/spg/ - Smartphone General - IFA 2016 Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES

News:
Sony unveils Xperia XZ flagship and Xperia X Compact
gsmarena.com/sony_unveils_xperia_xz_flagship_and_xperia_x_compact-news-20274.php

ZTE Axon 7 mini official with spectacular audio, okay chipset
gsmarena.com/zte_axon_7_mini_official_with_spectacular_audio_okay_chipset-news-20268.php

Huawei unveils Nova, Nova Plus and MediaPad M3
gsmarena.com/huawei_unveils_nova_nova_plus_and_mediapad_m3-news-20270.php

HTC One A9s goes official, and no, it's not an upgrade
gsmarena.com/htc_one_a9s_goes_official_and_no_its_not_an_upgrade-news-20272.php

Xperia XZ and X Compact hands-on
gsmarena.com/sony_at_ifa_2016-review-1486p2.php

Sony Xperia XZ - Hands on Video (Carphone Warehouse)
youtube.com/watch?v=LhUBHyRfkLc

Sony Xperia X Compact hands-on (PhoneArena)
youtube.com/watch?v=C-jYNxmHCTs

Sony Xperia XZ hands on review and First Impression! (TechRadar )
youtube.com/watch?v=7qVgfJyLs0w

Sony Xperia X Compact hands on review
youtu.be/FyDviHEW2Dc (TechRadar)

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/xiaomi-redmi-note-3-Case-Cover-xiaomi-redmi-note3-case-NILLKIN-Super-Frosted-Shield-back-cover/32563615636.html
hardforum.com/threads/ncase-m1-a-crowdfunded-mini-itx-case-updates-in-first-post.1717132/page-493#post-1042319872
aliexpress.com/store/product/Letv-Le-MAX-2-Max2-4G-LTE-Mobile-Phone-Snapdragon-820-Quad-Core-4-6GB-RAM/311331_32662032252.html
geekbuying.com/item/LeTV-LeEco-Le-Max-2-X820-5-7inch-2K-Screen-Android-6-0-OS-6GB-64GB-Smartphone-64-Bit-Qualcomm-Snapdragon-820-Quad-Core-21MP-Touch-ID-Type-C-Fast-Charge---Rose-Gold-368096.html
gsmarena.com/samsung_on_the_brink_of_galaxy_note7_recalls_blames_faulty_battery_packs-news-20281.php
ebay.com/itm/4300mAh-Li-ion-battery-for-Samsung-Galaxy-S3-i9300-i747-T999-L710-/350658259877?hash=item51a4dc6ba5:g:uHgAAOSw7aBVFmpC
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ryan.brooks.sevenweeks.app
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for iphone 7.

Good Redmi Note 3 Pro cases WHERE?
Also 2nd for chinkshit

Mi5s info when

Is sony finally saved? Or will they fuck up again and should I just jump to the HTC 10 from my Z3?

Zenpad s 8.0 vs Huawei mediapad m3 GO!

>protecting budget phone

For what purpose desu?

XZ doesn't look very special at all. Only thing that can save it is a competetive price, but knowing Sony it'll be the exact opposite of affordable.

Nexus 6P, Axon 7, or OP3?

Nillkin
aliexpress.com/item/xiaomi-redmi-note-3-Case-Cover-xiaomi-redmi-note3-case-NILLKIN-Super-Frosted-Shield-back-cover/32563615636.html

Same shit different quarter.
Sexy phones standard features exorbitant price.

I'd rather pay 170 euros once than 165 euros twice

is the compact supposed to be good? really want to buy.

Coming from an xperia z3, how is this anything but a new generation of snapdragon coupled with smaller battery that charges faster? They didn't convince me.

6p for stability and support, axon 7 for big dick and raw power, op3 if you like dragon dildos in and around your already loosened ringpiece I told you last thread.

Damn they are? I thought the edge was a meme? It was the phone I wanted. I don't want to buy another phone for at least a year or two. I'm coming off an iPhone 5S and never want an apple product again. If the note 7 is unnecessary - I just want a phone with good battery, strong enough performance, great camera, microsd slot, slightly waterproof is a plus, if note 7 is over kill then I won't get it.

Half the coffee table is large af. If it's too big for one hand then it's a deal breaker. So is s7 edge what I'm looking for? (Two weeks ago before I heard of note 7 I thought it was). I've just heard too many rave reviews about the note 7.

it has a 650 when the z5 has a 850 so what the fuck happened there. And the Compact series were the phones where Sony actually did something different

now it's a mid range phone rather than being a high range compact phone.

I really love Sony's phone designs, I don't want to abandon them. That and waterproofing.

Maybe I'll just get the HTC10 and hope for a future where Sony gets their head out of their asses.

It's also supposed to be more expensive than the X performance, which no one wanted because it was over priced

>XZ
>3 GB RAM
>2900 mAh
>Snapdragon 820 when the 821 is out.
>€700.

>X "Compact"
>9.5mm
> 4.6" 720p display
>Snapdragon 650
>€500

They are out of their fucking mind. no one should buy these phones, ever. I hope they go bankrupt for being such incompetent retards.

