/spg/ - Smartphone General - IFA 2016 Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES

News:
Moto Z Play is official with 3,510 mAh battery, SD625 and 3.5mm jack
gsmarena.com/moto_z_play_is_now_official_with_3500_mah_battery_snapdragon_625-news-20257.php

Nubia Z11 goes international in September for €500
gsmarena.com/nubia_z11_goes_international_in_september-news-20253.php

Acer outs low-cost Liquid Z6, Z6 Plus, and Iconia Talk S at IFA
gsmarena.com/acer_outs_lowcost_liquid_z6_z6_plus_iconia_talk_s_at_ifa-news-20244.php

Lenovo's unlocked Moto Z and Moto Z Play are coming to the US in October
theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2016/8/31/12732348/moto-z-unlocked-pricing-release-date-lenovo

Galaxy Note 7 shipments have been delayed for quality testing
sammobile.com/2016/08/31/galaxy-note-7-shipments-have-been-delayed-for-quality-testing/

Another set of Xiaomi Mi Note 2 live images leak online
gsmarena.com/another_set_of_xiaomi_mi_note_2_live_images_leak_online-news-20232.php

Xiaomi Mi5S and LeEco Le2 will compete to be cheapest Snapdragon 821 phones
gizchina.com/2016/08/30/xiaomi-mi5s-leeco-le2-will-compete-cheapest-snapdragon-821-phones/

[Mr.Mobile]Review: Moto Z Play + Hasselblad Moto Mod
youtube.com/watch?v=EI9dmj6eiVQ

old

US version of Note 7 user here, how fucked am I

Geekbench 4 is out. They got rid of the SHA1 and SHA2 tests that chip makers use to cheat.

Lol at all the butthurt Samshit and Snapdragon 820 owners complaining about their phones being slow.

What's a good $200-$300 phone with good low light camera and battery

This type of shit is why nobody takes AnTuTu seriously any more right? Because fuckers like mediatek will hyperinflate their scores?

Is geekbench a pajeet meme or does it translate to actual performance

Who /iphone7/ here?

which are Sup Forums's favorite iOS apps?
Bought my SE about a week ago and i'm in love with this fucker

What ever happened to the OP3 not using all of its 6 GB of RAM?
Is there a catch for using all 6 GB?
Also, what is the SOT for it?

Wrong board

It's pretty decent. Still shit for comparing between ARM and x86 because of different compiler optimizations.

Also more samshit butthurt

Does anyone make non-smartphones?
AT&T is retiring their 2G network, and they've been sending me messages every day saying my phone will no longer work after December 31st.

Actually it's okay for comparing against X86 and ARM but the only relevant results are FP results.

Currently the Exynos 8890 is pretty much on par with a dual-core haswell laptop i3 @ 2.4 GHz in FP performance.

To be fair that i3 will maintain that performance over time but the 8890 won't due to no active cooling.

Reminds me of this

Do it again with Geekbench 4. Both Desktop and Mobile now have the same workload for more accurate testing.
Geekbench 3 is pretty stupid when any flagship blows through the test in 10 seconds.

Is the Galaxy S7 any good? I'll be upgrading from a hand-me-down iPhone 5 (not even the S version) I've had for 3 years already.

thank you, kek

>Have Z3 Compact
>Bump into door when someone is coming through the other way - wasn't looking
>Front of screen shatters so badly that I can't unlock the phone
It was such a light hit that I have to imagine there was a fault in the screen that was just waiting to break.

So here are my list for a new phone.
>Under $200
>Around 5" screen size
>Doesn't need to be flagship-tier but it should at least not have horrid lag on basic things, which is really all I use my phone for anyway (GBA ROM's are the most intense)
>Maybe a metal body and strong glass - or just something all-around durable, to make it simpler

In the case that there isn't much out there which is worth using with those qualifications, is the 2GB model of the Redmi Note 3 worth looking at? As it says above, I do nothing resource-intensive with my phone.

