This "new" phone randomly doesn't register my finger. Is it fucked? I've tried calibrating it and a factory restore...

This "new" phone randomly doesn't register my finger. Is it fucked? I've tried calibrating it and a factory restore. Can I ask for my money back if it was sent to me as a warranty replacement?

youtube.com/watch?v=bXtCreOOcaM

He bought a HTC kek

It wasn't my idea. The phone is for a woman and I'm sure she will get mad with this touchscreen. Is the behavior demonstrated in this video abnormal or is it a normal android lag? The developer mode seems to show that the screen is not recognizing taps.

Still waiting for an expert to show up and save me.

do a factory reset, also that's going to be old as shit firmware so look at unlocking the bootloader, and putting CM13 on it.

I checked for updates and it said that there are no updates.

Firmware is recent

It's 1.53.502.11 from 2015.

have you done a factory reset the option should be in the backup and reset submenu in settings?

Also, putting CM13 on it will probably void my warranty you moron.

Yes, 3 times.
I have also done Calibration 3 times.
Replaced Launcher with ADW and tried Hackers Keyboard.
Nothing! It still misses input.

No, you will have to flash Cyanogenmod 13. I doubt that it will fix your fingerprint scanner, though.

as it's a warranty replacement handset, it has no warranty, and HTC honors warranties on phones with unlocked bootloaders as long as you put the stock ROM back on.

send it back then.

ah it has a SD400 that's the problem, also a desire 610 doesn't have a fingerprint reader.

>as it's a warranty replacement handset,
You don't get it.
The guy who sold me previous phone said that it was fucked so they are sending me a "new" one from Asia. This is my new phone.

>SD400
What is that?

DO NOT listen to these faggots and install CyanogenMod! Be a god damn Jew! Go to the nearest HTC store and complain like a little retarded spoiled brat if it is under warrany. Flashing CM13 voids the warranty.

>Flashing CM13 voids the warranty.
Yeah, that's why I ignored that fag who told me to delete system32.

Depends on the person dealing with your issue, i sent my lg g3 in for a hardware issue with a custom rom, recovery, Unlocked bootloader. They fixed the hardware issue and just sent it back saying they did not reflash it back to stock, but fixed it.

Just buy a fucking iphone instead of a piece of shit android

Can't cheat in Pokemon Go on Iphone ;^

Yes your finger is fucked.

I know, but what about the phone?

welp
last bump

Enable developer mode and switch on touch debugging to see what is going on.

It doesn't register those touches. It should show me that bubble or a crosshair or a coordinate cross, but when it doesn't detect the touch it just doesn't do that.

Sounds like the digitizer is fucked, I really doubt its fixable in software.

Sending it back to fucking China tomorrow.
I just lost 3 fucking months of my time for nothing.

Can't you just go through HTC's warranty repair service?

I've been waiting for 5 months total for this phone to get "fixed". At this point I want my money back.

Also, the phone was supposed to be "new". I don't want them to repair it. Give me a new phone or the money.

Do you really want to fuck with Chinese sellers though? I would just let it go and use the HTC warranty service.

I got the phone from a polish merchant and he got it from China. I'll be calling that guy tomorrow.

>Those bezels

Maybe you your finger instead of your dick OP

Maybe you your?

So? What's your verdict? Fucked up phone or am I holding it wrong?

Well, thanks anyway.