>axon 7 mini
Interesting
>Hauwei Nova
Interesting, will probably not have band 17, also emui is shit
>A9s
Disappointing, and is that Micro USB I see?
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D
>Xperia X compact
Looks pretty good aside from the loss of waterproofing and it'll probably cost $500.

So I guess I'm waiting for the new not-nexus phones to drop and getting a 5X.

This. tbqh family

Hard case, soft case, mix, or no case?

Extra credit: screen protector y/n?

Why couldn't the X compact be good? I want a nice small phone without sacrificing specs.

from reddit
>The 820 is over kill, and not very efficient. You'll get great performance and better battery life with the 650. Furthermore, the new Geekbench 4 benchmarks suggests that the A72 cores in the 650 are faster than the Kyro cores in the 820.

Post a better phone than this.

Pro-tip: you can't. It can see through walls.

it can crush through walls

So why is this not the phone everyone talks about? Seems unbeatable at it's price point and doesn't have any drawbacks besides mediocre low-light performance.

It's just flir
They make phone mountable flir cameras
posting Sup Forums related flir

No pajeet support to replace the mediocre software

in what way is the software mediocre? Seems like it's mostly stock Android with a few graphical tweaks

What the fuck is wrong with Sony? I just got a great deal on a Z5 Premium and it makes me wish they were more reasonable in general. I'm really liking this phone but I can't recommend anyone get a Sony phone generally because they are always overpriced.

Depends.
I use silicone back cover for daily use and hard full cover case when travelling with phone in bag.

Man....
There's mild autism....
There's Asperger's...
There's Gentoo users....

There's Panasonic Toughbook users....

What you use.

I'm fucking impressed, mang.

Isn't the OP3 the fastest android phone right now? It also has more RAM than the Axon 7. I'm not sure why you keep saying the Axon 7 is for raw power.

What's wrong with OP3?

Are you picking at my case, or the fact I took flir of it?
Would you seriously not FLIR everything you owned if you had access to a flir gun?

It's a stock theme over a ZTE Rom. Not the heaviest, but not the lightest either. Some glitches, and the camera software isn't up to snuff. Only US version has boot loader unlock, so no pajeet support.

It may get better over time but ATM it's not well supported.

>implying he actually took those pics
hardforum.com/threads/ncase-m1-a-crowdfunded-mini-itx-case-updates-in-first-post.1717132/page-493#post-1042319872

Fuck off cancerous tripfag.

Is there any alternative to the Moto G4? Any caveats I should be aware of?
Not considering a chink phone bc burger bands

okay, fair enough
still getting it when it comes to EU, the specs for 450€ are insane

There are certainly worse phones for the price, and if the European version gets unlocked, you can root it at least.

>implying I didn't
fuck off faggot

>there are certainly worse phones for the price
so there are better ones as well? what phone would that be?

Miui 8 for Redmeme 3s when?
Is upgrading even worth it RN3P big brothers?

get the op3.

sounds like you just want someone to tell you to get the op3.

Well that's pretty insane for 215€ ;
aliexpress.com/store/product/Letv-Le-MAX-2-Max2-4G-LTE-Mobile-Phone-Snapdragon-820-Quad-Core-4-6GB-RAM/311331_32662032252.html

The 6/64 version is also 330€
geekbuying.com/item/LeTV-LeEco-Le-Max-2-X820-5-7inch-2K-Screen-Android-6-0-OS-6GB-64GB-Smartphone-64-Bit-Qualcomm-Snapdragon-820-Quad-Core-21MP-Touch-ID-Type-C-Fast-Charge---Rose-Gold-368096.html

Lack of 3.5mm and that fag ass pink color is annoying though.

>BLU Phone
>5 star reviews on Amazon
>$200 CAD

Using it for 12 hours or so, and it's reminiscent of the Nexus 5- with a few bloat apps and gesture/OS features but not terrible.

What's the catch? Will this phone go to shit after the 30 days I have to return? I don't mind going to the slow micro USB.

>Note 7
KEK
gsmarena.com/samsung_on_the_brink_of_galaxy_note7_recalls_blames_faulty_battery_packs-news-20281.php

I don't own any of those but judging from everyone else the op3 doesn't sound like the flagship killer its meant to be. Also the screen issue.
Also Fuck that looks clean. But yeah no 3.5mm.... DROPPED

yeah I was looking at these too but like you said
>no 3.5mm
>fucking pink
no thanks

>People still complaining that the Oneplus 3 is not a 'real flagship' while the Note 7 is a literal bomb

gottem

Not complaining. I don't want either phones. Good call about note though, can't believe I was hyped on it for half a day

is the honor 5x a decent sub 200 phone

what's the best unlocked phone that's compatible with US carriers for under $200?

also I really dig the front facing speakers on the Z7 and the better DAC

apparently there's several issues with the software and the camera is absolute dogshit

nexs 5x

all my YouTube videos have delayed audio when connected to my bluetooth speakers.

With my 5x, there is no delay. With my Blu phone, there is.
Is their bluetooth connectivity shit?

