So now that youtube to fucked with the new Terms of service what other alternatives to youtube should I start to look...

So now that youtube to fucked with the new Terms of service what other alternatives to youtube should I start to look at?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UUkj4h_Tq-0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Tell me more

basically youtubes become US tv, you cant monetize any of your videos if they have anything somewhat adult in them such as language or scenes or war and shit.

basically stop trying to make it as a fucking """""""""content creator"""""""" and get a real fucking job

Tell me more

vimeo

>basically stop trying to make it as a fucking """""""""content creator"""""""" and get a real fucking job
THANK YOU. Holy fuck, this goddamn cancer destroying YouTube.

>basically stop trying to make it as a fucking """""""""content creator"""""""" and get a real fucking job

/thread

"Youtubers" are the literal cancer of the internet.

Well you can monetize them, but you have to be a company like CNN with sheckles to throw to Google for a pass.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, YouTube should've never interacted with money, because it's only bred lazy cancer.

Besides, it's like what Louis Rossman says "You should make your own success; it should never be dependent on a stranger's website"

monetization killed youtube

Your local video folder
Remember to watch your videos once in a while just to be sure that someone does it

>Millionaire drama "content creators" scared they can't scam companies out of ad money for monetizing videos targeted towards 12 year olds who never buy anything anyway
>THINK OF THE CONTENT CREATORS, WE DO THIS FOR A LIVING now give me money

I spend more time on than I do youtube. Then again, I don't subscribe to or watch youtubers.

New ToS is good. Can't wait to see actual content instead of cancerous drama

RIP Keem

People that actually follow and keep up wth Youtube drama are actually subhuman. I would respect a person that watches every single airing of TMZ more than those type of people.

The only real problem that I see is that now YouTubers are going to be making a lot more watered eown kid-friendly content because of "vulgar language". Also, the ToS states that anything "controversial" can be considered "not advertiser friendly". A broad term like "controversial" means they can basically take down 95% of videos where someome expresses an opinion.

>Can't wait to see actual content
are you retarded
popular channels aren't going to change their formulas; the good content is already around elsewhere and you're choosing to surround yourself in shit

My main complaint with YT is how fucking obnoxious the whole thing is to manage. The fact that stuff like usernames and URLs are impossible to manage and consist of "haha you're stuck for life!" Just goes to show how poorly made the whole thing is.

wtf I love youtube now

I hate the YT monetization. Not because I'm some sort of anti-capitalist hippie but simply because channels turn more into TV channels this way. Pushing out content even if it's crappy or if they don't want to because their livelihood depends on it.

I also hate those changes though. Pretty much anything of worth has some swearing at least.

So is it going back to 2007 YouTube when it was actually good?

Wow this is great

This is just another step to the ultimate goal of censorship. Next, (((they'll))) be banning "hate speech"

I used to 'surf' YouTube, but most content is absolute cancer. I only come there ever now and then to watch Yuka Kinoshita.

How is this censorship? I'm 100℅ for not giving these lazy hacks called content creators any more money.

Oh I agree user, it doesn't change the direction it is going in though. It's already fast becoming cable TV 2.0.

This is the time for Vimeo or Dailymotion to become a genuine competitor to YouTube then

in 2007 Finnish youtuber shot up a school, he made political videos talking how different way to govern would be better.

He was not silenced by youtube, thus it is nothing like 2007 youtube.

So, cancerous politic click-bait youtubers can't make video now???

Nothing value was lost then.

Did she get really far?

News and opinions are falling in the same category.

Nothing will replace YouTube - because YouTube doesn't actually make a profit. It literally gives most of it's money back to creators and the rest on server costs. It's a utility, but a useful one for Google to own so they can advertise their own services and products.

Like what, the ellen show higlights, or new vevo videos?

Which one is less jew about copyright?

Since when are uploaders called 'content creators'?

both give 0 fucks as long as you bring in views at this point.

They will turn into Youtube as soon as they grow.

Go watch the stuff you watched back then and tell me you dont cringe, i dare you

>
>basically youtubes become US tv, you cant monetize any of your videos if they have anything somewhat adult in them such as language or scenes or war and shit.
Did you know that youtube is only trying to make the advertizers happy by making this change? If advertizers don't want to be associated with these sorts of videos, youtube has to comply or they leave.
Youtube is still giving the content creators a space where they can inform their viewers about political issues etc.
Only thing the content creators have to do now is find their own sponsors for these sorts of videos.

