Does aMD have anything as good as shadowplay yet?

Does aMD have anything as good as shadowplay yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gYXl8FQHdCY
raptr.com/amd
reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/2q0jhr/amds_gaming_evolved_aka_raptr_acts_like_malware/
youtube.com/watch?v=zcNNshX984I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If they do then I might consider switching over to Red team to upgrade my gtx 670

playstv

No.

Advanced Media Framework.

Part of the GPUOpen.

Take this disgusting pedophile shit to /s/ where it belongs, you degenerate.

Yes

lmao @ u r

OBS since years ago dude

>shadowplay

Still not as good as shadowplay.

Its exactly the same, learn2settings.

just use fraps

No it isn't holy shit kys

Nope.

AMD will never be able to compete with anything from Nvidia desu senpai

Yeah, care to elaborate what's different or missing?
OBS nerd

The benefit of shadowplay is you only save what you liked, fraps is also uncompressed so you'll run a gig per 40 seconds for video you may not have anything good

It has more of a performance impact than shadowplay

It does not you moron, both use GPU native encoding so it has ZERO (0) impact on video encoding.

OBS (even with nvenc) is way slower than shadowplay, see this video:

youtu.be/gYXl8FQHdCY

Nope, see There is as huge performance impact from OBS, literally 18 FPS lower

Shadowplay is by far the best

But the point wasn't about OBS being slower than Shadowplay, the point was that AMD had a native gpu encoding software solution.
Stop moving the goal post user.

You can't say Shadowplay is faster than OBS on AMD hardware because you can't run Shadowplay on AMD cards.

So AMD doesn't have an equivalent to shadowplay then?

Yes, OBS, are you fucking blind or just retarded?

Nobody has an equivalent to ShadowPlay, it's by far the best in all tests

OBS is not made by AMD and it's also very slow and low quality compared to ShadowPlay

That's a shame, I like AMD but I use shadowplay so much on my 680 that I can't switch over.

It isn't made by AMD, but its a Shadowplay like software that works on AMD hardware.
Its not slow and the quality depends on the settings, can you stop shitposting now?

It is significantly slower than shadowplay. See

>Its not slow and the quality depends on the settings

See OBS is way slower than Shadowplay and OBS has even worse quality.

Read You're just posting in circles now, OBS works great on AMD hardware.

Nope, that's the overhead from OBS, which applies to AMD hardware as well.

OBS = slow shit

And shadowplay works better on nvidia hardware. If OBS can't match shadowplay then it's not an AMD equivalent, and let's not forget it isn't even made by AMD.

I wonder what almost all the "Quality" Twitch streamers use? Could it be OBS?

Isn't AMD Raptr the equivalent?

This is now an Amada thread.

What is this “Game DVR” I'm seeing in a few different places? Seems to be the AMD equivalent.

OBS is way better for streaming because it has more options, you can put overlays and all kinds of shit on it.

For video recording Shadowplay is far superior because it gives better quality and better speed.

Yea

>that's the overhead from OBS, which applies to AMD hardware as well
Yeah, because both cards run the very same instruction set and have the same drivers right? Oh wait, you're just speculating
OP Asked for a GPU encoding solution, I posted OBS wich is what he wanted for AMD hardware and configured properly works just fine, you're posting no proof whatsoever from your claims.
You're making InElite cry with your low tier shitposting.

I wonder if Anandtech revisited the application from two years ago?

OBS can't match shadowplay for performance, it's better than most others out there, but it's still inferior to shadowplay for recording

Its the windows 10 built-in video encoding for game recording, its very limited, you cannot customize bitrate and shit, very simple for dummies.

No it's literally the overhead from the OBS software, has nothing to do the hardware.

You're correct as they aren't looking for answers or a discussion just another AMDv Nvcuck thread. It's Pinky and the Brain everyday here.

AMD doesn't have an equivalent. VCE is a thing but it's has a significant performance impact that quicksync and nvenc don't have.

Then why is nobody mentioning it?

I read that it's best to shut down the Win10 Game DVR as it causes performance problems using it or not. Yet another reason to uninstall Win10.

Its not needed, its not enabled by default, you need to turn it on first to use it.

