youtube.com/watch?v=ycfdfinG_P8
youtube.com/watch?v=hXDNGS9V4Us
youtube.com/watch?v=m4DyTjrruVo
youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/[/spoiler]
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I really like the winblows phones, nice UI, very professional, not autistic like android. but the models sold with them are shit and there are no apps for them, at that point its literally just a flip phone with a camera because the apps are nonexistent.

Pretty big shame, I loved the UI and the highly refined user experience, but its just not worth it.

It's got a lot of the apps I like to use, my issue is that there are like two services that my friends love using that I can't get, like hangouts and Snapchat

The second one is a sad thing though, we had a Snapchat solution but then Snapchat sent a cease and desist to the guy and he took it down

MS should have bought android desu

They really memed themselves out of every technology that's going somewhere

windows phones are dead.
nokia will continue with android.

The only WP I used was Windows Phone 8.1, and it was really comfy. I even debated on whether to switch to WP as my daily driver. Thankfully I didn't though.

if it can make calls and browse the web it's enough, you get the botnet elements as a plus

>Why doesn't this have any apps?
Market share. Nobody wants to take the dive, because nobody took the dive.

>Is there a future for these devices?
Sure. Windows runs on PC's and phones now. There's no real specialization in the code one over the other. App's are universal now as well.

Will it ever surpass iOS or Android? I don't expect so, but I think there will always be a usage case, so long as Windows is common on the desktop.

UWP shit will bring more apps.

But it is alot different. It can't run Windows programs. It just syncs some user settings and themes with your windows PC. What do you mean universal apps?
What

UWP universal windows platform. what M$ is pushing for their crApp Store.

>but I think there will always be a usage case, so long as Windows is common on the desktop

You're crazy, after six years that WP was launched as a platform, a mainstream app like Facebook messenger, does not offer the same functions as it does on ios or android. Microsoft own apps are gimped on their own platform compared to Android or Ios.

WP is dead.

For $30 windows phones do quite a bit

>But it is alot different. It can't run Windows programs
Apps != Programs. The Windows app store will continue to grow.

What do you think the last 6 years have been? A platform unification. Win32 was broken to begin with, and CE was... bad-ish. Microsoft couldn't go the same route Apple did and just force everyone to switch. Breaking LoB applications is a non-starter.

The simple fact is that Windows is truly one platform now. Anything not architecture dependent (x86 vs ARM vs PPC, etc) will run anywhere.

Also, for first party, there is no single better groupware solution than Exchange and Outlook. Exchange has a basic MDM built in, and SCCM (also a Microsoft product) adds even more functionality.

With IOS or Android, you can get similar functionality, but you have to add a 3rd party like Airwatch.

Pretty much this. 635 does what I need.

>muh windows platform is so good
Who gives a fuck? Literally 1% of the market.

If it was so good then their numbers would continue to grow. Windows devices are expensive for what they offer
>inb4 $30 devices
W10 devices, x50 Lumias, cheapest one is $100 for a 550, at that price range a Redmi 3 is ten times more useful.

A boy falls in love with a girl.

Unable to confess, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with the girl's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is the girl's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.

OP: youtube.com/watch?v=ycfdfinG_P8
ED1: youtube.com/watch?v=hXDNGS9V4Us
ED2: youtube.com/watch?v=m4DyTjrruVo
PV: youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
EP 1: youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
EP 13: youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic

>Who gives a fuck? Literally 1% of the market.
For phones maybe, but look at the rest of the computing world.

That's the point that you seem to be missing. Pull an app from Windows 10 on the PC, and throw the same app on a phone. That's the whole point of the massively painful API merge.

wow i think i might get one, I dont care about cuck apps

That will never happen. Nevermind the app situation which simply does not work as advertised, crashes, sudden shut offs and what not. But for the sake of argument, let's say there are no problems with that.

