Best programmers of all time

Other urls found in this thread:

chrissawyergames.com/faq3.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=875NbdL39A0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Dennis Ritchie, Ken Thompson and Alan Turing. These guys practically created computer science.

why are you posting yourself, lennart?

Not sure if bait or average Sup Forums poster

Two autists and a faggot. Just how I imagine a Sup Forums meetup would be like.

kek

that's like saying the best visual artists are at Adobe/Autodesk

Probably some unknown engineer at Microsoft who is tasked with fixing nearly impossible to fix kernel level bugs on Windows 10

this guy made c++

probably some guy who didn't fall for the university meme

the guy from linux mint

Sadist

the guy who made systemd

Because nobody else would

Not those.

the guys who wrote DONKEY.BAS

oh, Theo is so awesome!
it feels sad that i am not a girl and He will never overflow my stack...

Her.

Get out of here, weeb

I don't know much about this girl, but she seems like she a narcissistic bitch.

It reminds me of the girls I work with. They write code at the level they're expected to, and then act like they're god's gift to the universe, meanwhile the guys do their job, and it's normal and not irritating. I don't get it.

This nigger right here is a fucking wizard.

HOWEVER: I was soooooooo pleased to find out that his code looks like mine. Really boosted my ego.

Kode with Karlie Kloss, aka KKK
pic related to her koding abilities

So she's basically that retarded hot girl who I taught how to write hello world, except she empowers other females to like coding?

Why can't girls ever have good role models? If there's one area of society where I think guys legitimately have it better, it's that men have other men to look up to, and women just get "you go guuurrll!" people who have no skills.

>KKK

This guy made FFMPEG and QEMU.

He has also beat the record of Pi decimals with a Intel core i7.

Complete mad man.

more a business man than a programmer

yes

I don't get it.

He's such an inspiring figure. Best one here

He didn't even write shit.

That's the joke.

triggered

he sent me an email once, that some thing i asked about won't work in current release of his software

I would, would you?

Janoy

>your head
>the joke

This guy right here. Did you know he has an IQ of 190 and is partially responsible for the development of Rust?

The joke went under his head?

>chrissawyergames.com/faq3.htm
This guy of course.

Literally who do men look up to for programming?

>Why can't girls ever have good role models? If there's one area of society where I think guys legitimately have it better, it's that men have other men to look up to, and women just get "you go guuurrll!" people who have no skills.
this. Grace Hopper wrote the first compiler and is a rear admiral, she's a female role model - not some celebrity writing hello world. I legitimately want women to have a real role model to look up to so that they can strive to achieve greatness rather than being some literal who that can't write an absolute value function.

Linus Torvalds, John Carmack, list goes on

See

I'm 99% sure he was talking in general. Which he's entirely accurate.
Also
>who do men look up to for programming
Carmack

The only people who look up to them are people who already know how to program.

Are people who create/develop languages good programmers?

Anyone who grew up playing ID games would appreciate carmack for what he's done for the world, not just programmers.

That's not true at all. You just think it's true because you're young and think everybody outside your kool kids klub doesn't know about le obscure programmers like Carmack.

He also developed Ruby. Zuckerberg is the man.

I only recently started learning to program and have looked up to Linus Torvalds and John Carmack for years.

This cunt can't even write decent scripts in bash
She makes literally every tech-savy woman look like shit

>KODE WITH KLOSSY
>EVERYONE HAS A MAC
>AND I CAN'T USE BASH

Just another webdev shill move along

please say it's fake

>best programmer
>Alan Turing

Edward Kmett

I c what u did therr.

I'd give her my nanosecond.

This is the correct answer and i'm sexist as fuck..

this is what Google spent all that time and effort trying to accomplish with their shitty get-girls-into-programming initiatives.

jej

What I don't understand is why people need to find inspiration in others in the first place. If you enjoy something, you'll do it anyway.

I think this is one of those things where introverts differ from extroverts.

I'd rear her admiral if you know what I'm saying

actually I wouldn't, she's ugly old and gross

Man did Steve jobs ever age badly

This

Well, to be honest, doing everything in a bubble is boring and lonely (it can be good sometimes too, though. Moderation and all). Some girls are under the impression that they need cheerleaders to get into something, because they're forced out of it. With guys, the standard is to have accomplished men champion the things they've worked on and are interesting due to what they've accomplished (I enjoy watching Carmack talk for 3 hours about shit he does, because it's interesting stuff). Obviously in a world that made sense, girls would just look up to the same kinds of people that men look up to, like grace hopper, carmack, woz, linus etc. (And to be fair, I'm sure some do). Unfortunately a lot just look up to useless women who's only qualification is telling women how well they can do. It's like they're stuck in a perpetual self-help class.

tl:dr - role models/inspirational folk are good, for women especially because they're told (mostly by other women) they can't do shit, but the ones who get famous for women are all shit.

How do i learn to code like him?

He looks like a rapist.

was romero a good programmer?

Best. Master of the universe right here.

Another FOSS twat of the highest order.

"FOSS is communism"

Can't afford to buy himself a new PC so has to rely on others to donate to the cause - sounds a bit like communism to me, eh Eric.
youtube.com/watch?v=875NbdL39A0

but at least he gets laid

wheres this kid right now. did he make it yet

Le coding bearded man

it piss

Mark Zuckerberg.
>Has an IQ of 190
>Coded Facebook and had over a million users in under 24 hours
>Developed Ruby and Rust and was in charge of C11
>Was frequently consulted for programming advice during the development of Doom (2016)
>Bonus: donated $45 billion to charity and would have done so anonymously if his wife hadn't revealed it

>Only one person has mentioned him ITT
Seriously?

Our Lord and Saviour hands down

I'm the best. AMA.

What's your favourite language?
If programming languages were girls, which would be the cutest?

This guy

Fuck off, his IQ wasn't 190 you dense motherfucker. It was 257.

He's starting his PhD and is a Feminist.

school of mines confirmed for absolute joke.