Is this a good buy? about to pull the trigger. is the color difference between TN and IPS really that big...

is this a good buy? about to pull the trigger. is the color difference between TN and IPS really that big?ive heard its not that noticeable.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/#r=256001440&p=1&H=120,240&sort=a8&page=1
amazon.com/Acer-Predator-XB271HU-27-inch-Widescreen/dp/B0173PEX20
amazon.com/Acer-XB270HU-bprz-27-inch-Widescreen/dp/B00UPVXDA8
lagom.nl/lcd-test/viewing_angle.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

144Hz?

You be doing professional image and/or video editing, ever? If not, then just grab a TN.

choosing between IPS and 144hz I would always go for IPS

I believe there are some IPS at 144hz at 1440p
but not sure, its a rare thing

that gaming monitor I would accept only if you are serious die hard gamer that never does anything else.. in which case fuck off to Sup Forums loser

If you hate colors get TN. Also, you better be sit directly in front of your monitor or those viewing angles will be an absolute bitch.

>Nvidiots need to choose between 144hz or IPS

>is this a good buy?
Yes.
>is the color difference between TN and IPS really that big?
Once calibrated, yes. But the viewing angles make a bigger difference.

pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/#r=256001440&p=1&H=120,240&sort=a8&page=1

im sure there are more

imbecile

amazon.com/Acer-Predator-XB271HU-27-inch-Widescreen/dp/B0173PEX20

I just know I saw bitchin that there are no 1080p IPS at 100+ Hz while there were 1440...

Na. 120/144hz is a bullshit reason to get a monitor and put up with TN panel. I got a 32" 1440p Samsung monitor that cost me $640. IPS, professional grade monitor but only 60HZ and still looks leaps and bounds better than my buddy's Acer TN 144hz meme panel.

If the only major games you play are FPS, and you intend to do no major work or any other form of gaming, go right ahead. Otherwise 60HZ IPS > 144HZ TN.

ye

>120/144hz is a bullshit reason to get a monitor and put up with TN panel.
but you dont have to... there are 144hz+ IPS 1440p panels

thought it was IPS add $200 and get this

double trips of truth get Acer XB271HU

true but I assume said panels cost a fuck ton compared to the monitor linked in the OP. I figured OP was looking to stick within his price range.

i can go up a bit (200 or so) but would prefer not to exceed the 800 mark. i want this monitor to last a while so the small bit of extra money isnt a huge deal. i saw the asus ones too but i dont really feel like playing the QC lottery.,

700-900
but I guess it's only your eyesight we're talking about so you can stick to 60Hz ;^)
asus a shit. acer all the way dude

amazon.com/Acer-XB270HU-bprz-27-inch-Widescreen/dp/B00UPVXDA8

what is the difference between this and this

my monitor is a 65 inch 120 hz tv.

monitorcucks btfo

>is the color difference between TN and IPS really that big?ive heard its not
>that noticeable.
The problem is not so much the color difference itself, it's the problem that
TN panels will have non-uniform colors across the display itself.

What looks like blue at the middle might look like purple at the top, and pink
at the bottom of the screen. It's called off-center gamma distortion, and it
happens because the liquid crystals in TN panels are aligned so that looking
at them from an off-angle either increases or decreases the apparent amount of
light they let through. (Because screens are generally wider rather than
taller, this effect is aligned in the shorter direction, i.e. top and bottom)

Try this website for an example: lagom.nl/lcd-test/viewing_angle.php

do you use hdmi? and enjoy your input lagg

120hz on TV is not the same as 120Hz on PC monitor.
And you didnt even mention your resolution, faggot. bet it's something shit like 1080p or 720p

input lag is the same as monitors

it is 1080p

the picture is much better than monitors with higher contrast and better colors

how much did it cost?

brand, model ?

m65-d0

and you're comparing that to monitors that cost not even half that? kek fucking moron.

oh boy where to start

>Visio
>1300 dollar
>65inch
>not buying 4k
>60hz upscaled to 240hz
>probably more than 10+ ms
>no displayports/dvi

enjoy your overpriced cancer, Please let the grownups continue the thread

>1080p for 65"

Enjoy your fuckhuge pixels dumbass

>paying the gsync tax

it is 4k @ 60 hz. 1080p @ 120

ips is a meme
I couldn't even tell the difference in store

>is the color difference between TN and IPS really that big?ive heard its not that noticeable.

