>Thicc as hell
>Fuckhuge battery
>Professional and Gaming GPU options
>Libre firmware
>Mechanical keyboard
>Three or more sata ports
>Easily configurable hardware
>Thinkpad esque design (black box)

I would never go outside with that piece of shit you described, so I'd rather get a desktop pc

Count me in on that crowd.
Can you imagine that fuckhuge battery powering dual-CPUs?

Why waste valuable thread space just to be a whining shitter?

Why not carry your tower around then you fucking autist.

A Dell Latitude E6400 updated with modern spec hardware (CPU/display/GPU/battery technology/etc).

To this day it's the perfect form factor for a laptop.

Basically one of the higher spec'd xps 15s with a full keyboard, and slightly more autistic i/o would be nice.

>still having a desktop in 2016

>JUST WORKS

bonus points:
>keyboard like in thinkpads
>silent
>good battery life / hot swap battery
>thin and light
>looks good, simple design
>thin bezels

that's all I want man

So go buy your ibook dildo and stop interrupting the adults discussing actual computers

A MacBook Pro with all of the modern mobile workstation features.

>2016
>hating thin design
Modern laptops shit all over thicker ones in terms of battery life already, and most of them have a removable battery. What situation are you in that you're using your laptop for 10+ hours without an outlet nearby?

>>thin and light
>>looks good, simple design

Thin precludes modern battery life specs. good/simple are opinions about aesthetics and are entirely irrelevant.

those modern ones could literally double their battery life by adding a couple of millimeters of thickness.

Having a better-performing battery tech is not an excuse to have less of it- that's like saying you need less storage because you went from an HDD an SSD.

Fair enough, if you'd rather have a less portable device for more battery life I won't judge you. But myself and most others would rather have the portability, especially since most batteries are removable.

For me it's gotta have:
Backlight keyboard
SD slot
Easy to upgrade memory
Removable battery
God-tier display

I just looked this up. The specs wouldn't be bad for a work laptop. I know the mobo/cpu is older gen though. The build of the laptop makes up for that though if there's drivers for it on windows 7

A modern variant of pic related would be perfect
>super light and barely thicker than a USB port
>4:3 display for a more efficient footprint
most importantly
>slim dock with more storage, I/O and battery options that is also portable, allowing you to have these features on the go when needed

with some changes
>a modern chiclet implementation instead of these shitty rubber abominations
>a clit mouse or slightly larger touchpad
>bezel-less display with at least 1600x1200 resolution
>more I/O
>starting price under $6,000 before inflation

>what is an x260/t460

it would be easier to get a X220 with the new gen motherboard/cpu that actually supports 16Gbs of ram and an IPS HD screen. The X2600 manages to be worse having newer tech.

Dem thats breddy thicc

HP Elitebook with a decent IPS screen

Lightweight, so I can carry it around with me without it being a burden.

Lots of ports, so I don't need to carry around any extra crap along with it.

Full width tenkeyless keyboard, so programming isn't a pain.

4k display, so screen real estate is less of an issue.

Long battery life, so I don't need to carry any extra crap along with it.

Things I don't care about:
- Mechanical keyboard. I love my mechanical keyboard, but this is a terrible compromise for a laptop.
- Libre. That'd be nice, but that battle is pretty much lost. In theory I'd love it, but in practice it isn't worth the compromises a manufacturer would need to make.
- Gaymen performance. I don't play many games, and have my desktop for anything that really needs performance.

The company MacBook Pro is nearly perfect. Great battery life, POSIX, not terrible keyboard, good display, solid, not too heavy, has most important ports, if not everything I'd like.

All I wanted was an up to date thoughbook from panasonic with a dedicated GPU and some extra battery on top and the chinkpad trackpoint as the cherry on top.