The native apps that come with the phone don't work well, some of them don't even work outside the USA. The browser gets overloaded on most webpages, the keyboard response is shit, UI is so fucking slow because of the animations that after the initial "wow its nice" suddenly you realize it will add seconds to every single step to allow for all the animations that you can not turn off.

Desktop sales are declining and Microsoft is pissing off so many normies that its future in the desktop/laptop platform is being threatened, because there are alternatives today to most things that people use computers for.

Throw in a 64 or 128GB micro sd and load your media. The only apps I use are sports, youtube, transit, news etc. Pick your own poison.

Not sure what device you're using, but I have literally none of these issues with my Lumia 735 under Win10, nor any issue with my M8 and WP8.1.

>Desktop sales are declining
I'm going to say it again. End users are no longer the target. Microsoft is gunning for the enterprise. It's a near seamless integration.

WP is garbage.

>I'm going to say it again. End users are no longer the target. Microsoft is gunning for the enterprise. It's a near seamless integration.

If I had it I'd link it, but Microsoft has pissed off several in the enterprise market as well, its a matter of time before they go to shit there to.

I have used a 520, 635, 640 and a 928.

Currently using a 928 as my current phone, they all have had the same issues I mentioned. the 520 had a issue with the keyboard in particular simply because it was a smaller phone. The only redeeming feature of these phones is call quality, camera quality and maybe battery life.

And that so called seamless integration is really a pipe dream, too little too late in the game.

Finds a way.

[spoiler]Stop posting that because it's already a thing.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/[/spoiler]

>Microsoft has pissed off several in the enterprise market

I can neither confirm nor deny this. Though something like 85% of the fortune 500 have premier service agreements as of 6 months ago.

> Currently using a 928
I'll give you that. That, and the 1020. So much wasted potential.

> And that so called seamless integration is really a pipe dream, too little too late in the game.
That's where we're going to have to agree to disagree I suppose. I have zero problems with the integration. Then again, I may have the target use case, between Exchange, SCCM, SharePoint, OCIM / Lync, etc.

> but look at the rest of the computing world.
Microsoft is dead. Google and Facebook are joining up in creation of Linux-based Fuchsia OS.

Microsoft will get their shit pushed in so hard they will decline to 1% of the desktop market and Pajeets gonna hang themselves.
Windows is utter shit as it is and is only a thing because of no competition. Now corporations bigger than microsoft enter the game, they are finished.

>Microsoft is dead
Never happen. But whatever helps you sleep at night.

If google decides it's dead, then it will be dead. There is nothing microsoft can counter google with.

>And that so called seamless integration is really a pipe dream, too little too late in the game.

My 830 works great with all the UPW apps I use like groove, my ecksbox, and it even syncs up with my workplace's exchange server flawlessly. I even get Office on it for free thanks to a corporate 365 subscription

It will be interesting to see how Google survives Anti-Trust in comparison.

>There is nothing microsoft can counter google with.
Commercial office space
Datacenter space
Patent portfolio

Google still has alternatives to AD integration. Some of the cloud based Chromebooks are starting to head in that direction, but it's a good 5 - 7 years out.

And even if every device in the world ran only Andriod, Microsoft would still make money, because patent licensing.

>no apps

WP user here. Why would I need anything more than a browser on a phone? I'm not a Facetalmud/Twatter/InstaAIDS user and everything else I might need like an email client, notepad, media player, etc. are already built in.

If you use shitty web apps instead of using your browser to access websites, you're everything wrong with mobile tech users.

I loved the keyboard whenI used Windows Phone, I found it better on smaller than it was on larger phones. Feels like it could read your mind on what letter you wanted to type.

Android needs that keyboard. Im too used to the trackpoint on it.

then you lack the understanding of how a lot of people use their phones. IM apps have become normie grade to the point that it is how most people communicate. So if I can't use a IM app on windows phone because it is a gimped version of a android one I'm not buying windows phone.

> UI very professional
Comment discarded...

I love my 950, and am patiently waiting for a more premium feeling device to come out. I wish they came with a little more customization options (the MOZO covers are a little too pricey).

