Fuck smartphones

Just went back to an old feature phone. It feels like a weight has been taken off my shoulders.

Fuck smartphones and the bullshit consumer waste it generates. Stay mad "smart" fags.

Other urls found in this thread:

neo900.org/
neo900.org/news/about-the-asn1-vulnerability
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlackBerry_10
snapsnapsnap.photos/iphone-6s-camera-comparison/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I wouldn't mind a flip phone if it supported YouTube, Spotify & a full fledged HTML5 browser.

Why would I be mad? I don't give a shit.

This runs android

Are there any dumbphones that even exist anymore? I wouldn't mind downgrading I don't use any of the features of my smartphone at all. I just use it to text and call thats it.

i can easily see that in a few years "retro" phones will be in fashion and every hipster faggot in the world will use one

Why won't the fucking chinks sell it here? Fuck you slit-eyed niggers. Stop giving us your touchscreen bullshit.

See you next week

Good on you, then, but not my cup of tea. I do the following from my smartphone, which would not be possible on a dumbphone
Video chat
Work(seriously, entire workload)
Write
Record and mix music
Stream PC games
Tether super fast LTE to my laptop to work on the go
Get emails instantly, respond immediately. The world moves fast with or without me, senpai.
And of course, browse the web in desktop mode because fuck mobile pages.

Subscribed to your blog OP.

Smartphones have the cuter girl though

If I could find a dumbphone with a QWERTY keyboard and capable of being a 4G hotspot I'd switch immediately.

neo900.org/

This is the closest maybe.

>smartphones with physical buttons
You bet your ass I'll be using one.

>landscape keyboard
>overpriced underspecced hardware
>is a smartphone
Yeah I'll stick with my BlackBerry

They never stopped being a thing, it's your own fault if you don't have one.

So why don't you get a bb?

How am i supposed to listen to podcasts on that?

Because they fucking suck compared to Android. Now fuck off BBshills.

>Yeah I'll stick with my BlackBerry

Lol. CuckBerry. Private encryption key whored out to every police and intelligence agency in the world.

Meanwhile:
neo900.org/news/about-the-asn1-vulnerability

Enjoy your CuckBerry.

I'm on an android, I just figure it's the best qwerty smartphone.

Not only is BB10OS vastly superior to Android, but BlackBerry also makes an Android phone and is coming out with more.
>shill
Fuck off you retarded piece of shit.

lol, I don't give a shit.

>lol, I don't give a shit.

We know, that's why you use a CuckBerry

It's a small price to pay for the best phone on the market.

>It's a small price to pay for the best phone on the market.

If by best you mean fourth best just behind a Windows phone.

No, it's the best. Period. Better than Android, better than iOS, better than WP, better than those fringe operating systems like Sailfish.

I just want a smart phone that runs on BSD as its base. I want it so bad.

iPhones

I seem to remember blackberry selling out like the bitches they are and goin FULL android. hahahah

They sadly did. Luckily it's not like BB10OS just magically stopped working because they switched to something inferior.

Blackberry Q10, Q5, Classic, Passport

I've already got a Q10, and I said dumbphone.

Get with teh times grandpa and get a dumbphone.

over $500 for this shit? nigga get real

>dumbphone.
>no apps
It's pretty much a dumb phone except in the awesome battery life.

HTML5 browser (no adblock without proxying), hotspot, sd card support, nfc card support, superior call quality, etc. are all bonuses that would have me picking up a spare battery and continuing to use it.
The freedom of the dumb phone is essentially being botnet free and distraction free, which you get with stock BB10.

Pic related never mind the updated hardware

>It's pretty much a dumb phone
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlackBerry_10
>BlackBerry 10 is a proprietary mobile operating system for the BlackBerry line of smartphones

>>no apps
Not only does it have its own native apps but it can also run Android apps.

To add:

>Following the decision of NIST to deprecate usage of SMS in two-factor authentication, this vulnerability disclosure confirms the pertinence of the unique design of Neo900 that, among other features, isolates the baseband chip (modem), making it dependent on the CPU (and the OS) to access anything else on the system, and preventing remote activation of the chip in the first place.

It's the only phone I know that does this.

But is its camera better than the Iphone 6's?

An iPhone 4S's camera is better than the 6S.

Blackberry phones are super expensive though.

are you memeing me?

Speak for yourself OP, I like my Moto G3. I'll upgrade when I have enough for a OP3 (to use for the next five years), but for now this phone is pretty comfy.

I got my Q10 brand new for $160 over a year ago. Hell even the failed abortion flagship known as the Priv can be had for ~$350

Take a look at this comparison:

snapsnapsnap.photos/iphone-6s-camera-comparison/

Apart from the contrast difference which can be sorted, is this better than a 5 year old phone?

It does look better.

>still no confirmation on whether the Wi-fi is free or not.
It's been 3 years already. If it's a "Free" product and the guys making it are based in the UK, you know for sure you're going to be scammed and lied to.
See System76, that PCMCIA card "free" computer, libreboot Thinkpad resellers, etc.

What about now?

Fuck all difference compared to 2G-4.
I have both the 4S and the 6s and it only does better in the dark. Daytime, they're both identical.

iPhone 4s pic from

iPhone 6s pic from Not the same, but you get the point. Zoom in on the 6S and you get horrible color blurring. It looks like an oil painting.

>iShit
>BSD

iOS is OS X for ARM with Cocoa redone to be touchscreen friendly. OS X is based on NeXTSTEP (with FreeBSD components added when Apple revamped it to be OS X) which is based on BSD 4.something.

>one picture isn't facing the sun
>one picture has the sun in the picture

gee

Way to miss the point. The point is, a phone 5 years more advanced doesn't take a more advanced photo - just as said.

