Having monitor issues:

Having monitor issues:
>get 144Hz gaymen monitor
I can set it to 144Hz for a little while, but eventually I get a vertical tear down the middle of the screen that never goes away until I go back to 120Hz. I know it's kind of autistic because the monitor works perfectly otherwise, but I paid $490 for the damn thing and don't want to be fucked out of another 24Hz in a couple years time when I can actually max it out.

my build:
pcpartpicker.com/list/qBTH2R

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mghhLqu31cQ
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826374020
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

looks all good go for it

You bought a 144hz monitor when your pc can't handle it nice meme dude

Not memeing dude, I'm trying to figure out if it's worth an RMA or not. It's gonna be a 10-year monitor and I'd rather get my money's worth out of it.

wrong picture
fuck my autism

>fell for the wrist strap meme

youtube.com/watch?v=mghhLqu31cQ

>he fell for the "he fell for the x meme" meme

It's Windows 10.
I had issues with crashes when set to 144hz.
Set it at 120hz
It's not like ur gonna notice the extra 22hz

not to mention amd is really bad about overheating and using entirely too much vram to push 144hz even if nothing is updating on the screen

nvidia's core clock rests at like 1100 on my 980ti as well with 144hz x2. so i just use 120hz

less color bleed anyway

No come on guys. Some user said I should RMA it but didn't elaborate.

Windows 7 btw, I'm a first-time gaymer faggot but I'm not that retarded.

No crashes, just a fucky-type line right down the middle. It's like a slight overlap of the image.

Shame because I paid as much as I did for it, I guess I'll just sit on it. 120 is still breddy gud.
Still feels worse when my budget AMD ass got the Fury for 350 then saw it for 300 a week later.

why are you not returning it? too late?

could just sell it

you couldn't possibly be having a problem with freesync, could you?

Been busy, and have been debating.

I'm using async. The freesync on this screen is 35Hz-90Hz I think. It's just a dumb thing that happens.

I noticed it when I set the computer up. After I installed GPU drivers and restarted it was fine, then playing DOOM for a few minutes brought it back again.

There's currently a problem with crimson drivers when using 144Hz displays. The current workaround is to use 120Hz. Apparently AMD know about this and are working on a fix.

Thank you. I don't know why it hasn't come back since I switched to 144 again. Been going good for close to an hour.

I got the recently updated crimson drivers and it basically disabled my monitor speakers, so I looked like a faggot when I was showing my new computer off to some friends. Not very impressed, but works again with the older driver!

wait, please mean you mean studio monitors instead of actual monitor speakers

Speakers on monitors always suck

On-monitor speakers for now.
I have an old Dell 5.1 I was going to hook up, but then I read about someone zapping their sound card because there is no yellow plug in new mobo's, only an orange for the center/sub. So I'm still figuring out what to do with that.

Got a shitty pair of headphones for now though, at least these cans have some good bass.
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826374020

kill yourself to reddit

Haha funny wallpaper dude XD

I want to buy that monitor too when I find one second hand for a reasonable price

>i'm using async
ManLaughing.gif

whats the deal with 144 monitors when 120 isnt widely used?

had a 120 doing editing for years and its still not standard.

144 Hz comes from shutter glasses 3D.
60 Hz per eye is a fucking flicker-fest, and 72 Hz per eye is around the point when most (but still not really everyone) doesn't mind and is a nice multiple of the 24 Hz film standard.

Turns out 3D glasses were a fad but 100+ Hz gaming on LCDs ended up quite in demand.

are you autistic my build is basically the same as his and i can run 144hz no problem

Tell me about that fucking wrist strap, man!