Is it worth the subscription fee?

Yes if someone else is paying it

it's $10 a month. yes. there's some good stuff on it, but the good stuff only makes up about 10% of the content. 90% of the stuff on it is shit. it's worth it just for that.

Depends? Are you a freetard? Do you value reasonable movie selection in the US/saved hard drive space over your wallet/privacy?

It's hardly essential, but it's a nice thing to have for some movies and shows, especially if you don't pay for it.

Compare that to Amazon prime where 98.534% is total junk.

i haven't tried amazon prime, i think i got a free trial of it at some point just to watch man in the high castle, but that's it.

netflix is really shitty for movies, it's good for tv shows though

Amazon has hardly any movies. Lot of old no name b horror movies though.

Only thing I've watched is dollhouse, sopranos and true blood.

Man in high castle is horrible. Don't trust me though. Pilot is now free on YouTube.

i watched it when it came out, it was...ehh. rufus sewell is the only reason i finished it, he's great in it.

i never read the book. have read ubik and three stigmata by PKD though, fucking loved those.

I use my mom's Netflix account and my sister's HBO Now account, torrent the rest

TMITHC is just fine for an Amazon series, hopefully season two will be coming along here shortly.

depends on what time of programming you like to watch. I am able to use my friend's netflix account but 99% of the time I just torrent movies. Good if you have friends or a girlfriend over and you just want to watch something but otherwise not worth it

I got to episode 3 and got too bored to continue.

>second season

wtf i didn't even realize they were making a second season. what the hell is it going to be about? didn't they finish the story from the book?

At Amazon's TCA panel, the streaming service announced that The Man in the High Castle Season 2 will arrive on December 16, 2016.

You thought that was the complete story as shown in the first season? Really?

lol yea, i thought it was just a mini series

guess im retarded

No, unless you are a typical normie who is too stupid and lazy to find the content you want for free online.

The only thing the service is good for is inviting other fellow normies, typically of the opposite sex, over for a "Netflix and chill" session, as they call it. The session is actually a Thinly veiled mating ritual though, HENCE WHY IT IS SO POPULAR WITH THE MODERN YOUTH AND HORNY ADULTS.

I pay $5/mo for the UHD package because i share the account with my dad and his gf's daughter. All i use it for is WWII documentaries. Unless you like reality tv and house hunters, dont get it.

It's better than Stranger Things, which isn't saying much

No, you can just torrent shit and watch it on Plex.

yeah it's got some good movies

I recommend nightcrawler and whiplash

I have Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and Hulu

>Netflix
+Almost every modern device is Netflix ready
+Best originals
+Decent selection of documentaries
+Good selection of foreign films
+Usually has 2 or 3 hugely popular movies from the past 6 months on each rotation
+/- Stuff constantly rotated in and out
-TV series selection is very weak in the US unless you like older stuff

>Amazon Prime Video
+Largest selection by far
+Comes with Prime (2 day shipping, Prime Now, etc)
+Decent originals
+TV selection is mostly recent shows, albeit a bit tiny
-Not very many foreign films
-Not every phone/TV/device allows you easy access to the service
-$99 once a year payment

>Hulu
+New episodes of currently airing TV series the day after they are aired
+Best TV selection by far
-$11.99 a month is more than the other two
-No original content yet

My favorite is probably Hulu just because I watch way more TV series than I do movies, however if you can afford it, getting all 3 is definitely the way to go. For about $30 a month, you can have all of these and probably won't ever need cable unless you like sports and don't want to stream those.

No

No. You can get everything you would never need on nyaa.

why would you get all three of these when you could simply go with kodi+exodus? all these are really good for is their recommendation process.

It's shit, they cuck you out of the whole library of streaming videos by only letting you watch what's been "recommended to you".

Not enough (quality) content besides Netflix Original series
/thread

Netflix LITERALLY has a free one month trial. Why not try it for a month and then cancel it if you don't like it?

There are some pretty good shows on there, so I recommend subscribing. But you can do whatever.

Weird how there seems to be some netflix shills on this board recently.

As bad as Netflix is for US content, when you're out of the US it's even worse. Their stock price collapsed since they banned VPNs but I still use it every now and then for horror movies.

