Living off your phone internet

I recently became enlightened and ditched comcast. Now I only live off my phone internet. I can use as much as I fucking want and only pay $60/month. Yes it's unlimited high speed data not the 1GB then 2G speeds dumb shit

So far I'm doing pretty good. LTE is usually 20+ mbps and ping low enough for playing vydia online.

Anyway what does Sup Forums think?

Are you already doing it?

>Are you already doing it?
Why would I? I get 70mbps for $10.

I did this for about a year a while ago. I'll elaborate more in an hour or 2

What country?

Fuck. I use to have to do this to play online on PS3, fucking pain in the ass man. It was so slow and shit, I think I cannot live without a home connection, even with 4G LTE.

YMMV I guess. I usually get 20+ mbps down most of the time, even during the day.

T-Mobile wants me to pay more for more GBs.

>not using metropcs

>not living in a country that doesn't have a monopoly on internet services.

I've done this before it was OK but sometimes I lagged in games

As long as you don't want to play games/do anything else that is affected by higher response times there really isn't any reason why you can't use mobile connection as your only internet access.

LTE has a latency of ~40ms. That's good enough for most things including online FPS vydia desu.

So, after I moved out like 4 years ago, where I moved there was a concast monopoly and in order to get 5mbps upload speed it was like $60 a month. After a year of that shit, the "promo" rate ended and it went to $90 and i was like "fuck that" and cancelled it immediately.

Now, back then I only had 5gb on a shared line. I used to get way too close to the cap, so I modified my behavior a bit and developed some weird-ass habits...
>Coffee shop- Use their wifi with my netbook to download current youtube subscriptions with youtube-dl.
>Do the same with /f/, because I used to go on /f/ a lot.
>Go home, move this shit to my PC to watch after I got home. Tether 4g to comment on /f/ shit.
I also had some idiot neighbors who used WEP and didn't put a password on their routers, so I was able to port forward for a few things. Problem is that the wifi was very finnicky and would only work in very specific places, so I would put my phone in a goddamn standing lamp to connect to the wifi and tether that shit to my PC. Worked for torrenting and arch updates atleast.

After over a year of that shit I moved-in with my girlfriend and we just pay for internet now. If you're superpoor/neet and don't like to pay for internet twice, 4g-only is viable especially now that telcom is less stingy today than a few years ago. Having both is so much more convenient now though and splitting the internet bill with someone else makes it a no-brainer... For now...

I don't get that comic, someone explain

see the little red arrow on the last frame

I did. Nothing. Am I dumb?

But we now have carriers that offer unlimoted high speed data for pretty dam low prices. You can get it for as low as $45/month with a Boost 5 user family plan for example.

Hint: incest.

She's pregnant and the one who knocked her up is her brother.

Sounds like Sweden. It is slightly cheaper than Norway for the same speeds. Sounds like he has the cheapest possible option

$75 a month for FiOS 150/150

Life sure is awesome.

Dropped verizon fios and got unlimited '4g' through metro, ping roughly 6ms and at least 50 mbps. Seems faster than my 80/80 wifi through frontier now. Whats up with that?

OOHH NOW I GET IT

it was pretty obvious actually. A belly would've helped.

>Dropped verizon fios and got unlimited '4g' through metro, ping roughly 6ms and at least 50 mbps. Seems faster than my 80/80 wifi through frontier now. Whats up with that?
It's not. 4G hovers around 10-20 Mbps. What's probably happening is you either have a shitty LAN/wireless LAN on your desktop/laptop or and/or your phone has a better CPU than your laptop/desktop.

don't feel bad, not everyone is enough of a pervert to get incest jokes so fast, if anything you are healthy.

Do you americucks really pay that much? Italy is a 3rd world country but you pay 20€/mo for an unlimited 300mps plan if you have already a mobile promotion with the company (with vodafone at least) or 30€/mo if you don't

>Do you americucks really pay that much? Italy is a 3rd world country but you pay 20€/mo for an unlimited 300mps plan if you have already a mobile promotion with the company (with vodafone at least) or 30€/mo if you don't
Yeah but I imagine the minimum wage over in mario land is pretty low. Here in the state of Maryland it's $8/hour in most places for minimum wage.