Since the dust has already settled, which one should i get?

Since the dust has already settled, which one should i get?

Intel

whichever is cheaper at your local retailer/online outlet of choice cus performance is the same

I chose the 1060 and now i kinda am regretting it. Seems like all upcoming games will be preferring rx480?

The 1060 is the lower end of "good enough" right now and will be obsolete by next year. And the 480 barely even beats the 1060

1060 is better now
480 will be better next year

if you play esports and shit you'll probably want the 1060, if you want to though this purchase out and still play AAA games in 5 years with it get the 480

The 1060 is equal to a 980, can overclock more and has an additional 2 GB VRAM.

What in the literal fuck are you talking about?

Also,

>And the 480 barely even beats the 1060

When tested at various review sites the 1060 came out on top in over 90% of test while also using significantly less power.

>480 will be better next year

I highly doubt that, even so, Nvidias next arch will reign superior with DX12 so even if that were true its not like AMD will have a chance to capitalize on it.

>
When tested at various review sites the 1060 came out on top in over 90% of test while also using significantly less power.
In Dx11, but the 480 routinely beats the 1060 in dx12. So while that's not really relevant right now, it'll be useful in a year or two.

Just don't buy the 3 GB GTX 1060, it's slower than the 6 GB version and the small video ram is already limiting some games.

>When tested at various review sites the 1060 came out on top in over 90% of test while also using significantly less power.

In Dx11, but the 480 routinely beats the 1060 in dx12. So while that's not really relevant right now, it'll be useful in a year or two.

my formatting was shitty

>Nvidias next arch
>so buy Nvidia's current, shitty arch instead of the 480
o i'm laffin

Yes but my point is, that the large majority of us here dont even hold on to a video card for a year.

In 1 year Nvidias next best thing will drop and I can almost guarantee you it will fix and DX 12 shortcomings.

So ill enjoy the superior 1060 now, and when time to upgrade, a, 1160 and 1170.

470 :3

1060 isn't superior though....

There are very little DX 12 games, so the 1060 is the better card NOW and PROVEN.

Im not going to get finally invested in something based on promises of better performance. I mean seriously how many times have we been promised something by AMD?

>But goyim please! The RX 480 will be better down the road! I promise its better than the schlocky 1060!

But muh dx12

Neither of them.

Then you are very badly misinformed.

Very, very badly.

Go to the various review sites....

>buy a fucking AMD graphics card
>omg now I can't go with Nvidia later because it somehow vendor lock-in'd my computer!
This isn't fucking processor sockets.

Yeah because all your current games use that to its fullest extent giving AMD a slight edge.

Please...

Im going to buy what helps me now, not fucking later.

>Im going to buy what helps me now, not fucking later.

Then why buy a launch card in the first place? Might as well have bought a 980ti.

480 is better in Vulkan and DX12

Well the CCC will literally ruin your computer so it's kinda true.

Buy the AMD one, much better for the future than the shitty nvidia

Are you keeping the card for more than a year? If so RX480.

Again, this is all based on hearsay....

Im going to laugh in every AMD users faces if after a year the 1060 comes out on top for DX 12 titles. After all, goyworks will make sure of that.

As a 780ti owner i will never fall for the Nvidia meme again. My 80ti is now getting beat by it's launch competitor by 50+ % in some games and 30% on average. Every time i see a new game get benchmarked i regret not waiting for the 290x to be back in stock more and more. I have never regretted a tech purchase more than this.

>starin' at my lil willy

Isn't the RX480 a piece of shit that eats as much power as the GTX1080, a significantly faster card?

As another 780 Ti, THIS.

>Nvidias next arch
he's buying now you dumb shit, not next year

cuck

RX 480

Had a 780ti too, sold it a year ago for my own greater good, have a 390x now.

>480 4gb costs the same as a 1060 8gb

samefag

>living in a 3rd world country

1060 3gb is the best value.

>1060 8gb
ITT things that don't exist.
I suppose a unicorn is cheaper tan a horse in magical fairy land.

please dont be autistic

1060 is slightly better, but in most places it costs more. 480 does the same or better in DX12 games, though.

>falling for the 'it's a 1050 in everything but name'

Reference 1060 6gb or aftermarket 480 4gb.