The only thing worth watching is house of cards and when you're done you can unsubscribe.

Nothing replaces mkvs and 4k 60fps (smooth video project) with dolby surround, HDR, the whole nine yards.

I'm curious on how Kaby Lake supports 4K but streaming 4k hdr on netflix is alright. Torrents have much for freedom, it's funny how netflix, the hollywood industry, Microsoft are just ready to pounce if... torrents become too popular and sales go down; so much hypocrisy.

somehow this is technology, but desktops aren't

Share an account with family or friends if you can't afford $10 a month. The quality of selection has been dog shit the last year or so and I'm not happy that they're making it a pain in the ass to find a working US DNS.

Now that KODI has gotten so much better I may just cut Netflix off and use that instead.

Less and less I really should cancel.

the quality on those streams is shit

I split Netflix, Prime, HBO Go, Private Internet Access, and Google Play Music with my girlfriend

Covers all of my needs, keeps things convenient, costs maybe $30/mo for my half. Sure as shit beats cable and downloading music like a pleb

It's worth it if you're in the US. Here in Europe it's definitely not worth it simply because the library here is trash I can get literally any show and movie for free and in better quality.

There's only ~15 decent shows available right now and most of them are fairly old anyway. The movie selection is atrocious.

>paying money to Jewish companies when you can torrent every movie and TV series in existence free of charge

I thought you guys were tech literate, what the fuck happened?

Some of us have well paying jobs and like the convenience

Not sure where you are getting some of this. The netflix catalog is much bigger than the others. Yeah Hulu has more new TV shows, but netflix has more tv and movies than hulu or prime. It isn't even close.

>Is it worth 2 happy meals a month?

Yes

I've tried Kodi packs and plugins etc. but they break every few days.

Just get crunchyroll you fuckstain.

Flick off, Netflix!

PopcornTime if you're new to torrenting but want a similar look to Netflix

ive never had a problem with Kodi, maybe you dont know what your doing ?

its all chink shit

I'm pretty privacy-conscious, and that STILL had me cringing pretty hard.

I pay 3€ monthly and I can easily stream their entire library on pretty much everything that has a display, so yeah, I think is worth it

>paying to have your freedoms taken away

What's wrong with Netflix's production?

Suggest a good pack then please. I've tried The Beast, Horus, Wookie, Evolution, Chief, all have the same problems. Shit works great when I install it, and gradually over a few days/weeks everything stops working, TV guides no longer work, plug ins can't find streams etc.

What am I doing wrong?

>Nothing replaces mkvs and 4k 60fps (smooth video project)
That shit makes half sense only with cink's cartoon

nothing, this is standard experience with kodi addons. Usual advice is just to reformat every couple of weeks and try a different pack.

>giving away you full name, address, credit info
>OVER INSECURE INTERNETS, TO TOTAL FUCKING STRANGERS, ON NETWORKS WHICH ARE EASILY COMPROMISED
>more convenient than using an anonymous download which you can delete, play or copy any number of times
netflix even has ads and stops playing after a couple episodes.
fuck that fuck you.

Hoo in the loo is actually way better than it used to be, a lot of good movies and tonnes of the telly shows.

Only if you live in the US.
Anywhere else, the selection is much less.

If you've never seen a considerable amount of the content Netflix offers, then it's worth it. You watch all the shit you are interested in, then you cancel the subscription again.

In the UK prime shits all over Netflix in my opinion. Prime+now tv and you're set for good.

i use tv addons..... tvaddons.ag.....download it and follow the instructions, its kodi but with everything already set up, the only addon i use is exodus and phoneix...the live tv always crashes on me so i dont use it

Dont use packs

Download the add ons manually and set them up yourself. Takes all of ~20 mins

4 people Plan for 12€
3€ really worth

Netflix UK is total crap, yes its cheap but its crap, ill stick to Kodi, i get everything

Holy damage control batman. Btw netflix doesn't have any ad at least where i live ファミリア

what's a fami ria?

Yes, it's more convenient than pirating in most cases

You are also mildly retarded

Just buy one on the darkside.