How can I learn to make cool images and edit pictures with gimp?

How can I learn to make cool images and edit pictures with gimp?

Most tutorials only show basic shit I want to make cool things. Is there a really good book or something? I want to take a picture of something and blend it with a picture of a heart so it's kind of transparent

Bump

Just buy PS like everyone else.

But I want to learn gimp

you learn basic shit, then practice, imrpove and you'll make cool things

Not going to be the answer you want to hear, but repetition and practice. I mostly learned by reading stuff in magazines (helped that I handled magazines for for a bookstore,) got a general understanding of how they did certain things, then trying out the corresponding tools in GIMP.

Hang out on Sup Forums, stick to the ideal of original content and shoop some images to go with your posts. The speed of the board will force you to work fast, though threads last much longer now ... used to be a time you could start a thread, and with no replies it would 404 in a minute or two.

Find two images off Google that illustrate your comment, mash them together, and if looks like shit, no big deal, its existence will be purged from the internet in short time.

Added bonus, people are more likely to read your post if it has an image.

But I don't know how to get started

BUMP

CAN WE GET A KNOWLEDGEABLE GIMP FAGGOT IN HERE TO TELL US HOW TO STOP BEING A GIMPNEWB FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS?

(I'm ready to spend some time on this too, I'll look around on udemy tomorrow if you fucks don't produce) do your job Sup Forums! ffs.

I've made gimp threads over 5 times and they never get good replies

Also, what's the.. mindfuck here..?

There's a mech? Not much of a mindfuck.

Seriously. Shoop some shitty images to go with your posts on Sup Forums, or any board really. The subject of your image? Whatever it is you're saying. Stick the head of one thing onto another. Replace images on computer screens. You'll learn how to work the selection tools. Then later how to blend things together, how to adjust colors.
Remove shit from images. You'll learn cloning & healing tools, or how to disguise less than perfect alterations.

Youtube

I never use GIMP, just tried it a few hours ago--no 'Import image' option. Trash. I'll stick with Inkscape. Trusty, well-scaled, and easy to learn. FUCK GIMP.

>I never use Photoshop, just tried it a few hours ago--no 'Import image' option. Trash. I'll stick with mIRC. Trusty, well-scaled, and easy to learn. FUCK PHOTOSHOP.

>no 'Import image' option
You can import image via url's in gimp dumb ass.

lots of videos in youtube

Practice

>everyone else
>buy PS
>buy
Nobody buys that