>(((nvidia)))

Please don't be a liar on a Chinese cartoon imageboard.

plz stahp

NOU

>he fell for the pajeet propaganda
POO
IN
LOO

Speak for yourself motherfucker. Still using Radeon HD 5000 series

1060 maxes at 6gb and the 480 4gb is just a locked 480 8gb which can trivially be unlocked, nevermind the fact that in the first world, the 1060 6gb costs 20% more than the 480 8gb.

My upgrade cycle is normally 4 years. However Nvidia cucked my 780ti so hard that i will be upgrading early to Vega.

Whatever you say shill.
>good goy, a gpu a year keeps the activated almonds in check

When I searched about this all I found was that review copies were done this way, to make them easier to bench. 2 cards in 1 for review purposes.

Is there any source that consumer cards are unlockable?

that was only at launch. current 480 4gb's aren't flashable to 8gb anymore.

He's full of shit. Some retail cards could do it as well as the review cards but only on early production reference designs.

>3gb
>best value

what the fuck are you talking about nigger

>In Dx11, but the 480 routinely beats the 1060 in dx12.

what? the 1060 beats the 480 in all dx12 games except for the severely gimped hitman. the 1060 is the best price/perf card this generation hands down.

pic related. 1060 is the same perf/$ as a 470 and is over 20% faster.

just fucking
google shit
and look at your budget
and look at availability
and look at your os
and then choose

this isn't fucking hard why do we have to keep having fucking 480 vs 1060 threads? literally google will give you your answers

Hey, anyone out there think that Battlefield 1 will be bundled with a 1060 / 480? If that were to happen I sure would feel like a moron for buying one of those cards early and potentially having to waste $60.

kill yourself

>it's another "buy this amd gpu because it will be better in 4 years" thread

jesus christ just buy the card that performs the best NOW. you have to be some next level braindead retard to skimp on current gen performance just so you can play games at low, 25 fps on a budget mainstream card from 2016 in 2020. go gtx 1060 or go home. even a 970 is better than a 480 in a fuckload of games in dx11.

no

i think your moms mouth will be bundled with my dick

>posting goddess
double kill yourself

0.0026365 rupees were deposited in your account.

no

>OC
>at a gold sample tier 2.2 ghz
try harder (((nvidia))) merchant

480 is a DOA card.

the msi 1060 only has a 40mhz overclock m80

they are overclocking it themselves like most (((nvidia))) marketing outlets do

[citation needed]

Look at the benchmark details yourself you lazy nigger

>comparing OC to stock

480 works better with mpv

>this much amdrone damage control

the 1060 demolishes the 480 across the board.

1060 if you're not poor and can buy a new card after two years.
480 if you want it to somehow last for 5-7 years.

Even in AMDrone's favorite crippled benchmark game the 1060 is significantly better than the 480.

>DX11

>Yes but my point is, that the large majority of us here dont even hold on to a video card for a year.
[[[[[[[citacion needed]]]]]]]
Who is 'us' btw?

>In 1 year Nvidias next best thing will drop and I can almost guarantee you it will fix and DX 12 shortcomings.
Good goy shill, 12 rupees have been deposited in your account

Why do we keep posting charts with AMD reference designs vs OC'd Nvidia?

>even nvidia shills from poolooland admit that nvidia cards last 1/3 as long as AMD cards
What a time to be alive!

>Asus GTX 1060 OC 3rd party card
>Vs Reference 480

Shill.

Who's this we you speak of, rajesh?

because stock 1060 is usually also included in the chart

>Over clocked vs reference card
Lmao
Are nvidiots even trying anymore

>ASUS GTX 1060 3rd party OC card (again)
>VS Reference 480
>Only wins by 9 fps
>Against reference

W E W
E
W

i find this perfectly fine. aftermarket cards like the zotac mini 6gb are within ~£5 of a reference rx 480 8gb.

is this a meme?
serious question

> implying I'm an Nvidia shill

>implying AIB 480s improve performance

you can't fix bad OC headroom and a bad architecture by slapping a bigger cooler onto the board, idiot.

DX12 is shit, DX11 is barely even a thing today. DX10 looks just as good, fuck your subtle differences in lighting for some games that no one can tell, if you buy a card over another because MUH DX- - PERFORMANCE IS BETTER! than you are a huge faggot

Meanwhile in the real world...

>25% performance increase
>no change
Huh... I thought hard on this one...

>Using Sapphire's 480 when it's been performing near the bottom tier of 3rd party cards this time around

S H I L L
H
I
L
L