>or they leave

leave fucking where? Youtube has effective monopoly over this shit, leaving means no more people seeing your shitty ass advertisement.

The content creators should start pushing ad blockers to their viewers out of spite. Just because the monetization is gone doesn't mean the ads are. Let the fucking go both ways.

I don't think you understand what a monopoly is.

I didn't say monopoly I said "effective monopoly"

I read that stoping monetization just stops showing ads

I watch a Linux-related tech channel fronted by a British guy. He had a video about a year ago talking about installing ublock and how his heart bleeds for ad-companies and the crap that goes with ads. Fast forward 6 months and in one of his videos he explains how ad blocking is killing "content creators" on youtube, simply because his revenue has fallen. He works as a security admin during the day so youtube isn't his main job. People in the comments were pulling him up for complaining that he puts out content and expects to be compensated. It's as if the only reason he started was to make money, not share his hobby.

I don't think you understand what a monopoly is.

> (You)
>>or they leave
>leave fucking where? Youtube has effective monopoly over this shit, leaving means no more people seeing your shitty ass advertisement.
They can direct their ads to different outlets. There will always be alternative sites where they can advertise on, even if it isn't a video hosting site.

Do you know that a huge amount of jobs started by people doing shit they thought interesting or productive or whatever for free and realizing they could get a profit from it?

They are doing it at this point, they are buying space to put ads in more than one place.

Youtube generates more ad views than any other place on the internet probably combined.

>waaaah, I want ad money from somebody!
>I know, I'll tell my viewers to block ads! That'll work!

>I watch a Linux-related tech channel fronted by a British guy
>He works as a security admin during the day

I wonder if he mentioned about malvertising

> It's as if the only reason he started was to make money, not share his hobby.
oh you think?

If he's SO concerned with revenue, why not go to patreon or something?

>Youtube generates more ad views than any other place on the internet probably combined.
Pretty sure facebook is

That sounds like a good idea though.

Youtubes ad revenue in 2013 was higher than Facebooks ad revenue in 2015.

>"content creator"
finally all those fucking shitheads that can't do anything in the real world. Might as well be priests and fuck kids in the back of the church, useless pieces of shit.

>I wonder if he mentioned about malvertising

It was about the addons he used in his browser setup - Firefox in this instance. He mentions the reasons for each one, making a point that he completely ignores ads anyway and that blocking them is a bonus because of malware.

>oh you think?
It's a new concept, you'll get it.

>If he's SO concerned with revenue, why not go to patreon or something?

He is. He set it up then dropped a few hints about keeping the channel going and how most of his visitors are likely Linux people anyway who are probably more tech savvy and use adblockers hence the lack of money back from ads.

Take it easy buddy, they're just impressionable kids.

I've preferred VIMEO to Youtube for the longest time. Better UI, more interesting videos..

Openload.co

This is the time, we have a lot of professional here who wants to find an alternative, why don't make it?
Just make an alternative to youtube friendo I know you can /g.

if he is on patreon already, then the only thing he needs to do is make interesting content, so he can stop bitc.. worrying about ad revenue. Lots of channels made that transition successfully.

Nobody will care because there's no shekels in it for them. Alternatives already exist. Why youtubz blew up is because you could get advertisement money.

Why does the general consensus seem to be that this will "fix" youtube, or that the things the new TOS is changing are what makes youtube cancer?

When you take away swearing, sexual humor, any kind of "sensitive" subjects, etc., what you're left with is minecraft let's plays targeted at 10 year olds and made by 14 year olds.

Although I understand a little bit why people hate them, can somebody further explain just why it is you hate them and why it isn't a 'real job'? What constitutes a real job to you?

>disk space is free

>"""""""""content creator""""""""

this always makes me laugh.

there's a reason youtube went to shit once everything turned into dollar signs and got slammed with ads. youtube is filled with a bunch of hacks trying to be the 'next big thing' and make money. it's all so unbelievably pathetic.

get rid of ads and get rid of MUH CONTENT CREATORS and youtube will be good again. people used to make and put up videos because they cared, now it's just money money money gib me money look at my views subscribe money money gib gib gib

fuck every single one of them

Who is it that you watch that makes you feel this way?

