Bought a pair of 6970s when they were new because of fermi housefires, but now I wish I'd gone with nvidia instead

Bought a pair of 6970s when they were new because of fermi housefires, but now I wish I'd gone with nvidia instead.

Why couldn't they at least provide updates for crossfire profiles? How difficult is that? Fucking AMD.

Anyways, is 1080 sli overkill? Should I go for 1070 sli instead? I'm planning to upgrade to 1440p when I get my new cards.

>nvidia
>supporting "old" cards
choose one

Pascal is just a peaceholder for.volta
If you don't want to wait just get a single 1070 wich is plenty for 1440p

As soon as volta hits, sell your card and go for a 1170 if they get to make them dx12 and HBM right it will be a killer card

I was forgetting
If you prefer to buy an amd card, say the rx 480, be sure to ger an aftermarket model with an 8pin
6pin is just garbage

What the best way to sell your card?

I don't understand this?
They're still getting driver updates, game ready drivers with performance optimisations and bug fixes?

Legacy = no longer in production
Legacy != no longer supported
Unless you made the mistake of buying AMD like OP :^)

>Legacy = Stage 1 of gimping

Got any proof of that?
No?
Fuck off.

stop falling for the dual GPU meme, SLI AND crossfire suck cocks.

SLI is SLIGHTLY better, but even it's shit and if you think SLI profiles are kept up to date for older cards you're a god damn retarded shill.

Not any more. Near 100% scaling and split-frame rendering in the new APIs means two cards can be better than one. It's just up to developers to implement.

in all honesty, maxwell might not suffer from the performance stagnation kepler is receiving right now, considering pascal is extremely similar to maxwell's architecture, while on the other hand kepler was radically different from maxwell

>It's just up to developers to implement
great

>implying gimping is real
Once again, post some proof that performance has degraded thanks to driver updates or fuck off

i'm not saying performance has been degraded, i'm saying it's stagnated

kepler hasn't seen any real improvement in performance for a while now

meanwhile southern islands is still somewhat relevant

Got proof for that buddy? Last I checked, Kepler was still seeing performance enhancements from drivers, not much, but still some performance gains.

In dx12, the 770 is on par with a 960, no idea why g is so obsessed with this gimping rumor that constantly gets proven to be false.

280x for example, was matched up w/ the 770 on release. now it's matched up w/ the 780.

newer APIs make this even worse for nvidia. a fucking 7850 will beat a 780ti in doom running on vulkan.

Newer APIs using code from the GCN optimised Mantle API you mean?

Also don't forget AMD has the advantage of dogshit drivers that improve over time while nvidia can only show small improvements thanks to their optimised and multi threaded drivers.

AMD gets a massive boost in dx12 thanks to 2 reasons.
>driver overhead
>async compute

Their dx11 drivers are really bad.

because the amd drivers meme is real, it took them this long to fix the dogshit drivers to a point where performance is acceptable
that's also why amd does so well comparatively in dx12/vulkan, no overhead from the shitty drivers
meanwhile Nvidia stuff is well optimized from day 1 so you don't see a big improvement

whichever way you cut it, a 7850 shouldn't be beating a 780ti in any circumstance.

that isn't the point, the point is that nvidia performance hasn't gotten any worse, amd has just started to catch up

>that isn't the point, the point is that nvidia performance hasn't gotten any worse
that was basically the point i was trying to make in this post
>i'm not saying performance has been degraded, i'm saying it's stagnated

Stagnation != gimping

That's what you get for buying AMD
HAHA

1440P 60FPS works fine on a single 1070 unless you're a cash cow and want to splooge out on a 1440P 144Hz G-Sync meme monitor.

Let me explain how much cancer you give me, I like both AMD and Nvidia. However when it comes to scaling AMD takes the cake for multi GPU everytime. I have the highest score on 3Dmark for r9 290s at 30,031 which hangs with Titan X and 980ti rigs all day long. And was still sitting in the top 100 for 4 way cards at the release of the 1080s. Granted Nvidia most definitely makes better cards for single configs. You are cancer by hating on crossfire, because it is simply better.

I think he doesn't want AMD because they decided to stop supporting his products.

I was pretty sad when my hd5870 stopped being supported too, but then I upgraded to a 960 and it's so nice not having all that heat blowing out my pc anymore.

?