Open Headphones

Are open headphones good for gaming? Do they echo when you use a mic? Any disadvantages when during single player? Beyerdynamic DT 990 250ohm are what I'm looking at

>Do they echo when you use a mic?
Only if you have them loud enough to get picked up by the mic. At which point it'd pick up light breathing anywhere near the mic.

Open headphones are usually better than closed when you don't have to worry about background noise. They don't echo. No disadvantages. I wouldn't buy the DT990 though. That huge treble peak will make your ears ring.

>Are open headphones good for gaming?
Yea

Yeah I heard the treble can fatigue the user's ears. I don't know much about it. The only other decent headphones I've ever had are V-MODA m100. I've had them for probably 5 years now. They still work fine for what I use them for. The only thing I've had to do is replace the earpads this year. Do you know how they compare to the dt990's

dt990 are on sale for 110 right now on jewegg

Does the 3.5mm connector disconnect from the headphone side of things on the dt990 like it does on the m100? I have a vmoda headset that connects into the 3.5mm jack

Open headphones are great for gaming. Offer better clarity and soundstage than closed headphones and better positioning in competetive games like CSGO. I used to own Superlux HD 681's and they were fantastic for CSGO.

Just bought a pair of DT990s recently.
I think it's going away as they break in?
But yeah, there is a bit a a treble cliff you have to make it past.

>there are people who would ever consider open headphones

:^(

none of you will ever know the comfort of putting on headphones with good isolation, and being able to drown out the world with just slight volume

reported all of you

>for gaming

FUCK off

>gaming headphones
>gaming
>being a retarded gamergate NEET
>muh isolation
>muh safe space

Some of us don't live in noisy environments.

>with open headphones you don't have to worry about background noise
Why do people who know shit about something always insist on saying exactly the opposite of what actually happens?
Don't be an idiot like this guy, open headphones are best to have the sound to be ample/involving and give a better room perception at the cost of less powerful bass and more outside noise to be heard.
Closed headphones have the opposite, more power in bass and less outside noise to be percieved but the sound is not as ample/involving.

lrn2read

this
fuck shit for gaymers.

I've had a pair of 250ohm 990 pro's for about 2 years now. I listen to them for hours at a time and have never been fatigued. I give the treble a 9/10, only barely losing out to the HD600s. The bass is fantastic as well. I alternate every couple weeks between my 990's and X2's and I'd say while the X2's are a bit more punchier, I never feel like i'm missing anything on the 990s. If you're worried about open vs closed they really don't leak much at all. (at least compared to my K7xx or X2) Only thing i'd note is that the highs are a bit recessed. They're not at all bad, but they just seem to be lacking something. I use my K7xx when listening to classical/vocal and 990's for pretty much everything else.
If you're a basshead go for the X2's but if you want a good all arounder the 990's are great.
inb4 nice blog

I use the DT 990 Pro for producing music and they leak quite a bit, so if you use it for tracking I would go for the DT 770's.

But for the money I like them a lot.

>Yes.
>No.
>uhh.. What?
Akg k7xx here with a samson c01u pro about 40cm away from my face.

>any impedance greater than 100 ohms
but why

>break in?
headphones don't "break in", your brain just gets accustomed to their sound

we have a general for that kind of thing you know...

DT880s are open, and have a much flatter response than 990's, 880s are better for production imo.
990s are just like open 770s, which is fine and all but really doesn't take advantage of the openness
Dont say that or else the opinions will start flooding in

>caring about impedance at all
Why?