Lumia 950 master rice over here. Its a very nice phone, since anniversary update the software is much more stable and the features just werks. App situation is dependend on what you need, for me its enough, everything I need is either build in or in the app store. Continuum is a suprisingly nice extra, I find myself using it quite often. Works over usb-c to hdmi or miracast.

pissed they decoupled the skype and messaging capabilities. just lump them all back together jesus christ

phone is p good senpai

Every fucking faggot at work always complains when they get a Windows phone because its not muh iPhone.

I don't see what the big deal is, they're easy as fuck to use and have a buttload of great built in apps with Windows 10
>Outlook E-mail
>Outlook Calendar
>Word
>Excel
>HERE Maps

It's like everything your travelling salesperson shithead needs, they do need to do something about the shitty app store tho.

Even Microsoft realizes it's dead. They put their apps on iOS before Windows Mobile, if at all.

The same reason Macs don't have any games

MONOPOLY
O
N
O
P
O
L
Y

I've had these phones. And I feel the os and the experience as a whole is the feeling of something stagnate, dull and dead.

>the MOZO covers are a little too pricey
They are a bit expensive, but to be fair leather doesn't come cheap.

>Continuum is a suprisingly nice extra, I find myself using it quite often.
What do you use it for ?
Personally I've only really found myself using it to hook my phone up to my parents' TV to listen to music while I'm visiting them.

>pissed they decoupled the skype and messaging capabilities. just lump them all back together jesus christ
I'm more pissed they dropped Messaging Everywhere. Don't care much for Skype, but where the fuck did that feature go ?

And when are we getting double tap to wake ?

double tap to wake is already in w10m under lock screen.

Oh shit, so it is.
Thanks user, how long ago did this happen ?
I never saw it in any update notes.

Idk. i only got this 640 a few months ago. Been there since i got it though

What annoys me is that they removed glance screen off during night hours.

It's a cheaper version of iPhones just with a different UI.

do people actually need apps though? is this all one big gigantic Sup Forums meme? like honestly wtf. ive had a windows phone for a year or two now. what exactly am i missing out on. i have an app for podcasts, Sup Forums, news, evernote, facebook, my bank, entire office suite, netflix, rss reeder, uber, vine, pdf readers. WTF STOP THIS MEME what apps are you missing, fucking pokemon go???

I also hate this fucking meme but a nice little Amazon Prime Video app would be nice. Using Prime Video via browser isn't possible yet. Having said this I don't miss anything else. Even FB I prefer to use via browser. MS Map app is great and also the Camera app.

Also there are a lot of feedly compatible apps. What more do you need. Only manchild use snapshit and so on.

Switched to a lumia 735 (WP 8.1) when it came out about more than a year ago, just out of curiosity. Now, I am a very casual phone user, I really need it only for basic functions.
>facebook, messenger
>listening to music
>taking notes
>email
>using cloud stuff (onedrive)
>taking pictures
>phone functions
>route planning for public transport
>search
>battery.

Now, unforunately it failed in most of these areas. Handset is very solid, good battery life, good camera. My issues were:
>facebook and messenger apps were outright shit, gimped version of the android ones
>onedrive failed to upload 60% of the files most of the time due to an error unknown.
>music player is just shit and it's UI is not user friendly. Can't create a playlist from a folder? please.
>public transport route planner. Jesus christ. I always did a search on routes I well knew already but this shit always tried to direct me to the most tedious way possible.
>Bing. Jesus christ, I don't know if ppl use this on their on will, but I was forced to use it. Utter shit (Europe). Email client was also shit if you were not using msn/outlook email adress.
I really liked the maps and offline maps though it was very accurate. I don't know why the Public transport part was shit.
I was waiting for the Windows 10 upgrade, but that hasn't come, so I switched back to android although the phone itself is in perfect condition. Shame.

oh and a lot of times pictures taken were upside down or in a bad orientation when it came to uploading them to FB or viewing them on the computer. That was another major one.