/hpg/ - HeadPhone General

/hpg/ - HeadPhone General

>Headphone purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Noise isolation ≠ Noise cancellation

If you dislike a suggestion, try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked instead of going "hurr, x sucks"

>Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

chiru.no:8081/stream.flac
ghacks.net/2016/08/30/firefox-51-flac-audio-codec-support/
chiru.no/play/?asl/[ASL] Various Artists - GIRLS und PANZER ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK [FLAC]/Disc 1/
bakabt.me/torrent/169903/girls-und-panzer-music-collection-flac
chiru.no/play/?asl/[ASL] Various Artists - GIRLS und PANZER ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK [FLAC]/Disc 1/33 Kinpaku Suru Senkyou desu!.flac
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is that Currawong?

between the xpt100 and hm5

which is better, what are the differences between the two, etc?

i ask since i have heard they are pretty similar. and one is a lot easier to get in my country.

reposting
>Budget
$100 CAD
>Location
Canada
>Source
Desktop
>Preferred type of headphone
Full size, prefer over ear
>Open or closed
Doesn't matter
>Comfort level
Medium - High, I'll be wearing them for hours at a time
>Preferred tonal balance
No preference
>Past headphones
A shitty $20 headset and cheap IEMs.
I'm mainly going to use them for gaming and music. I don't know much about headphones so I'm just looking for entry level ones.

Wait for the bump limit.

>Budget
$50 USD
>Location
Oregon
>Source
Phone, laptop
iems
>Comfort level
Medium
>Preferred tonal balance
Neutral, slightly warm.
>Past headphones
Koss porta pros, just not portable enough
Sony MDR 7506s, love them but not portable.
10$ panasonics, god tier but too delicate.

ATH-M40x

(you)

I need new earpads for my M50x's. Any suggestions?

Reminder to have good source audio components.

Why not m50x?

Hello!

Brainwavz angled pads
ZMF Lambskin pads

They exceed his budget, plus I actually think the 40x is a better value.

If I buy that will I slay azn ladyboys too?

i ask since i have heard they are pretty similar. and one is a lot easier to get in my country.

Yep, they are included.

TEAC will send you a random (male or female) qt azn for any purchase of their flagships products.

qt comes with a 2 year warranty!

Cool, do qt azns actually care about audio? Apparently waito piggus do not

>paying any amount of money above $10 for a hiss cleaner and a volume knob

How do you justify your dac or amp purchase? You can't.

M40X sound better, more neutral. M50's also have pretty muddy bass. Both are uncomfortable as shit if you don't have a small head. The clamping force is high and the pads get sweaty after a while, though they can be swapped, which is another 15-25 dollarydoos.

IMO there are better headphones in the price range anyway. HD 518s have a nice warm sound, but not to coloured. They're more comfortable than the m50x/40x's by far. The pads are somewhat stiff compared to the 598, but that's another 120 dollars more anyway.

If you want a more similar style to m40/m50's, them the MDR line is what you should look at.

weebum version

Daily Reminder headphones that are $400+ are placebo

>i don't know what placebo is but i'll say it anyway
Different headphones have different signatures.
Now if you were to say that expensive cables make a difference then that is placebo.

>Budget
150€, maybe more
>Location
Spain
>Source
3,5 mm modo Jack, maybe I'll get an ODAC soon
Full size I guess.
>Open or closed
Closed, but I don't really care because I can always close the windows and such (I live in a city).
>Comfort level
Comfy as fuck, also I wear glasses, so some headphones hurt my life after just a few minutes.
>Preferred tonal balance
Guess I want something bassy since I listen a lot of electronic music (dubstep, house, chill, EDM).
>Past headphones
A 20€ gayming ones. They did the work.

I'm dying. What the fuck is this bullshit, for Christ's sake? And I love me some FLAC and $100 headphones, but shit.

He should be shot, along with his placebo.

FLAC Internet radio: mpv chiru.no:8081/stream.flac

Lossless anime radio for listening with top tier headphones like the SR-007

H-how do you play this file

Any media player than can grab a stream. Foobar2000, mpv etc

Okay cool works with foobar. How do you make it show track titles though?

Sony ex650ap
Is sound Better than you think.