Why not just get a new screen for your Z3C?

Sony doesn't use Gorilla Glass, they use this shitty DragonTrail bullshit and use the glass as the touch digitizer instead of the LCD like everyone else. That's why you see people with iPhones and Samsungs with completely smashed screens with glass picking off and they still accept touch input just fine.

Aside from iPhone 6s and Galaxy S7, what phones feel solid, premium, and just nice to handle?

Why on earth do they do that?

>what phones feel solid, premium, and just nice to handle?
Bro it's a just a phone, not a dildo.

Note 4 snapdragon or Note 4 exynos?

are there any smartphones that are under 4 inches but have a 8mp camera?

i currently have a galaxy exhibit, and was looking around online but could only find phones in 4 inches at minimum, and nothing below that.
the only reason i want to switch from current phone is that I would like a better camera.

iphone se

t. poorfag

Planning on getting a OP3. Is the glass screen protector on their website any good?

so what's a good phone with these specs for $400?
>1080p at the least
>no shitty CPU
>3 or 4GB RAM
>microSD
>USB C or microusb if it has fast charge
>3000mAh or more

If it's possible for there to be a stronger-glass screen, I'll consider it.

Otherwise, I'm getting something with much stronger glass. Durability wasn't something i had put much thought into in the past, and now it's something I refuse to compromise on.

Just got an S7 edge and fucking loving it

Most phones all use the same glass on the front screen, there isn't much you can do about durability here besides putting on some garishly bulky case and screen protector.

The Redmi Note 3 is the official phone of Sup Forums for 2016.

Performance, price, battery life and screen size all converge on a point of such high quality that it beggars belief.

You're not a cuck are you Sup Forums? Don't buy a flagship, save that money to spend on stuff for your rig or thinkpad.

Cheaper for Sony to replace, fucking expensive for anyone else.

>Most

Yeah, the Z3C (or at least my model) doesn't have Gorilla Glass, to my knowledge.

And I want something with Gorilla Glass now.

>5.5"

The Z3C looks great on paper but I found it to be a polished turd. The back cracks very easily, the side covers all break off and the microsd port gets faulty quickly. Lots of people have bought sonys dock just to charge their fucking phone.

>xiaomi

don't you have anything better to do?

children shouldn't be using phones

5.5" is standard. Get the Mi Max if you want a bigger phone.

Are you saying it's too big or too small?

I would assume he thinks it's too big. Too small would be a very strange stance. Even fur people who want 6 or more, 5.5 isn't tiny.

Pfft
I'm a manlet thank you very much
No, that's even worse.
Too big

t. koksal baba

The build quality was the only reservation I had about getting it. Water and dust resistance is hardly a concern; glass on the front and back which isn't GG most assuredly is. Specs-wise the phone was great, for the time I had it. (t. someone who does fuckall with their phone)

That's why my needs in a phone now include GG. Wasn't before.

>non-removable battery

Yeah....

.....no

I've broken screens that have gorilla glass before. I've put a tempered glass screen protector and a case on my xiaomi. I think the xiaomi can survive drops unless it's on the screen (same with any GG phone).

Gorilla Glass by corning is just one chemically treated glass manufacturer, they're not the only one and I think that you're getting jewed.

>Non-removable battery autism

Yeah.....

.....no

>4000MAH battery

hell yes!

>autism
not really

There is no reason to want a removable battery in the current year. Therefore it is autism.

You know what you need?

A redmi note 3 pro.

>taking away features makes phones better

>Having a removable battery makes the phone better
We could put a serial port on it for you, if you want.

>he doesn't want a bigger battery that lasts at least a day or two or multiple batteries
I don't fucking understand

Yes yes, very good...

...but can it run Sims 4?

Find a phone with a removable battery for the same specs (or better) and the same price (or cheaper) than the redmi note 3 pro.

protip, you can't.

>buying the Reddit note 3

100¥ have been deposited to your account.