Will the 4g work in the US. I'm on t-mobile for reference.

>literally not a single compatible band
No.

can I have tax refunds in Amazon ;_;

return it and buy a fucking vacuum

Thanks user

can you remind me why we don't like moto 4g

iPhone or new nexus HTC

soon

>all my YouTube videos have delayed audio when connected to my bluetooth speakers.
I have this problem on my S5.

the honor 5x dropped down to $160 on amazon, should I jump on it? I want a decent phone for less than $200 and im a burger so I can't get the redmi.

Do we share shit phones or what?

I've never had this problem with my Nexus 5, Nexus 5x.

Different Bluetooth stack, maybe?

is anyone sporting a blackberry priv here. I think I a ready to buy one but I stil have some questions.
hows the battery life, is it bottom heavy, is it one handable? by the way I am a very normie user. I only use couple social apps and rarely browse internet. Physical keyboard got me in this phone

Canadians of /spg/, does the OnePlus 3 work with Bell's network?

Z3 was their last good phone.
Its kinda sad because Sony don't go full retard in the design department like Samdung and HTC.

Actually I will buy the X Compact because there is no competition.

nevermind anyone I found out its too thick and I am going to make a thread about it :^)

I have a new galaxy s3 duos, which was a reboot of the s3 in 2014 that was factory unlocked for international usage, and has two sim slots that you can switch which is the primary from within the OS

I have had it sitting in the box and I just now am deciding to use it, but I do not like that this phone lasts so short on battery life. My old one from 2011 that i've been using from now lasts 4 days without a charge, if I have mobile data disabled.

Would using one of these be a bad idea?
ebay.com/itm/4300mAh-Li-ion-battery-for-Samsung-Galaxy-S3-i9300-i747-T999-L710-/350658259877?hash=item51a4dc6ba5:g:uHgAAOSw7aBVFmpC

Do after market batteries with larger capacities fuck your phone?
Also, would this particular battery that I linked to have the Near Field Communication chip in it, or not?

please spread the love and help a guy out, there is nowhere else to ask this

Why is everyone falling for the big phone meme?
OnePlus 3 looks fucking great but 5.5 inches is just slightly too big, as with the other chink SD820s. 5-5.2 inches is just perfect.

Me waiting for nexus marlin

Sony gone full retard

>Sony phones look beautiful
>isn't filled with shitty bloatware
>perfect fit to hands
>water resistant
>always fucking overpriced so their value per dollar becomes trash

When will they stop fucking up?
Can someone just stop Samsung shitting over everything already?

I have a 5 incher and it just feels too small nowadays

If it helps, it works with Fido flawlessly (Toronto)

beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Iphone 6s or the oneplus 3?

>I aim for the better phone
>software does not matter so much as I find IcuckOS to be perfectly fine
>What phone will last me longer without turning into a pile of garbage

Iphone 6s. Don't buy into OnePlus' meme this year. Better luck for them next year maybe.

My sister has the 6s, my buddy owns the OP3.
In contrary to what everyone says the screen on the OP3 is like perfectly okay for 1080p. There is literally nothing wrong with it and same goes for the camera.
That's just my two cents. Is there anything else wrong with it?

I can't decide though because I use a Samsung s5 and it turned into a laggdroid that's slow as hell and feels like cheap plastic

The 6s just feels solid and I know what I'm in for.
As I don't want to buy another phone next year I'm asking which one will last me longer

in the market for a phone at around the $250 price point, no chinkshit and has to be brand new

Have looked around and found only the Moto X Pure and Nexus 5x. Are there any others?

Well, if you don't care about the screen yoou might as well get the OP3. Same performance for half the price.

>old, deprecated pos phone
Just buy that $50 Blu phone on Amazon and stop wasting time and money on trying to revive that dinosaur.

Hardware designed in Japan and software coded in Sweden
I'd overpay for anything that's free of streetshitters

>0.01 yen have been deposited in your SonyShill™ account

Is there any reason NOT to get the nexus 6p? Upgrading from oneplus one. Def won't shell out that much cash for the axon 7, nexus 2016, and moto z force.

I Dont see anything else worth checking out. And I've been wanting that vanilla experience since my nexus 4

site to download pro apks for free
I'm not even that much of a pirate I just want this one app and I just can't find it anywhere
7 weeks+, Idk if it's because the app isn't that popular so no one bothered with putting up an apk out or whatever

>Shit battery
>Snapdragon Housefire 810

what app?

I had a choice between a BLU and a Prestigio phone. I bought Prestigio Muze c3. It had just came out and it was like 100 $ new. Still works after a year or whatever.

this one:
>play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ryan.brooks.sevenweeks.app

but pro

new compact a shit, that form is horrible

has mostly positive reviews on amazon. If you consider chinkphones then the redmi note 3 pro would be something for you too.

Anybody else noticing significantly improved battery life with Android N on the 6P?

Honor is a chinkphone too.. but it works in America.

I bought a used Galaxy Note 4 from amazon. Everything works perfectly except the s pen doesn't work on the right side of the screen, any idea on how to fix this?