iPad by one of her clients. The client died shortly thereafter (she was 87), and we had no way to install any apps or updates, since the password to the Apple account died with the woman.

We ended up calling Apple, going as far as to offer a copy of the death certificate, and they literally told us to go buy a new one. Screw that, and screw owning a device from a company who's main solution is to "buy a new one".

User error

Yeah, if she would have simply not died it would have been so simple!

If anything this is a testament to Apple's impressive unwillingness to even come close to helping with stolen goods

It comes at the cost of secondhand customers, which I guess they've determined isn't much.

Yet the FBI were able to get the municipal IT people to reset the terrorist's AppleID. Must be because it was managed.

So they're just to believe that the woman gave it to you and you didn't take it after she died?

What if there's a ton of her personal info on it?

>nice dubs bro
xD

arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/04/fbi-paid-at-least-1-3m-for-zero-day-to-get-into-san-bernardino-iphone/

Sorry, I don't have a cool mil laying around.

With a copy of the death certificate they should should at least reset it for her heir (her daughter, in that case).

>implying this isn't an Applel shill thread trying to advertise the iToddler lock down feature

Maybe if the family tried to reset it, but then apple don't know if the person who died even wanted the family to see what was on it. They're protecting customers at the end of the day, even dead ones.

You have to give it to them, the encryption is so strong if you FIND any phone or ipad its completely useless. There's no reason for thieves to even steal iphones anymore.

I used to get offered tons that I could unlock and reset, even with IMEI blocks for $40 each I would just resell them overseas where they wouldn't be blocked. Impossible to do now.

That is true, it totally kills the market for stolen Apple products. Another selling point for some.

They could have remote wiped it, but it was obvious that it was a concrete company policy, and we weren't going to change it.

Ask siri

gib it bak Jamal