It doesn't have to be GG specifically. Just SOMETHING more durable than what the Z3C has.

>not a nexus
DROPPED

It will be the same, you are only taking FP performance into account, thing else.

Owning an iPhone has nothing to do with poverty. Anyone can own the latest iturd with a contract or lease. The reason not many use iPhones is because they are a sign of a mental illness (ie homosexuality).

My Z3c had the back break so I had to tape it. The build quality sucked dick. I think that phone is a special case when it comes to flimsiness. Just get a case and a tempered glass screen protector desu.

Oh I took this photo using my rn3p

Nexus phones lack a microsd slot so they're completely irrelevant.

Currently have a Moto 2nd gen. Looking to upgrade. Is Moto G4 worth bothering with or is there a better budget phone now?

>He needs more than 64GB
Stop saving so much CP to your phone

How am I supposed to know the name of this phone is it called the LG maxresdefault.jpg?

It's the v10

Hey guys, is it worth to trade a Honor 5X for a Samsung S5?

Nope, the moto G4 is kill. The magic has gone from motorolla.

There are two valid choices: The Wileyfox or the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 pro.

Nah I just like keeping 4K videos of your mom. Still my point stands, most people want a microsd slot on their phones so nexus phones are essentially irrelevant.

>mfw everyone butthurt about the rn3p are americans who can't get LTE using it

there's always usb OTG

One of those devices might get 7.0, S5 isn't that device even if it's possibly more powerful

But both of those phones are chinkshit. Sorry but I want a phone that won't spontaneously blow up in my face after a few weeks of use.

I torrent a bunch of stuff to my phone and then cast it on the chromecast when my gf and i are at home. It's also good for saving podcasts and music to as well.

>most people
Most people on Sup Forums maybe. Personally I don't see how anyone can use that much, or maybe everyone else hasn't fell for the music streaming service

>lelnovo

>there's always usb OTG
SNAP CITY
N
A
P

C
I
T
Y

The wileyfox is British.

>chinkshit

You've never not used a phone that wasn't made in China.

>I want a phone that won't spontaneously blow up in my face after a few weeks of use.

That isn't even a thing.

I know it's shit but those other brands are shit covered in moldy shit.

>The wileyfox is British.
That's like 10X worse. Jesus fucking christ.

>>I want a phone that won't spontaneously blow up in my face after a few weeks of use.
>That isn't even a thing.
t. gearbest shill

Redmi note 3 pro is the official Sup Forums phone of 2016

>mfw I am mad about being a burger on ATT because of all the great phones that are out there without band 17

>Redmi note 3 pro is the official Sup Forums phone of 2016
No that would be the warp elite you fucking shill.

Axon 7 or OP3?

?

Is it normal that my phone loses around 2% of battery overnight even though Internet is off?

>2%

Not him, but what if I'm in the US on T-Mobile and none of the chink phones get LTE?

What

That's literally nothing user, some people lose 30% because of shitty wakelocks and idling

What good ass phone do you have?

Why are you even concerned about 2%?

I have the S7 edge and I recently got it so I was worried. I haven't been using it much though.
Because it's a new phone and I thought that there were some issues with battery.

they work with tmobile

HSPA "4g" isn't LTE user

Does Qualcomm quick charge noticeably reduce the battery life of a device?

I just got a new phone and the 3500mah battery does take a while to charge. The phone I moved from was just under 2000 I think.

>Our new phones shoot HDR 4K video at 120 fps. It's the best ever camera on a phone!
>btw we think 32 GB will be plenty of storage for you lol

>Just get a case and a tempered glass screen protector desu.

I had those on my Z3C (well - the protector wasn't tempered glass). Gonna get them again on my next device. Just don't feel like trying again with the Z3C.

Probably gonna go with a RN3 - looks like a nice device all-around.

be sure to get the Nillkin tempered glass, RN3 doesn't have GG

Xiaomi mi5 but.... Only if you don't live in us. If Us then the OP3 or Axon 7.