I've read that it causes problems regardless if you use it or turn it on.

raptr.com/amd

you can't turn it off without signing into a microsoft account, checkmate

It doesn't do shit if you don't turn it on, stop reading shitty sites/rumors and just try it yourself.
I was hoping no one metioned this, is ABSOLUTE DOGSHIT, OBS is superior in everyway.

Hardware: VCE
Software: Raptr

>Raptr

enjoy your malware

reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/2q0jhr/amds_gaming_evolved_aka_raptr_acts_like_malware/

nice to see that AMD values their '''customers'''

I chuckled.

Raptr is practically malware, and it's total shit compared to Shadowplay

OP asked for AMD equivalent, OBS is not.

We know, that's why you use OBS on Amd hardware.

Good to know

I use OBS since 5 months ago, works pretty good.
youtube.com/watch?v=zcNNshX984I

Yea

are they fucking eat toothpaste

Who needs a ShadowBotnet when you got this beautiful JewSync?

im waiting for the beefy cards to come in

>shadowbotnet
>jewsync
?

Tried playstv once. My pc literally hanged. That said, I did have a poorfag rig back then.
Also tried VCE once, noticeable performance impact especially in GPU intensive games.
For AMD cards, it's either software encoding or quicksync.

Why is it so hard for amd to include a small and cheap hardware encoder and to write up some software that allows you to record?

AMD is practically bankrupt at this point, they have no money to do shit like that.

ShadowPlay
Intel QuickSync

Thanks for translating

Nvidia has been shilling Shadowplay for around 6 years now, AMD never bothered to shill Raptr and people who aren't retarded always used OBS
VCE is equally fast as NVENC, Quicksync has always been faster but it went really downhill in quality after Ivy Bridge
They were literally the fist company to start with the hardware encoding meem, they started with hybrid encoding with ATi Avivo back in 2006 iirc, and VCE in 2009, Nvidia catched up in 2010 with their own hardware encoding solution, third parties made hybrid encoding based on CUDA around the same time as Avivo
No one cared back then though because they were downright unusable trash, it wasn't until Intel launched Quicksync in 2011 that they bothered with quality and it wasn't until 2013 that the streamers started to actually use the stuff

>Sup Forums
>shilling
Dude what?

No. Nothing can really compete with shadowplay.

shadow play doesnt support nearly enough games yet. it is pretty cool tho

Shadowplay is miles better than quicksync though

what said

Which is?

What can you use on AMD graphics that'll result in as little performance loss as shadowplay at that quality

Real streamers use a dedicated second PC.

This gives me an idea. Could I use a spare gpu to record?

I've used OBS with the AMF plugin and my RX470 and it works great. Recorded a few things at 1080/60 just fine.

Don't you still need a Capture Card?

They don't use Shadowplay because GPU capture is garbage efficiency at low bitrates. If you aren't going at least 10 mbps, the quality is ass. Faster speed = less compression accuracy, same as setting H.264 to the Ultra Fast preset, it's worse than slow.

And what bitrate does twitch cap at? 3.5 mbps.

>And what bitrate does twitch cap at? 3.5 mbps.
topjej, quality services thanks to american internet

No, AMD can't compete.

I use Obs with cpu encoding. Lol who needs Shadowplay. I don't even have geforce experience installed.

So out of curiosity I just tried OBS incese this is actually not a troll thread.

80% CPU using x264 CPU encoding.
8% CPU using AMD VCE x264 GPU encoding.

i3 Sandy Bridge user here.

But how much % gpu is it using?

Barely noticeable, I don't see any FPS drop while watching a live game of DOTA 2 ingame.
Test recording using both 3.5K and 50K bitrate to MP4 using AMD VCE, almost no differences in FPS or CPU usage.

I can't see the GPU percentage since i got no Afterburner installed, so I used ingame FPS counter.

Can't say the same about NVENC because I don't own any Nvidia card or Quicksync because i3 SB doesn't support it.

Nope, you want hardware accelerated capture of DirectX 12 and NVENC. There is no AMD equivalent.

You literally know jack shit, I wonder why you keep posting your ignorance, at least InElite was funny

Just filter it