Netsec General thread

/netsec/ is dedicated to everything about computer security, networks, exploits, reverse engineering, social engineering, hacking, tricks, etc.

Daily Programming Thread: (Cross-thread)
Web Dev General: (Cross-thread)

How To Become a Hacker: catb.org/~esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html

Learning
cybrary.it/
n0where.net/
offensive-security.com/metasploit-unleashed
resources.infosecinstitute.com/
windowsecurity.com/articles-tutorials/
sans.org/reading-room/
corelan.be/index.php/articles/
opensecuritytraining.info/Training.html
blackhat.com/html/archives.html
securitytube.net/

News/CVE releases
threatpost.com/
deepdotweb.com/
packetstormsecurity.com/
cvedetails.com/
routerpwn.com/
exploit-db.com/
rapid7.com/db/
0day.today/

Wargames
overthewire.org/wargames/
pentesterlab.com/
itsecgames.com/
exploit-exercises.com/
enigmagroup.org/
smashthestack.org/
3564020356.org/
hackthissite.org/
hackertest.net/
0x0539.net/
vulnhub.com
ringzer0team.com/
root-me.org/
microcorruption.com/
starfighter.io/

Other urls found in this thread:

0x0539.net/
0x0539.net/stage2.txt
kali.org/news/kali-linux-20162-release/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

share cool cmd tricks

@echo off

echo 'hack the planet'
dir /s

really cool script save it and show your friends.....

anyone willing to try 0x0539.net/ ?

the second challenge is here 0x0539.net/stage2.txt

check
totally-not-a-virus.ru

Guys im in collge now please give some awesome chrome os crosh commands. btw developer mode is disabled by enrollment enterprise or whatever its called!

How far will doing the wargames actually get me? the bandit one specifically is actually really fun to try and figure out.

just like anything it depends on how far u go and how u use your experience in them, although most wargames are just for fun or as a test for new hires

I've done bandit on overthewire and gotten descently far for one night as a noob, Any links that can help me take the stuff im learning further?

Australia reporting in

I guess this might not pick up

The first time I saw one of these threads, it had a bunch of "hackers" shitting on it because they like to keep their skills hush hush and in certain circles. Also, they don't like it "spoon fed" to others, they think you have to work at it and find all the information out yourself.

Anyone here have certs?

OSCP made me want to an hero, failed three times before I gave up.

Didn't realize there were certs for this.
How much do they cost?

/nutsack/

>Netsec General thread
>not /netsec/ General thread

sure is summer in here

I dropped about $1500 on my failed attempts. There's others like SANS stuff that's more expensive. I got my CISSP for much cheaper, I think like $600?

YES, FINALLY SOMEONE POSTS THE FUCKING RESOURCES I'VE BEEN ASKING FOR IN RANDOM THREADS FOR CENTURIES!!!!!!!!!!

I WILL FINALLY SAVE THEM IN ONENOTE!!!

>/pcbg/
>pc building general
>not printed circuit board general

Triggers me every time

Only one more month until I leave for a netsec job in Saudi.

Any advice on making a change from a US Netsec job to a Middle East one?

Any links regarding how to install a different window manager so that Kali doesn't look so shit ?

>shitting on it because they like to keep their skills hush hush and in certain circles. Also, they don't like it "spoon fed" to others, they think you have to work at it and find all the information out yourself.

Where's the issue with that? Weren't they right?

Download the release they just made

kali.org/news/kali-linux-20162-release/

You can now get Mate, XFCE and LXDE flavours

cheers, thanks for this!

Yeah, don't go. You'll get beheaded there

That adderall scene was definitely the best part of the show so far. As someone who takes it every day, the way it changed him was all too real

>2016 not using freecst.com

Isis

thanks for posting these user you really gave me valuable materials to keep rest of my days busy with

Nah, those certifications are not that important user it's just a paper for your employer

>premade tools
That stuff will all die in couple of years, learn how computers work so you can do things without relying on some "exploit" tool to do the work for ya

you take enough to tweak on a daily basis?
I have a vyvanse prescription and usually trade for addy if I wanna tweak. After 50mg through the nose I end up like that scene, but not after a medical dose.

What? It's the same when you saying "no user you don't need any kind of school graduation, because only your skill recommend all about you", tahts bullshit. Any certs lets know others you can handle with a theme or you're trusted with that workaround. It's never be bad to do some certs when you have the chance and the money for that.

yeah, thats right.
when you just want it right and you don't have to trust any programms that you haven't ever wrote for self, then you have to learn programming language. I did the same way after learn the basics on kali, I started to learn python, to write scripts for network security and other shit.