Literal clone along with HF100.
Get the cheaper one.

thank you

now i can stop posting.

holy shit, they are all exactly identical.

how did this happen? copyright mishap?

No idea.

rate this combo x/10

Hd 600
Fiio e10k
Techno, house, jungle/breaks

In Firefox, soon.

Mozilla Firefox 51 will launch with support for the Free Lossless Audio Codec (FLAC) built-in to the web browser.

If you check browser support for various audio and video codecs, you will soon realize that support is a mess.

Not only is it different depending on the web browser that you are using, but it may also be different depending on the operating system.

Some formats, like mp3 or H.264, are supported by the majority of browsers while others, like FLAC or Ogg are not necessarily.

While you may not come across a single service or site that supports FLAC or OGG depending on what you do on the Internet, you will benefit from native integration if you do.

FLAC is for instance used by several high quality audio streaming services that offer lossless audio streams.

ghacks.net/2016/08/30/firefox-51-flac-audio-codec-support/

>What do you mean by proper compensation curve?

Olive-Welti I used is very close to Harman. I can try to plot it in REW.

Best IEM for 100$? Looking at Shure 215s.

Also, any headphones with leather ear that isnt 800$. Ive had replacement earpads on my hd600s but the quality is shit

gimme good shit to listen to with my 650s + schiit2 stack

my Sennheiser CX 150 died today.
It is not the cable, something broke inside the right bud.

Is this a good replacement? I found them for $30.
The box says 'enhanced bass'. Does that mean nigger bass?

Renai Circulation

sick beats
already listened to this millions of times thanks to osu!

Then every ranked map of Hana wa Odore ya Irohaniho

GuP OST.

Hare Hare Yukai

This. Kinpaku Suru Senkyou desu! is great.

Hira!

> I installed Windows 10, pls don't collect my data

it's a new harman curve specifically for IEMs (blue). the newest for full sized is shown in red and the older is shown in black.

gimme a location for flac versions

youtube compression a shit

by the looks of her, she'll collect all of your data and then some

Listen to this
Nigga playing some Enka right now. Top tier taste

chiru.no/play/?asl/[ASL] Various Artists - GIRLS und PANZER ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK [FLAC]/Disc 1/

bakabt.me/torrent/169903/girls-und-panzer-music-collection-flac

this is amazing

honestly i have no idea how to fuck around with mpv.

chiru.no/play/?asl/[ASL] Various Artists - GIRLS und PANZER ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK [FLAC]/Disc 1/33 Kinpaku Suru Senkyou desu!.flac

I used foobar
File > Add Location > paste link

ye listening to that now

foobar2000 doesn't do it, only mpv

vlc worked.

thanks for the idea
also damn i had trips

these are great, bought them many times.

DT770 if you really need closed-back, otherwise DT880.

>bought them many times

..this is the joke right?
I think I can send the Cx150 back if I find the receipt. They have 2 year warranty.

im talking about the ones the pic

What about the 990? Is there a really big difference? The 880 are like 30 more bucks.

Holy shit audiophiles are retarded :"")

Also, with what ODAC should I pair that thing? I saw some time ago about an ODAC combo for about 100€ or so.

>Budget
160€ tops
>Location
Portugal
>Source
1100€ gaming laptop I will buy very soon
Open with good soundstage
>Open or closed
Open
>Comfort level
Don't matter much
>Preferred tonal balance
Neutral
>Past headphones
Shitty gamecom 388
Meelectronics m6 pro

I'm currently using the m6 pros for my general audio and I really like their audio signature. From the frequency response graphs they seem neutral with slight bass and I love their sound. I am crossed between the hd598 and the dt990 pro. The lack of bass on the 598 trouble me but I don't really have a reference for neutral sound so idk if the bass on them is enough. The hd598 go for 150 and so do the dt990.

>Budget
~$250-350 AUD
>Location
Australia
>Source
Desktop PC
>Preferred type of headphones
Full sized/over ear
>Open or Closed
Open
>Comfort level
High. Will be wearing for long periods of time
>Preferred tonal balance
I like headphones closer to neutral, but as long as it's not beats level insanity I'm not fussed.
>Past headphones
Currently using HD598. Had HD555, HD280, MDR7506 and a few others I can't remember right now.

