Sup Forums

Sup Forums

I haven't opened my m-itx build in a while but I started getting graphical glitches today. Opened it up and found this. Is it possible that the case temp got too high and the weight of the card was enough to plastically deform the PCI slot? That doesn't look like it was due to impact because it would be cracked instead of warped.

I would have considered airflow average to good. I had slightly more cu.ft/min air in than out for positive pressure to reduce dusting but I think there may have been a warm spot just beneath the graphics card. For reference it was a side vent after market cooler on a r9 290.

RiP. Looks like it melted to me as well. After you buy a new motherboard maybe consider drilling a grill for the hot air under the GPU to escape.

>r9 290
>itx build

well at least you didn't burn your house down.

and sweet sag bro, screw in the card next time

I think I might talk to ASUS just to see if there was defective materials used.. if not maybe they'll want it for testing so they can improve their methods. But Yeah I think it melted too - which seems silly. Exhaust never was more than 80C which would be poor design choice if you make components that hold a thing that gets 80C melt at 80C... lol

It was. The sapphire vapor-x cards are pretty heavy and that probably contributed.

I think any future builds I'm just going to run a PCI riser and mount the card somewhere else..

>Asus Build Quality

Every Asus Mobo I've had has had some major from-the-factory/designed-that-way fuckup.

Sata Ports that fell apart
Audio Jacks that repeatedly desoldered from the board
RAM slots arriving DOA
Chipset Heatsinks that just fall off

Literally some of the worst boards I've bought. And I've bought REALLY janky chinese motherboards before. Good thing they're normally cheap.

I was honestly thinking this was the issue. I haven't had any issues in the past, but I'm pretty careful with my equipment. For it to warp under just normal use.. pretty shitty choice of materials.

>he fell for the miniitx meme

>some retards actually REALLY fell for the mini itx bullshit

>Is it possible that the case temp got too high and the weight of the card was enough to plastically deform the PCI slot
Has nothing to do with temps. Heavy cards destroy the slot.
That's why expensive boards have steel-reinforced slots.
That's also what GPU braces are for.

You cheaped out on the motherboard, you didn't get a brace, you got what you paid for, m8.

m-itx has an application, not everybody wants a 3 foot tall tower that sounds like a spaceshuttle taking off. Even if its just aesthetics.

I wasn't aware that a $250 mobo was "cheaping out"

>M-itx
>ASSus

This is what happens when you trust Sup Forums should have went with a gigabyte matx board.

I'm pretty sure it isn't a $250 mobo. Judging by the south bridge cover it's mid-range signature line.

Should've got Maximus Gene.

>tiny hot pc
>quiet
pick only one

>amd
>mITX

What are you doing?

>posting girly cartoons
kill yourself faggot

Actually haven't been on Sup Forums in months so idk why theres so much troll around m-itx. Its fine if you want something small.

z97i-plus, it was 250 when I bought it 2 years ago.

Little girls can do that.

that's what you got for not buying military class mothernoards

>Exhaust never was more than 80C
If it was anywhere close to that it means your shit got absolutely insanely hot. Exhaust is much, much cooler than the GPU/CPU core temp in any properly cooled build. My system with 1080 SLI and an OC'd 4790K with the cards under load at ~75C has exhaust temps in the 35-40C range.

80C exhaust is absolutely insane.

Well you got ripped off. Max price it's ever been on amazon is ~$150

80C die temp, I was saying that even if the plastic melted at 80C that would be poor design. Obviously the exhaust wouldn't be 80C.

maybe you're right, I have the big matx version of the same board and that might have been what was 250 then

>z97i-plus
>it was 250
You got ripped off, m8.