Screenfetch thread

screenfetch thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_bag
unix.stackexchange.com/questions/14310/apt-get-autoremove-wants-to-uninstall-gnome
askubuntu.com/questions/323351/how-can-i-fix-apt-get-autoremove-wanting-to-uninstall-most-of-my-packages
wiki.debian.org/DontBreakDebian
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

posting my burger

tfw too much of a loser to move on from Sup Forums

thank you for your generous contribution, friend

>not using GUIFetch
lol are you in 70s???

osascript -e 'set fetch to do shell script "/usr/local/bin/screenfetch -nN | /usr/bin/awk NF"
tell application "Finder" to display dialog fetch with icon note with title "GUIFetch" buttons {"OK"} default button "OK"'

loser

ugly

GNU+Linux time?

I know. Meme OS. I changed the logo cause I hate theirs.

why use Fedora as a desktop over another distro unless you're planning to work with RHEL or Cent OS?

I like the Fedora Logo
The Ubuntu logo looks like a vomit puddle

Because I like DNF and my server and laptop already run Fedora too. On top of that I've had a super easy time setting up QEMU/KVM PCI pass-through machines with it.

i demand those wallpapers right now

cool, thanks for answering

>2016
>using X.org

Alternatives?

I like Saber

why do janitors love burgers so much?

Quartz

What is the beefy htop?

It's called Glances, it's really nice, only does monitoring though so you still need htop to kill processes and stuff like that.

What is that wallpaper, m9?

>>>/reddit/

>>>/reddit

There he is. There he goes again. Look, everyone! He posted it once again! Isn't he just the funniest guy around?!?! Oh my fucking God. I can almost see your pathetic overweight frame glowing in the dark, lit by your computer screen which is the only source of light in your room ever since your only motherfucking lightbulb finally went out, giggling like a like girl as you once again open up your shitty, slow proxy, type your little leddit comment up and fill in the captcha. Or maybe you don't even fill in the captcha. Maybe you're such a disgusting NEET leech that you actually paid a for a Sup Forums gold account.

>>>rrrreeeeeeeeeeedit

not OP but why is this guy getting so much hate?

the replies he got explain everything

Yes I admit it, I use a website with many different sub communities, and do so without shame.

because they are inferior to you

Thanks. Looks neat

Lemonbar?

Yup, in combination with n30f for the popups.

are you a wizard?

desktops r cool
anime is cool too

simple

>inb4 Manjaro

Manjaro is like really really gud

Thinking of installing a GNU and Linux style OS to use as my main desktop with Windows as a host OS for video games.

Haven't used it in a long time, which is the current comfiest distribution for someone who:
>doesn't mind fixing little things and has the knowledge to read documentation and use Google if needed
>wants a wide selection of packages, most notably obscure ricer bullshit
>Generally has simple tools, not some huge ass suite of things like suse or redhat have

I don't like Debian for reasons I cannot really articulate. In the past, Arch fit all my needs really well but is there any new players I should be familar with?

arch is still the best

arch

arch, archhh

Thanks Sup Forumsuys

mmmm bulge, and yeah arch

void, its an independent distro (not forked.)

It uses runit instead of systemd and libressl instead of openssl. It is very comfy and has super simple, fast bootup process. It's package format is similar to PKGBUILDs and packages are really easy to make

I'll look at it, but I pretty much want ready-to-use stuff. I don't have time in my life for making my own packages and stuff - and yes I realize what a security shithouse the AUR is but it's perfect for a user like me

You are doing keks work

o-oh g-gosh

hello is there where i post my wallpaper image

卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐

wtf is with all those satan symbols

those are literally symbols of peace, what the fuck are you on about

suicide is always an option

>Sup Forums in a nutshell

heres a starter
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_bag

I'm not used to havning a large monitor and browsing full windowed Sup Forums actually made threads hard to read.

I've recently taken to browsing in a downsized mode like this here and it's so much nicer.

How big is the monitor?

24 inch, not that big for alot of people I know but i'm used to reading on laptop screens or books and this shit just bothers me even with flux or browsing with tomorrow layout. So far this is working out great!

Quick question, do you have another DE installed alongside openbox? The net install is giving me endless hassle installing Xorg

Aye

use debian like a mentally healthy, sane person, installing xorg just takes one command
apt install xorg
fedora is shit and their repos are shit

my old shit box of a laptop figured i'd put something on it other then vista

is that terminus in the terminal?

fonts?

Mode Seven

thanks

Yup

no prob

This is a desktop thread, please delete this OP.

no shit it's a desktop thread

I'm well aware of Debian but from my experience in using it I concluded that apt is god awful and much prefer dnf or pacman

dnf interface is nice, maybe it's a bit easier to use than apt*, but I had no problems with apt whatsoever and I know that the fedora repos are scarce (there is rpm fusion, but that didn't add the packages I needed) and I also had problems installing xorg with dnf
you can have a good package manager, but who gives a fuck if the package management and the repos are shit

Wallpaper, please?

I agree with you that Fedora's packages are lacking when compared to Debian, my only gripe with apt is the dependency issues, which I haven't had with dnf/pacman. An example is trying to remove VLC from KDE/XFCE and apt wants to remove the whole DE yet with dnf/pacman it removes it with no troubles.

M

I have Gnome3 which came with Fedora.

If you're using a custom desktop with openbox or something, you won't have those problems.
In fact, autoremoving is quite useful to get rid of bloat (unneeded dependencies).

also, if you spend 5 seconds to google, you'll find that there are solutions to that problem
unix.stackexchange.com/questions/14310/apt-get-autoremove-wants-to-uninstall-gnome
askubuntu.com/questions/323351/how-can-i-fix-apt-get-autoremove-wanting-to-uninstall-most-of-my-packages

this is a very useful (yet obvious) article
wiki.debian.org/DontBreakDebian

>two search bars

>tfw 16G RAM meme

>two search bars

>KDE5
Lol enjoy your crashes

>two ad blockers

Where?

Why is this thread so desolate and dark?

Took me a moment to remember where I had it so you better use it.

There

Over there?

I need that look.
What do I need to do to make the windows look like that?
what terminal is that?

Who even needs to customize when everything looks good and works out of the box?

What do

i like xubuntu better

No it doesn't.
I do.

It looks terrible actually.

Ubuntu babbies

i have been experimenting with this for a week and i can't get anything as good as some of the shit on here

whats wrong with ubuntu its comfy

Better then most of the borderline unusable stuff that gets posted in these threads ;)

ewwwbuntu