The latest windows 10 update, which as an aside took longer than the entire windows 10 installation process...

The latest windows 10 update, which as an aside took longer than the entire windows 10 installation process, has changed and reverted some settings. One of the changes was to the start menu. Please see the attached picture. This change is very much undesired because that list of random garbage is entirely fucking useless, and hides the buttons that I do use.

Does anyone know how to fix this? (I've tried finding how to do it for a while now and can't find it)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9IXVVCbyhoc
bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=162768
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ya, I'm having the same issue and I,m fairly good at customizing my computer. but i don't know, hope someone can make a tutorial or they patch it if that has to happen.

Install... No, not gentoo, install Classic Shell or another start menu replacer. Works better than windows 7s start menu and you can customize / personalize the fuck out of it.

This is what you fucking get for installing Windows 10. You get no sympathy, you get no assistance. All you get it regrets and the disdain of Sup Forums. Go back to Windows 7 if you have any sense of decency.

Literally half of Sup Forums, if not more, are Windows 10 users from Sup Forums. Just look at the Speccy threads and notice how 95% of them are using Windows 10.

Time for GNU.

7 won't save you for much longer.

Why GNU when i when just use bash on Windows :^)

autism.

If you put a diamond in a pile of shit, you still have a pile of shit.

3 years and change.

Hit Win+E. Congrats, you now have a window with all those folders in it!

Your the kind of person who can't see capitalism and Communism are both flawed systems. All OS are designed for a niece market, and there for they fit someone else in a different way. They all have flaws.

If you absolutely have to suck Microsoft's cock, at least suck the 7 inch one

>capitalism
>equal opportunity is a flawed system

If you think there is equal opportunity in capitalism you are more deluded than the commies.

Yes it is. Most Americans are in debt, It could be a credit card, bank loan, or a car payment. and the monthly interest go's up the latter to the rich.

If all debt was gone and money was distributed equally to every American, everyone would have $250 dollars to there name.

All I get when I do that is this

Like I said there both broken.

Yeah, I'm gonna need some sauce on that, user.

>he installed an operating system that updates and changes itself automatically
>he was warned of this a lot
>but he installed it anyway
>now he's trying to "fix" it
Stockholm syndrome

>something happened :^)
i'll never understand why people use that piece of shit os

youtube.com/watch?v=9IXVVCbyhoc

System Administrator
>do nothing until problem arises
>eventually problem arises
>play with the server
Rinse & repead

I wouldn't have made this thread if google had the answer.
Every result on google is
"TOP 10 WAYS TO CUSTOMIZE UR START MENU XD"

Thanks, it's something at least.

Thanks, maybe.

Fuck, wrong thread

I spent about 18 hours trying to get win 7 to install properly, and nothing worked - it'd get as far as the desktop, but no drivers or anything - even when I downloaded a bunch myself, a lot of microsoft-specific updates critical to the computer actually running just flat out wouldn't download and install, so I just gave in and installed win 10

I don't want to use this but I've got little choice since linux STILL can't play videogames

seriously linuxfags, what is up with that? You've had like 6 decades to get videogames working and they still don't work

Install w7 + wsus offline update, then windows update will unfuck itself and work.

t. winfag who fully migrated to GNU/Linux like two weeks ago.

>linux STILL can't play videogames
GPU passthrough or dual boot

What's this GPU passthrough thing?

Capitalism isn't broken. It's lifted more people out of poverty than any other system. You're likely attributing some sort of government issue instead. All good there as there are books aplenty on Amazon or through Torrents you can read up on.

Passthrough for the hipster cred

>What's this GPU passthrough thing?

bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=162768

OP: Welcome to using an operating system that isn't yours.

>mfw it took Windows 25 years to catch up to Linux and get a useable shell
>mfw this supposed tech bastion just copies bash
>mfw MS is finally admitting Linux is better

>What's this GPU passthrough thing?
meme that only works on a few main boards

Yeah

checked it out and my 3570k can't do it

I'll consider doing dual boot once Zen is out and I build a new computer.

They only introduced it because they want developers to choose Windows as their preferred development system, using Microsoft Visual Studio on Genuine Windows 10 platforms, preferably developed in Azure and sold as a Windows Store App.

Now, in their eyes, they can use all their familiar dev tools from Linux in a richer, more complete OS. Linux will be "Just a language", and it will sit quietly, locked within Windows.

This is Embrace, Extend, Extinguish all over again

Debt is a good thing. It means a country with a surplus amount of money is helping another country grow faster and benefits both countries in the end. It also builds a relationship between the countries because they helped each other out.

Would you help the country that gave you a loan when they didn't need to?
Would you help the country that pays back the loans you give them and has a reason to respect you above other random countries?

Fuck yes.

Besides, the US is in debt to so many countries that they are too big to fail.

>browse a Win 10 thread
>somehow it turns into Cold War II
>mfw
Never change, Sup Forums

>he doesn't know what's coming in October

Wtf I hate Gentoo now

It works on my setup and I just found out it exists. Can't be that rare.

The actual Windows 10 thread is here