There's absolutely no doubt that this is the best ultraportable right now, right?

There's absolutely no doubt that this is the best ultraportable right now, right?

The Zenbook is better

>>/macrumors/

Move over faggot.
The XPS 13 is the official laptop of Sup Forums. Apple's newest laptop still has bigger bezels than Dell's 2 year old design.

If you can install Linux, then yes.

Not even Macrumors likes the shitbook. I don't think they even like Apple any more since they haven't released a new MBP in like 2 years.

Worse in every way

2 rupees has been deposited into your designated Apple iTunes account, iPajeet.

>The XPS 13 is the official laptop of Sup Forums

Speak for yourself faggot.

But it's fucking ugly

I want ASUS ZenBook UX306UA.

you can

The iPad Pro is better honestly

The trackpad is absolute shit in Linux because no Force Touch support.

Is the XPS 13 comparable in price with MBP in the US? Here you have to shill well over 2K euro sheckles for the XPS when you can get a MBP with similar specs for 1.2k€.

XPS 13 is the same price for worse screen, trackpad, support and more

why macbook? just buy iPad pro, its the same but better specs and cheaper

if macbook go pro

Yeah, $700 for a XPS 13 configured similarly to a $1999 MBP. It's an absolute no brainer in the US. Even in europe I would pay double for those sweet bezels.

Get fucked you macfuck piece of shit.

Which one of you is lying?

Any time you see the XPS 13 mentioned here it's probably a marketer

Looks like a laptop from 2005, fucking ugly.

Whatever you say, iMarketer.

You have to make compromises on most systems if you insist on running Linux. Linux users are used to stuff not working.

Screen and trackpad from 2005 too

Lets see
XPS 13 vs. MBP13
+Skylake U vs Broadwell U
+DDR4 vs DDR3
/NVMe vs PCIe SSD
+3840x2160 IGZO vs 2560x1600 LG
+99.7% sRGB vs 92% sRGB
+16 hours (11 in reality) vs 10 hours (7 hours in reality) Battery life
+11" form factor vs 13" form factor
+1.3kg vs 1.8kg
+Real buttons vs fake force touch
+Longer travel keyboard vs shallow garbage
+Carbon fiber reinforced design vs bare minimum quality aluminium

The Mac has literally nothing in comparison to the XPS. Windows is also not an excuse because Dell also sells the Developers Edition made specifically for Linux with better drivers than even Chinkpads.

MBP

>OS X

gg

The keyboard and track pad of the MacBook 12in don't work on Linux at all. I know because I've tried.

whoops looks like you misspelled facebook in the url that's embarrassing

Good god it does!

#REKT

Wow, a Facebook machine shilling tournament.

Funny thing is the Mac looks closer to that. Apple literally stole the design from Dell 4 years later.

Come on, be more fair.

>Skylake U vs Broadwell U
MBP's 28W i5 and i7 are clocked much higher than the ones 15W Us in the XPS, meaning their actual horsepower

>16 hours (11 in reality) vs 10 hours (7 hours in reality) Battery life
They both get around the same 7/6 hours battery life if you are comparing the IGZO display

>1.3kg vs 1.8kg
The 2015 MBP is 1.5kg, which is still heavier, but both are managable.

>Longer travel keyboard vs shallow garbage
1.3mm key travel on the XPS vs 1.5mm on the MBP

If I had to choose though I'd still pick the XPS due to the form factor and the god tier battery life with the 1080p matte display.

>MBP's 28W i5 and i7 are clocked much higher than the ones 15W Us in the XPS, meaning their actual horsepower
You're falling for Intel's SDP marketing tactics. The XPS 13 performs better since it Turbo-boosts to nearly the same level while providing more IPC. You can compare the performance between Apple's very own MBP13 and MBA13 and see only 3% performance difference between the two in CPU and Graphics performance.
Also Skylake has much faster graphics performance compared to Broadwell.

And here's the numbers.
i5 Broadwell-U 15W vs 28W. Fuck all difference.

>meaning their actual horsepower
Whoops, that was cut off. I meant to say that their actual horsepower is quite similar, making the differences in generation negligible.

The skylake XPS will only have better GPU performance with the iris 540 graphics, which I think is only available on the 3k display model. The model with the better GPU really screws with the battery life.

>Arguing about laptop specs

t. Utterly destroyed mactard

Anyone who buys a laptop for power is an idiot.

Best post in the thread

Laptop shouldn't be used as high-end machine but more as a portable Office suite

>specs = power
If you read above, there is comparisons between screen quality, battery life and portability, all where the XPS 13 wins out compared to macshit.

Looks good to me, though others seem to disagree. All I know is that mine with a FHD display has elder god tier battery life.

This thread is about the MacBook, not the MBP. MacBook 2016 has better battery life and is more probable than the XPS 13.

It's only lighter, there's hardly a difference in footprint especially considering how much larger the screen is on the XPS.
Battery life is worse on the Macbook by a mile. You're not getting the 10 hours Apple is quoting no matter how much you tell yourself it does. OSX is less battery efficient than windows and the battery is much smaller on the Macbook.

>b-but muh 4.5W SDP
See above, stop falling for Intel's stupid SDP marketing tactics.

shills gtfo

>OSX is less battery efficient than windows
You can't be serious. While Windows through Bootcamp will run much smoother than OSX even on the 12" Macbook, you won't get nearly as much battery life running Windows as you would running OSX.