From someone who put a Dell U2417H side by side with a tn LG monitor (sadly I forgot the model, it was a 4-5 year old 22') on duplicate desktops, the difference was massive, especially on red tones, they looked orange on the LG next to the Dell.
You need to know what you value the most, color accuracy (or vibrance, depending on your tastes), resolution, refresh rate (variable or not), etc. Speaking of which:

>What about the 8ms refresh rate on the Dell?

Didn't notice a difference between both screen's response while on desktop and gaming, although I'm aware the U2417 sporting one of the lowest input lags in the market might have helped that perception (which btw, refresh rate and input lag are not quite the same thing)

They were both 1080p 60hz panels, mind you.

kek lad, had this garbage for one week and it went back asap

>shocking build quality inside
>bad viewing angles
>bad uniformity
>slow handshaking and switching formats
>OK (but oversaturated) color
>OK (not good) scaling
>shit speakers

other than resolution my 9 year old xbr shits on this thing

op it's 450$ on ebay and best buy

I'm going 144hz TN for my main monitor and 60hz IPS for a secondary monitor for my next PC. Is this a good idea? I'd get a single 144hz 1440p but I want to maintain a good FPS for future games and it would be more expensive than two 1080p monitors anyways

>I'd get a single 144hz 1440p but I want to maintain a good FPS for future games

Wait, as in switch to the ips one when you can't drive 144fps? Why don't you just get a good 60hz screen then? Sounds to me this is just a "they say it's good", rather than "I want this"

As in use the IPS for things that aren't games, because if I used a TN for a side monitor the viewing angle would make it fucked.

If I had a 1440p monitor it would look good and I'd have enough room for everything, but after a year or two I wouldn't be able to max games (with just a 1070) at high FPS and the 144hz would start to go to waste.

>New college kids
>No money and no time for games
>"omg I hate games now fuck 144hz IPS 4 lyfe"
>"Posted from my 1366*768 craptop"

Tilt the secondary one to face you then. That's how I have my setup, and they're both ips.

An IPS already has a 178 degree viewing angle. What are you talking about?

@56337926

>if they don't agree with my point of view they're jealous poorfags

You don't even deserve the (You)

He wants the second screen to be an ips because of viewing angles, read before posting

I'm the person you're responding to. You're talking about tilting my IPS to face me as if it's fixing some problem I have, and I don't understand why. I'm getting the IPS specifically because it won't require weird viewing angles like a TN monitor would

If viewing angles are the only issue you have, just get a tn and tilt it towards you. Do you lack reading comprehension?

The only way to eliminate bad TN viewing angles is to get a parabolic curved display (that's curved in the alignment direction) and sit exactly in the focal point

Anything else, enjoy your viewing angles

What the fuck are you talking about? Do you actually know the difference between a TN and an IPS monitor?

I think he's saying there's no need for an IPS panel when you can tilt your monitor.

But the hivemind is already trending toward what I posted.
You and your vocal band of manchilds yelling at anyone looking to make a purchase because it doesn't coincide with your own entry level hobbies. As if listening to music and/or watching whatever hot garbage is airing at the moment is anything better than someone playing a video game.
No, what actually bothers me the most is easily influenced kids in their early 20's like yourself doing a complete 180 on what the previously enjoyed to fit some pseudo social norm or fit in whatever group you're in at the moment.

You can't though. Unless you're looking at it head-on, you have to do garbage like this Plus that guy was claiming that him tilting his IPS monitor is somehow a solution to TN shittery, like they're the same thing

Whoa there, you say you don't want a tn because of viewing angles, even when facing you, yet you're considering a tn as your main monitor, which will face you all the same? Seriously, at each post of yours I understand your logic less and less.

>get a 144hz 1440p IPS FreeSync monitor
>AMD doesnt have a single gpu that can support it because they make budget poo products
real waste of money right there, from the budget brand

>Plus that guy was claiming that him tilting his IPS monitor is somehow a solution to TN shittery, like they're the same thing

I said tilting a tn, don't add words to my mouth

You're not even talking to the same person you dumbass

Currently using a glorious IPS monitor, never ever going back. Fuck 4K, fuck 144hz, just give me IPS.

Except:
Fucking idiot

Either you didn't compare IPS and TN or you're blind.

Yes OP, it's a good buy for it's price, i'm assuming you won't be doing photo/video editing and will only use it for gaming, so the S2716DG is unbeatable in that price range.

I was making a point. Like I said, stop putting words in my mouth