/sqt/ - Stupid Question Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

askubuntu.com/questions/4830/easiest-way-to-copy-ssh-keys-to-another-machine
factorydirect.ca/Canada-Scarborough/Computer_Add-Ons/Enclosures/3_5_/EX2309/_Ext__Aluminum_3_5__Ide_Usb_2_0_Enclosure_Z006081135110/0#Scarborough
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/SSHFS#Automounting
youtube.com/watch?v=qFnrrQCmg8k
shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/13-series/13-windows/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hi Sup Forums
Can any of you Sup Forumsents share any material that can help me get prepared for a CompTIA A+ cert? Thanks in advance.

I'll make it short and brief

I want to flash a rom (preferably a stable build) of Cyanogenmod to my LG G Pad 7.0.

Tried searching for the files but I can only find nightly builds for 5.0.2 though xda and a couple other places

Anyone know where I could possible find it?

Also this isn't the question but any sites that offer step by step rooting/flashing guides? I have a general rootkit/odin guide but I was wondering if you guys know of a different one.

Thanks

itpro.tv

Also to add on, I'm not new to the rooting field but I'm no expert.

Why does gay shit OBS not work?
I tried display capture and game capture and none them captured my game.

Double check your HDCP settings/cabling to make sure you're even able to capture. If you're capturing a console and streaming it (which I'm assuming but this is just one possibility) HDCP will fuck with your recording. There are ways to get around that.

If I copy ssh keys from one computer to another will they still work?

Is the mouse sensor 3320 any good?

The ssh-copy-id command (in the openssh-client package and installed by default) does exactly this:

ssh-copy-id [email protected]

Found this answer at askubuntu.com/questions/4830/easiest-way-to-copy-ssh-keys-to-another-machine after a quick google search

Also adding on, if this doesn't work I'll just use it as is because it's just for .pdf books anyway

I want to replace a server OS with Debian (from windows server 2002)

The weekend is coming up and everyone is going to be out of the office and I wish to change to server OS to Debain.

The server only holds office documents (word, excel, ect)

Is this a good idea lads?

How do I get into programming fellas?

I'm trying to record on my computer.
Some of the times i tried i managed to record the screen before I brought the game up so it should work. A few times i could see my cursor in the game too.

Thanks

I just found out my SSD is almost full because the Window temp folder is ~60GB, does anyone where all these shitty files have come from and if it's safe to just delete everything in the temp folder?

Do a disk cleanup with system files.

I tried that and it deleted ~5GB, I told it to delete old temp files and it didn't delete any of those, seems it wants to keep all the files in the folder even thought they seem like a major waste of space

CCleaner time

They should get removed, not sure why yours are still there.

Give ccleaner a go.
Only delete windows temp files.

I doubt it's a weak computer but try experimenting with different programs. OBS has problems with a lot of people who use it.

itpro.tv is very helpful for getting info and the courses to learn the cert shit but you still need to pay for the cert exams through MS/Amazon/etc.

I think mine only worked after disabling the Windows Aero Theme?

ccleaner got them, cheeeeeers

something like this is what i need to get the files off a hard drive i pulled out of my old desktop, right?
factorydirect.ca/Canada-Scarborough/Computer_Add-Ons/Enclosures/3_5_/EX2309/_Ext__Aluminum_3_5__Ide_Usb_2_0_Enclosure_Z006081135110/0#Scarborough

Can I connect a display via USB Type-B? Google keeps linking me a cable that's a display to USB and that's not helpful.

Thanks,

Yeah, I have aquired overwolf now and hope that it will work.

When using a module pattern, is it even necessary to wrap the module in an iife? Passing the same arguments for each module is redundant. Also, I can't access other modules' functions unless I attach them to the window object, which of course exposes the whole damn module. What's the best practice here?

/module 1

(function($) {
var One = {
init: function() {

}
}
One.init();
})(jQuery);

(function($, $$) {
var One = {
init: function() {

}
}
One.init();
})(jQuery, Sizzle);

I meant to type:

//module 1

(function($) {
var One = {
something: function(e) {}; //etc
}
})(jQuery);

//module 2

(function($, $$) {
var Two = {
init: function() {},
somethingElse: function() {} //etc
}
Two.init();
})(jQuery, Sizzle);

More specifically, I want to run One.init from Two.somethingElse

I need a "home" NAS. No drives needed, preferably 4 or 5 bays. Budget of £350ish. I can't build due to circumstance, I need to buy. What do I get?