That's because Apple doesn't bother to write proper drivers for Windows.
Windows has been super efficient since 8, even my Atom piece of shit chink tablet with 2048x1536 resolution running Windows 10 lags and stutters less than a rMBP13 with an i5 scrolling around, mission control and all that shit.

Sup.

I get the 10 hours. Nice try though kid. Keep this up and Dell might give you a promotion.

This is the most fabricated post I've read in quite some time.

Where can you buy the Zenbook 3? You're shilling worked.

>
>Windows has been super efficient since 8

Which is why the surface pro line gets 4 hors of battery. Get out of here shill

It's not out yet I think.

Weird, I get 8-9 out of mine (Pro 4 i5), although it's mostly drawing and browsing Sup Forums and Sup Forums at 25% brightness.

Apple product look terrible.

Oh boy, can't wait to find out where they cut corners on this one. Will it be a screen with a shit color gamut? A charging port that wears out and breaks shortly after the manufacturer's warranty expires? A USB type C implementation that doesn't even work correctly? Or maybe they kept it simple and decided to use shit quality speakers and the kind of wobbly hinges you only hear about in /csg/ nightmares.

I'd rather not be able to easily snap my laptop in half thanks.

You literally just described the Macbook.

/threading my own post in advance.

m'lade

There's absolutely no doubt that you shit in the street now, right?

>no ports
>no keyboard travel

no thanks

I have the 12" rMB and works nicely as a secondary machine. Obviously it's not intended to replace your i7 Thinkpad, but most people here don't seem to realize that.

I have the 12" oval bowl and it works nicely as a primary machine. Obviously it's not intended to replace your dinnerware, but macfags here don't seem to realize that.

>the size of your i7 Thinkpad
>the price of your i7 Thinkpad
>not intended to replace your i7 Thinkpad

At that point, where they are so thin and light, I can't use them, I mean look at that damn keyboard. I don't think anyone asked for a thinner laptop just like no one asked for a thinner phone.

Make that keyboard better, make it a little thicker by adding battery.

>double the battery life
>half the price
>1080p IPS
>under 4lbs
>not a throttlebook housefire

What's the problem m8?

No, it's basically an x86 tablet with a keyboard.
I got it to replace my old Nexus 10.

That huge chin still counts as a bezel.

Wrong.

>coil whine
>broken wifi
>shitty keyboard
>battery dies after 300 cycles
>autobrightness that you can't turn off

truly the best laptop

Out of the way pleps

70% sRGB
literally the only problem with it

Lenovo malware shit. Shame too, I probably would have gotten one.

>patched by ms in under 24 hours before lelnovo even responded
>not a problem under linux

You're looking at a Dull clone of the TiG4...

(((Dell))) can't produce original industrial design.

how difficult is to live with hiv?

It's my dream laptop but it's so expensive ;_;

All the cheap used models have a terrible 1600x900 resolution.

It's funny how Sup Forums only complains about the prices of Apple products.

Why don't you compare that Dull computer with the MacBook it competes against?

but how hard did you try?

The only good thing about that macbook is that it doesn't need to use overpriced magsafe chargers which fray easily.

Nothing compares to this monster

Their malware was only on their consumer shit, not thinkpads, unless I missed something
>not immediately installing gentoo

lol no. none of the apps scale up well and literally 0 are designed for that mega screen.

best kept secret on Sup Forums

too bad surfacebooks are shit.

Do netbooks count as ultraportables?

Also is the MacBook's keyboard as bad as it sounds?

This

Also chilling on my bed watching streams or videos using mpv has never been comfier

I've been typing a lot on it over the last few weeks, switching from a mechanical keyboard made it feel AWFUL in the beginning, but you get used to it rather quickly

It feels kinda firm and direct, which I definitely prefer over your average laptop chiclet keyboard

Yup. In every goddamn way.
QHD+, i7, 8gb ram, 500gb SSD.
How can applescum compete?

Anyone have any experience with the new HP elitebooks? im thinking about upgrading from a x201 to a 840 g2.

>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>extremely loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel themselves has admitted it's utter shit now and has trashed the design to go back to copying 90's era laptops with solid non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>ultra shit tier zero travel chiclet keyboard
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats at the slightest task because abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz because of chronic overheating problems
>retina meme supposedly for "pros" have have gloss mirror coating makes it impossible to use anywhere outside or with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air is even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade from overheating

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?

i missed this meme

>ancient copypasta
0/10

>ancient as shit
>mactards still can't disprove a single fact

No reason to take a shitposter's shitposts seriously.

Nobody mentioned Xiaomi Notebook air 13.3?
This laptop is ticking all the boxes. It has a god damn 256gb NVMe M.2 ssd, 1.5Gb/s speeds.
This laptop is close to perfect at an extremely affordable price range.
Am i missing something? What would be the deal breaker? At the moment I'm thinking of picking one up asap.

that's not the x220 or 420

>normalize to battery capacity
thats fucking retarded

>defending your 20lb fagbook getting less battery life than 2lb surface

>make up a category no one gives a shit about
>claim to be the best of it
Yeah I guess.

V A I O Z
A
I
O
Z