That's a stupid quote, if YouTube gives u the potential to reach a large audience why the fuck should u be discouraged from using it because it's a stranger's website? U have to literally create your own website and hope enough random people go to some obscure af site and watch your shit, that's the only proper way to achieve success?

If you think there's no one making quality shit on YouTube you're a fucking idiot, just cause u can only ever watch sjw pwnt videos by 16 year Olds and let's plays reaction videos doesn't mean that's all of YouTube, stop painting with a broad brush you whiny faggot

Working 9-5 like a true cuck. They mad they couldn't get their money up without working a million days on shit wage

Well I guess you would have to have had your own business before you would understand. Key word from that 'stupid quote' is "dependent", which is something you likely are.

"dependant" is the key word in that quote. Nobody's saying not to use it, but that you shouldn't let that be your only source or success. 90% of the people bitching about the new ToS have no website of their own, no real job for themselves, and are completely dependant on youtube for a living in posh areas.

Smart people use youtube as a source of free advertisment, yes, but they also have their own site to fall back on when shit hits the fan, which their fans can go.

There is already more good content then you could ever watch in a lifetime, you dumbass.

I think it's a way to limit the surge of ASMR videos.

Because they're idiots.

I don't like shitters like pewdiepie or markiplier and I don't ever want to watch shit like that, but I have absolutely no problem with them raking in money from making videos about whatever their dumbass audiences like.

Youtube is a shit way to make money anyways. It's unstable as fuck. If you rely on youtube to pay the bills you need to sort your life out. Also, why should we the viewers give a fuck? It doesn't affect me anyway.

i don't get all the hatred that gets thrown at content creators.

CGP Grey's entire channel destroys your argument.

>asmr
Dude, this shit is awesome.

When they started creating content. What else would you call people like Crash Course?

yep
i love it

Yes, and new content creators emerge everyday.
So the new ToS are made to limit this.

You say they are idiots but they are making massive amounts of money doing this

No, you dingus. The people who hate youtubers and talk about 'real jobs' are idiots.

passive income is based though, even if it only supplementary

>youtube is filled with a bunch of hacks trying to be the 'next big thing' and make money. it's all so unbelievably pathetic.
free market, you have a lot of failures for every good guy, if you don't try you will never succeed

Oops, sorry for being a dingus user

H3H3 just made a video on it

youtube.com/watch?v=UUkj4h_Tq-0

apparently, the ToS haven't changed. Youtube wouldn't monetize controversial videos before, but they wouldn't tell you that either. Now they do.

I wonder how this works as bgm while programming. I'm giving it a shot tomorrow.

so it's a big fuss over Google becoming more open and transparent? people really are stupid

>don't explain things
>people don't know why you did something

wooowwwwwwwwwwwwwww, how could they not know?

Thimg is that they're enforcing it more than ever before.

I thought all age restricted videos couldn't be monetised anyway?

Wew, you just don't tag your shit with bitch gay retard nigger faggot hitler. That was hard. Crisis averted OP. Youtube will be the same bullshit cesspool

i propose gentoobe. Someone wants to make a logo ?

A job involves doing actual work with your hands. Typing shit on a keyboard doesn't count.

You're a bunch of hypocrites, those of you who shits on that because 'content creator'. It's something, yes they find a way to make money while being bozos in front of camera : it's been around since the 70s btw, before the TV it was in the streets and carnaval.

But that's really not the point. It's about censorship. And i know you like your freedom gentoomen.

Maybe you don't like someone them but if something happen and they don't want to make the video to not have a strike, the something won't be heard.

I mean don't you see ? You can't say "shit, fuck, fuckery,etc" like those words don't exists. That is crazy, just imagine if it was happening to Sup Forums ? The SFW board can't contain inappropriate, vulgar content, sexual humour, you can't talk about a natural disaster even if you don't show a picture of it. That shit won't happen here yes, but it's happening to youtube and this is absolute madness.
It's taking the path to the TV where everything is regulated and what you watch is controlled. That's why most of us don't watch tv anymore. Maybe you don't like youtube but it's one of the most visited website in the world, and it was a place with some freedom and not a lot of control over the content. This is changing and those TOS are a step towards something very bad.

Fuck youtube.

Not realy.

Probably, but it's extended to farther than that.

Watch Philip's video.

Programming is not a real job, then?

found the guy with a monetized youtube channel complaining that he can't make shekels anymore