How would one go about using 1 android as music source hooked up to my stereo and using android 2 as a remote?

I got a shitty gayming keyboard that comes with an Fn key which is mostly used with another keys to change the lights color. The problem is that now the F12 key which has a G/PC mark on it is permanently being pressed. I checked to make sure it isn't stuck, any help?

reboot, log in as administrator, clear out the folder, then logout/back in
the temp folder only contains temporary things, nothing important/permanent should be in there
rebooting and using the admin account is just to minimize the number of files that are being accessed (and therefore not deletable, since windows won't let you delete things that are open for some reason)

Unfortunately that didn't help for me.
Apparently overwolf is shit too since you can't change the ratio of volume for game and voice.

Can anyone recommend a program for recording games?

What's the best way to stream video using SSH? I've read about sshfs, but I'm not sure if that works for my use case.

Is it true that restaurant workers spit in people's food?

It's that time of year again
What are some good public trackers for textbooks or even some sites to DDL?

I always just google the book title + torrent and it works maybe 50% of the time on sketchy sites

Is the g610 logikek Keyboard good? Its a gayming Keyboard without the retarded looks

So guys, i need some help, figured this would be the best place to ask.

I'm a seasoned web developer who got my start in C++, basically fell in love with php when i had to make a bit of software talk to a server.

So after explaining all of my past accomplishments with an old co-worker, he wants me to see if i can handle writing up some test software for a bit of hardware we have. Which would mean more hours and more pay.

I've written some fairly complex C++ application but i've never written anything with a GUI.

what the fuck do i do?
It needs to run on both windows and linux.

Portability should be of zero issues, all we need access to is a serial port thats honestly going to be the most complex bit of code besides the gui.

Whats the best "system" to use so i can have one code base that compiles to both linux and windows. (i did a bit of this in older projects, but again nothing ever had a GUI)

>What's the best way to stream video using SSH? I've read about sshfs, but I'm not sure if that works for my use case.
Works fine. I watch films over sshfs all the time, locally and over the network too.

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie-Pop?

EE here, can someone explain what SSH is? Someone told me I need it to "browse anonymously", but I thought it was just to remotely access another computer or some shit.

So thinking about buying a GTX 1080 and a 4K tv, how well would the card handle in games like BF1 and Titanfall? I dont mind playing in High, but at 60fps stable

on 4k?
forget it

Really? I´m seeing videos of a 1080 handling at 70ish fps on SW Battlefront, and 40ish ultra at BF1

Thanks. I'll try sshfs. I'm currently using lftp to get the videos I want to watch right now, but it's a real pain in the ass.

My sshfs mount options:
-o reconnect,transform_symlinks,noexec,nosuid,nodev,uid=1000,gid=1000

Do you automount your drives? wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/SSHFS#Automounting looks really neat.

Anyone recommend me a laptop for school?

Budget probably no more than $600- $700, currently attending classes for network security.

SLI 1080s sure. But a single 1080 can't run 4k ultra settings at 60 fps consistent.

Does ASUS create decent graphics cards?
The gigabyte gtx1060 is out of stock here

Seen a few textbooks on Bibliotik though honestly it's kind of hit or miss

thinkpad 13
youtube.com/watch?v=qFnrrQCmg8k

shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/13-series/13-windows/

A combination between medium-high settings would suffice?

recommendation hereI find it obscene that FHD version in europe is so expensive compard to fucking cheap US prices

I don't understand this logic.

You buy a 4k TV because it's the best you can get for graphics and viewing pleasure. Then you have to turn down graphics to get good fps, decreasing the graphics viewing pleasure.

best tips to get into competitive programming? do i just do hackerrank/codeforces/euler/etc problems till i just "get it"? or are there other essential stuff i should read?

pls respond

>competitive programming
ask your teacher, because its schools thing

why do you want to get into programming?

Yea, I want get a CompTIA A+ and CCNA.