I've been looking at the 250ohm DT880's. I have a Fiio E10K. Any recommendations in that price range are appreciated.

I'm an idiot. Source as in audio source.

Fiio E10K.

What are some good Earphones under $30?
I had the Sennheiser CX 275S for a few years until some nigger stole them. Should I get the same or do you guys recommend something else? An inline mile would be preferred but not necessary. Thanks Sup Forums

Shit didn't see the format. Country is either the US or curryland depending on where I get a better deal

>bugdet
something around 100USD (or 10,000JPY)
>Location
Glorious Japan
Something on top of the ears, but I won't mind of only earphones fit my needs
>Needs
Keep my mental health when there's a brat crying its lungs out few seats from me in an airplane.

>Zero Audio ZH-DX200-CT
Opinion on these? Reviews are fucking raving about them.
Cheap af ($30-40) and apparently their audio quality rivals IEMs 10x their price.
I ordered some from a japanese Ebay Reseller that ships to the EU, should be here next week.

Yes. "Bought them many times" , meaning they break after a week so you bought them many times?

DT990 is the most v-shapped of the bunch, so there's a a chance you will not like the treble (unless you are ok with EQing them), DT880 is the closest to neutral, but still v-shapped enough that it has plently of bass for an open-back (actually it's semi-open, but it doesn't isolate at all).
Ti drive a headphone with lie sensitivity you need an Amp, not a Dac, Dac is what you need if your main source doesn't sound that good, presenting hiss and other unwanted noises.
Beyers of 250ohms or lower mau vvebefit from amping, but still work well without them, for the 600ohms you'd need an amp.
O2 and Odac are the most common Ano and Fac suggestion here, alog with Magni and Modi by Schiit.

dumb phoneposter

Pretty legit for the price

You haven't said anything about tuning.
Closed in-ears have the most isolation. A lot of the cheaper sets are heavily ventilated though.
Etymotic MK5 or HF5 variant would work. You could make do some other cheap balanced armature set.

Why make the distinction of "Harman" and "Olive-Welti"?

>audio quality rivals IEMs 10x their price.
I hate this phrase. It usually serves as a tell the person has no idea what they are talking about.
The Carbo Tenore?
I remember there were early reports of variation years ago. It's a set with more lows than highs.

OK, cool, I like that they are kinda close, maybe I'll get an AMP then, and if I want some placebo the the DAC too.
Thanks, user.

Always the same faggot doing it to remove essential parts of the OP:

Asking "Hey guys, what's your opinion on x?" is frowned upon.
Wireless is frowned upon.
Headset requests are frowned upon.

OH, shid, i have another question. I went to buy them, but saw those 250 ohm and the 600 ohm, the first one is 166€ and the second 200€. Is that difference worth it? Because if I still need an AMP... Or will be the cheaper worse for some reason?

Uh, do you guys discuss headsets here? Because I'm looking for one for less than 70 bucks/euro and I would like to see what suggestions you guys can throw at me.

Is the HD668B good if you're on a pretty tight budget?

If you're in Japan just go to some electronics stores, a lot of the larger ones have tons of headphones out that you can audition.

Is there a sound quality/isolation difference between leather and velour pads?

ye. velour is more open and leather/pleather is closed

difference is only in the accesories and some say the fit is a bit looser on the xpt-100. both are based on the same headphone OEM from fischer or some shit, along with some other headphones. xpt-100 just has better cables, pads.

>implying orpheus isn't the best headphone that has ever existed

Does it come with a fleshlight or do you have to buy your own?

asian companies contract out the basic design, or the whole headphone, or the drivers etc. to other companies. a lot of companies do this like fostex/foster. this is how denon built a rep in the west even though they can't make a headphone by themselves at all. same this with creative, the CAL is actually a fostex.

might not have enough bass for you

I know people have raved about the carbo tenore for ages, but isn't it basically a fart cannon with bad build quality? it might be a good fart cannon but that's all it is.

yes, it was one of my first "audiophile" headphones after the portapro. I suggest getting velour pads, and bending the band to be a bit looser. the highs need some work with eq and/or use felt pads to lower them. I used ones from a 681evo but it's not needed, I used them completely stock for a long time.