Why don't you shitpost in style?

why don't you shitpost in style?

Is there a particular reason why web browsers on game consoles are so fucking shit?
There's basically zero reason to have a shit browser in 2016 when webkit exists and it's open source.

Everyone always writes their own shitty browser from scratch and it shows.

mate like all console web browsers use webkit now
it's been used in tons of exploits

the DS browser was based on an ancient ass version of Opera
and at the time it was actually really good, beat out all mobile phones at least
only problem is the requirements to get something like OP's first gen DS to work with it are retarded, you need windows XP, not vista, not 7, not xp 64 bit, but windows XP
then theres the USB to wifi dongle thingy, and the special software you have to install, and the software for the DS, and the fact that the browser itself is two paks, one for the browser and one in the GBA slot for 4mb of ram

tl;dr, this was top shit in 2007, crap by todays standards

Gimme that DS.

Sorry user, ive had it for 10 years now and it's still going
Not going anywhere anytime soon

As soon as the DS lite came out, I sold my electric blue DS.
It was such a piece of shit in comparison, zero backlight, it was basically impossible to use unless you played with the lights off

I miss my DS Lite. People want crazy money for them on eBay.

But I do

:^)

Phat DS had a far better dpad and buttons.

Does is make a sound and display an animation during the bios post

Good luck. I tried using that with Sup Forums earlier this year and it took more than a minute to load a page, without JS.

What are you talking about? The DS browser could use any 2.4 GHz wifi access point (at legacy 1-2 Mb/s speeds).

>at legacy 1-2 Mb/s speeds
Actually it supports 802.11b aka 11Mbit/s

>802.11b aka 11Mbit/s
You're not getting anywhere near that with B.
Even with 750AC, you're lucky to get even 100Mb/s

Shit, looks like it does. I wondering why it takes over a minute to load a page without pictures then.

>Even with 750AC, you're lucky to get even 100Mb/s
I can get to that with 300N @162Mbit

>Even with 750AC, you're lucky to get even 100Mb/s
I get 300Mbps on my 450N macbook pro, and I get slightly less than 300Mbps on my 1x1AC intel card in my chinkpad

The lite had onboard wifi
The first gen DS needed an adapter to go from the weird Nintendo air connection used for pictochat and shit to wifi

>The first gen DS needed an adapter
No, it doesn't. I still have my Nintendo DS that has the original V1 firmware (that you'd check by ejecting a game cartridge when in pictochat), all of them worked with regular wifi hotspots. If I remember correctly, the only advantage of the Nintendo USB wifi adapter was that it was cheaper than buying a new wifi enabled router if you didn't already own one.

>implying you need more than a 10meg pipe

yes, we know Australia has shit internet connections.
no, we won't kneecap ourselves to be on par with you because you feel left out

What's all this about then

I have 100Mbit down 40Mbit up

Another user, I have no idea dude. My DS could and still can natively connect to my router. Regional differences?

When I say first gen I mean it was the first, I bought it from a friend in 2nd grade who had gotten it from Japan on its launch day.
The newer first gens in the US may have onboard wifi, I don't know for sure, but mine doesn't

That's an adapter in case you don't have a router at home.
Beside that, normal infrastructure and AOSS is supported. Japan also gets another special setup mode.

I'm getting there...

How far is the darn server, friend?
I fucking crave for it!

he is right , you are just stupid m8

>gaming on an XT

Is that e-ink?

i was thinking of getting a ds from ebay, but i fear the ds lite hinge defect, people say they just snap for no reason, should i just go for ds phat instead?

yeah, it's an ebook reader.

Why? I don't have any games installed, now a borland C compiler...

Fuck I've always wanted one of these, I never seem to find them on ebay though

The phat is built like a tank

I still remember playing Pokemon pearl with my friends in the 4th grade. None of my friends took good care of their electronics though I'd be surprised if any of them still have their ds in working condition

Makes the VAIO sound. Unexpected pleasure. Much better than the standard beep shit.

>borland c

WHAT YEAR IS IT

With this Nintendo DS i protect my virginity!!

Nintendo hates standards and always want to make their own dated junk. 3ds browser is useless.

>and at the time it was actually really good, beat out all mobile phones at least
No, it wasnt. Even dumbphones had better browsing, and symbian beat the DS by a very long shot.

Yes, but no WPA encrypted networks = compromising entire network.

The real issue with the original DS was that it could only connect to WEP protected networks when everyone had WPA2/AES

>tfw my PSP broke because I got tackled while playing basketball.

>not having a network you enable on demand with hidden SSID for your DS

>pokemon pearl
>4th grade

how old are you?

Nice reference user

If they were 9yo in 2006, that makes them 19 in 2016.

Don't you feel old yet?
Friendly reminder that people born in 2000 are old enough to drive now, and Lucky Star aired over 10 YEARS AGO

Stop

>paying for a browser

You pay for the physical card and the RAM upgrade it comes with.

I know I fell for the meme to at the time.

How is it a meme? Being able to browse the web on my DS is great.

Only butthurt fags use "meme" to describe something, ignore them.

Well it sounded great at the time but it fell flat since websites where starting to get bloated with useless implementations of Flash so only light sites like Sup Forums where actually usable.

Nobody uses flash anymore.
It's more JS that's limiting.

Back then they did. They're both limiting the use case of the ds browser.
But hey. If you can shitpost in style with it good for you. I once attempted to use my ds as a voip phone. It worked I guess but no one could understand what I said with that shitty mic.
Always fun to try stupid stuff but I'm not going to defend it as not stupid.

I don't have a DS.