Is there a way i can make my tv change its resolution so that the whole images shows in the working part of the tv...

is there a way i can make my tv change its resolution so that the whole images shows in the working part of the tv, make it show the image like a 21 inch tv

>vizio 32 inch tv with about a foot of screen broken

Other urls found in this thread:

electronicshelponline.blogspot.com/2013/02/how-to-enter-service-mode-to-sharp.html?m=1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

lol no

nope, buy a new tv clumsyfuck.

lol no

Capture card - > resize windows - > hook computer to tv

Capture card cost as much as your TV so lol no

broke college student, got this shit for free, didnt even have a tv before....

so your saying im fucked?

Lol yes

its a fucking smart TV, this has to have some type of ROM that maybe someone can modify?

anyone have any fucking clue where i can look for that? google gives me nothing

You're literally a tech retard...

No that doesnt fucking exist, in the real world when you break your TV you buy a new fucking TV, you don't spend hundreds of hours writing a custom firmware to "fix" it.

Especially since that custom firmware would need to be written specifically for each situation.

What you're describing doesn't exist, buy a new TV or deal with it.

it would be far simpler to just buy a small pc, configure /that/ to output a suitable picture, and use that instead

No computer would do that, you can't "configure" it to ignore the TVs image scaler.

It will try to display fullscreen whatever input you use, and the image scaler it uses will not allow you to set custom resolutions.

dont you faggots understand im a broke college student, the only thing i got in abundance is time. if i can somehow "hack" this thing im going to try, it doesnt matter how much hours it wil take

im reading up on some cheap android tv boxes, im guessing you can modify the output size of those boxes

well just make attach your own bezel, throw some blanket on the right part then custom resolution in the nvidia panel or the equivalent for AMD.

Don't make it more complicated than it is.

>im guessing you can modify the output size of those boxes
you'd be wrong

this would work, but im using the TV as a TV, not a monitor

i'm not suggesting anything fancy, just output an image that doesn't use the entire screen (black bar)

>if i can somehow "hack" this thing im going to try, it doesnt matter how much hours it wil take
good luck with that, you'll probably spend as much on at least the tools and chip flashing hardware you'd need to even begin doing that

can you explain?
as i see it, when your using one of those android boxes the TV virtually turns into a just monitor, then you can do something like and that be the end of this whole problem

just get a TV tuner card on your PC (make one) and hook your PC to it, just get a long enough cable

Don't fret around the defective screen, you can't create solutions with a broken source, so make it externally

you could just fool the image scaler with black pixels in the broken area

What display driver would you be using in order to that?

That is windows using a desktop Nvidia or AMD graphics card

are android boxes fast enough to do this in real time? I would like to stream shit on to it

Trash goes in the trash.

Why are you getting an education for anyways, user? You clearly are simple minded.

So your current "solutions" are:

>writing a custom android program in order to rescale the image to a custom size/position

>custom firmware on the TVs image scaler

>use a computer to set a custom resolution

Seems like none of these will work for you because you're either too poor or too stupid.

bitch im trying to make something usable again, tell me it would not be something great to be able to buy a cheap 50 inch broken tv, modify and use it as a 42 inch tv
atleast it would be awsome for people like me

not everyone has grown or lives in a first world country where you earn enough money to buy new things every day and that when something "breaks" you just trow it out

>tfw broke IT student from Costa Rica

electronicshelponline.blogspot.com/2013/02/how-to-enter-service-mode-to-sharp.html?m=1

With the engineer menu you should be able to set up an underscan and h/v position settings. No guarantee as to the quality of image if you get it to work. Next time try not to fuck your tv.

>bitch im trying to make something usable again

You should do your brain first, then.