I'm missing the point? You're posting misleading pictures. You are comparing a picture of a direct light source vs a picture with a reflection of a light source.

Learn what the fuck lighting is.

>Crowd funded

So what you're saying is, is that you enjoy throwing your money away on scam artists who will never deliver a finished product or at best, a mediocre, half-assed product that the developer threw together with whatever money was leftover after spending it on hookers and blow?

Nobody cares iPajeet.

Still missing the comparison too .
then I know you're butthurt, but try and keep up.

I'm not butthurt. I see the 6 being better than the 4. You are the one posting false claims and trying to manipulate people to see something that's not there.

>I'm not butthurt. I see the 6 being better than the 4.

We're comparing the 6S and 4S.

>You are the one posting false claims and trying to manipulate people to see something that's not there.

What false claim is that? The 6S is not any greater than a contrast change compared to the 4S.

Evidence:
This pic Compared to brightness/contrast adjusted:

This pic See? Not much better is it?

Also, this is another photo by the 4S on a full cloudy sky. Not much different to before. Certainly not any worse than

>Also, this is another photo by the 4S on a full cloudy sky. Not much different to before. Certainly not any worse than (You)

Doh, pic attached.

Anyone have experience with this?

No. Apparently it is Xbox hueg tho

its also like 700 USD and heavy as shit

some user got one and made a thread ages ago. He said it was alright but wasn't as snappy as you want it to be because it has less ram that we are used to with newer phones. Screen wasn't great on daylight and it was kind of big for a fliphone but overall a good size to have it in your pocket.

I'm still in love with my Nokia N95. I cant part with it, it sits on my desk at home. While I lug around this Asus Zenfone and I dont even have a internet plan for my phone, I just use WIFI at the spots I am usually at.

Still my favorite phone up to now.

oh you poor litte retard

I'm using my old LG Cosmos (1st model) because my smartphone broke. It'd still be a good phone if it weren't for the fact that my sister fucked it up to convince our parents to buy her an iPhone.
Honestly, it's like a weight off my shoulders. Only wish I had a better camera and GPS but whatever.

The HTC 10 looks good but I'm stuck on Verizon and all the current smartphones are still flashy shit with bad battery life. I'm still looking for a better basic phone. Shame I can't use any of the old Nokia phones because GSM.
I might just look for some other early 2000's phone and use that, I want the basic display, no colored graphics or anything.

smartphones are good, touchscreens are shit
anyone tried blackberry priv? is it overpiced shit?

Android spies on you though, worse than any OS in the world but Chrome.

Chinese won't sell something in the US that they made? Preposterous.

There was that samsung phone with godlike specs but it was a flip phone, was expensive as fuck but I would've bought it. Too bad they didn't market it for North America

I want an LG Ice Cream Smart sooo badly ;n;

Any opinions on the Nokia n900 in [current year]?

>you'll never be cute JK with a flip phone sending pics of your striped panties to your not-yet-a-boyfriend

why even live Sup Forums?

literally a glamour retouch

>It feels like a weight has been taken off my shoulders.
how

anyway I'd actually be relatively glad to rock a dumbphone + a tablet but there are certain apps that don't work well that way.

whatsapp, in particular. I don't even want to use that piece of shit but all my fucking friends and family members use it and nothing else, so I "have to"

having a decent camera in my pocket is nice, too, I guess.

its good for very particular things (the n900)

the camera is absolute horseshit and modern web stuff doesn't work well on it

but its gr8 for like, IRC and SSH

mp3 player etc are "decent"

Aren't the old 2g and 3g networks being decommissioned for services that only smartphones can use?

>i bought a new phone that doesn't do anything my old one couldn't
>fuck consumerism
that's not how it works

Op said he went back to using a feature phone, which, could be one he already had. No where does it say he bought a new feature phone.

I've thought about going back but I just can't imagine having to give up google maps over wifi, and being able to connect to wifi/3g network if in an emergency or need to look up contact info quickly

maybe if I lived in a city carrying around a backpack or messenger bag with either an x2__ or t4__ thinkpad would be proper, but in a somewhat rural suburb it would look totally out of place

I thought about getting a dumbphone too, but I decided to learn self control instead.

well unless you want to buy a used old phone, they still sell flipphones for old people. Consumer Cellular, that sort of thing, they are as kosher as it gets, but you can get one new.

And yet, you still can't stop sucking cock.

>super fast
>LTE
pick one faggot

Nice taste ;D

LG Wine Smart

Good choice. Self control is for people with shit taste, e.g. you

Why are flipphone users so aggressive?
Are they the manlets of the phone community?

Camera is upside down in every app other than stock camera app and you have to use third party keyboard on xda to use keypad for typing

To a beta, it's reasonable that they would see assertiveness as aggressive.

>flipphone
>stick in pocket
>it stays there

>regular phone
>stick in pocket
>it unlocks itself and calls some dude in Botswana

>smartphone
>try to do anything
>get a google search bar
>try closing it
>it googles buy dragon dil
>try sto
>thank you for purchasing

any phone like Xperia s10? It was perfect

*x10

I need a phone that can:

make a phone call
send SMS
act as a hotspot
open office (doc, xls etc) and pdf files
has FM radio
has actually usable internet browser so i can shitpost effectively

I don't care if it's smartphone, dumbphone or nokia e73. I have a modern phone and I'm not using probaby 90% of it's functionality.

Blackberry passport here.
Absolute beast of a phone, IDGAF what Sup Forums says, I will keep shilling BB since I 'upgraded' from a S7E

>priv
can confirm, overpriced shit.

But if you can get it for $350 then it's great. High build quality. Android itself is shit.