When i invoke the gcc with only a .c file as argument, i get:
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
even though all that is written in the file is:

int main(){
return 3;
}

wat?

Forgot the preceding line to the 1 exit status:
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/5.3.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lpthread

Would a i5 6600K bottleneck a 1080 SLI?

no

nein, nhigga

Is building a gaming rig on an mini-ITX a stupid idea? (i5 6600k, gtx 1060)

would it be better to put my motherboard into the case and then install the cpu cooler or install it outside of the case and then move them into the case together?
I have a pretty large cpu cooler (dark rock pro 3)

no
its one of the best ideas ever
it takes few builds till average mouthbreding gamer realize the beauty of it
have something small, yet very powerful
I myself lament often that I went for ATX build instead of ITX or at least microATX

cooler goes on the mobo outside of case usually
you use it as holding thing when putting the mobo inside
but with large cut out on mobo tray you can go for it after.. I just dont like the idea of not seeing exactly what I am doing and how everything sits...

i have always done mobo first, then cpu/fan

Thanks user.

I'm thinking of building a new rig, but I don't have lots of space in my room and am plenty tired of cumbersome big-ass computers.

GPU fan runs obscenely loud and hot, any way I can improve cooling in this case? Reverse PSU? Add more intake fans?

is the psu fan blowing warm up into the vid card?

I got a good one

I've got a, maybe 1 y/o Lenovo laptop I use for work, it normally sits on my desk in front of my armchair. It's running Botnet 10.

Quite a few times, I've come into my room after making coffee or something, and the screen has timed out - then when I come to sit down, it turns on.

First I assumed my ass was wobling the chair, which moves the mouse (my mousepad balances on the chair arm) but a few times, it turns on before I've even sat down.

I literally just walked into the room, turned on the light, and the screen woke up.

Can anyone guess/explain? am I imagining it? Is my laptop haunted?

t. slightly scared user

Just buy some programming mouses and pc so you can program at your maximum skill and compete in the biggest majors

I watched a series called "Mr. Robot" and now I want to be a hacker

Not kidding, but just install arch/gentoo.
You'll look like a hacker, and you get something done in the few days that you have the willpower to become one before you lose the interest.

Is an ASUS Z170M-PLUS enough for an i7 6700k? I mean for some overclocking

find a good case and go for it

camera

>window in case

>2016
>not having a windowed case

>anime picture

Did 'resume', especially for uploads, recently get implemented in the 'sftp' command?

I seem to recall not too long ago that I was unable to resume uploading shit with 'sftp' alone.

So this file I edited is giving my computer problems, would it fix it if I just deleted it or uninstalled the program it's with?

How do I display output text in a Text Field in Java? Trying to make a coinflip game.

I assumed this, but is that a feature? I've only noticed it fairly recently

Don't know if my problem is strictly with the W520, Thinkpads in general, or if it's linux.
When I close my laptop, the following day it dies. Even when it's at like half health. What do??

I know EIZO had such feature in monitors
coupled with intensity of ambient light detection
could be that some enterprise notebook came with it...

pls respond

Because I want to work in industrial field and make some mad money.

>Watching Reddit: The Show
baka senpai

turn off before closing

I think it sucks from the floor on that side so it could pull the warm air away from the gpu if reversed.

Is there a way to take a video file, rename it as a png or jpeg, make it into a readable image, and not damage the file in the process so if you revert it to a video file it will still play?

>ASUS Z170M-PLUS
yes, beefy VRM, should be ok...
but you should consider also investing in i7-5820k + 2011 v3 socket mobo
cpu would be extra $100
mobo would be extra $150
what you would get woul be six core cpu with 12 threads, enthusiast tier, no shitty thermal paste, but soldered die

thanks user, any idea what I can google to get more info? - I tried 'user detection' and 'auto screen activation' but that was too vague

+ model and win10 obv

>mobo would be extra $150
I mean mobo would be extra $50
total extra - $150

Why does nyaa.se have an internal server error?

how do I prevent windows 10 from downloading apps on its own?

candy crash
twitter
get skype
farmville

I uninstall and on next restard I see their icons and progress bar as they are being installed

Make a .bat script which uninstalls them and put it in the startup folder.

Or get Linux and have things just werk.™