>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use buyers template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=search_list&s[short_desc]=Y&s[search]=Leopold FC210TP
massdrop.com/buy/kc21-mechanical-numpad?mode=guest_open
massdrop.com/buy/revo-design-custom-cnc-aluminum-keypad
massdrop.com/buy/npkc-switch-tester
elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=topre_keyboards,rf_numberpad
keybr.com/page/practice
i.imgur.com/iXIeoj0.jpg
wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/keycap-set/104-key-cherry-mx-keycap-set.html
elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,cherrymxkeys
amazon.com/LINGBAO-JIGUANSHI-Keyboard-Computer-Mechanical/dp/B01EWB91ZC/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1472785712&sr=8-6&keywords=cherry mx green&refinements=p_72:2661618011
amazon.com/Redragon-K552-Backlit-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B016MAK38U/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1472785840&sr=8-8&keywords=cherry mx green&refinements=p_72:2661618011
monoprice.com/mobile/product/details/13788
originativeco.com/products/modern-beige?variant=18906334405
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sup?

Just bought a Ducky 5 for my production hackintosh.

Anybody know where to get mac keycaps?

Any time someone asks about corsair or razer just save yourself the trouble and link them to my post

7) Why does it seem like Sup Forums hates Razer and Corsair mechanical keyboards?
- Razer has changed from Cherry switches to Kailh switches without reducing the price of their products
- While using Kailh switches isn't inherently terrible, Razer have switched purely to increase their profits

- Corsair mechanical keyboards have a certain aesthetic to them which attracts a specific demographic
- Corsair boards use a non-standard layout for the 5th row. This makes buying after market keycap sets difficult
- There have been reports of quickly dying LEDs on certain Corsair models
- RGB versions of this keyboard have had numerous issues with drivers and flickering

Oh yeah, what do we think about the edited OP image? Easier to spot if you're just perusing and stop people asking for a source.

Waiting on keycaps

Would a pok3r be a bad starter board? Never used a 60% but I like the look. Does it feel good once you're used to it?

ok let's get some recommendations going right from the start

so I received pic related today and I'm still debating if I want to get a separate numpad or not

>budget
50€? I don't know how much numpads usuallt cost

>location
Germany

>switch type
loving the mx clear switches on my pok3r so far so that would be nice. Even if it's not those it just has to be a 'quiet' switch

>layout
numpad

>form factor
numpad

>backlight
not necessary as my pok3r doesn't have backlight either

>previous/current keyboards
pok3r but no previous numpad

And yes, I know the kerning on big /mkg/ is awful - forgot to reset when I was fiddling before.

It feels great. More desk space, keyboard and mouse are closer together (so more comfortable) and keycaps are much less expensive for when you get hooked.

You can get blank keycaps.
If you want the apple font I don't know where you can get those, but I know places like das and wasd keyboard where they sell just the 4 keys you need to convert it to the apple layout, or if you want the hotkeys as well

razer has their own design, cherry probably just wouldn't make razer's design or it would be prohibitively expensive

A good keyboard has lower case lettering. Upper case is easier to write but lower case give more hints of the character's shape.
Yes, I should learn to touch type but...

hmm yeah some lower case keycaps would look nice

doesn't really matter when you touch type though

they're still made by kailh

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=search_list&s[short_desc]=Y&s[search]=Leopold FC210TP
massdrop.com/buy/kc21-mechanical-numpad?mode=guest_open
massdrop.com/buy/revo-design-custom-cnc-aluminum-keypad
massdrop.com/buy/npkc-switch-tester
elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=topre_keyboards,rf_numberpad
etc

Quick question, if I accidentally spilled a beer on one of these (let's say about 6oz/177ml) would it work well and not stick?

>MANUFACTURING
>Razer controls the entire manufacturing process of each switch, even the blueprint. This, in addition to the years of research and development, have resulted in a switch that surpasses the competition in durability, and features the tightest tolerance levels. Having control over the production gives Razer the opportunity to constantly innovate with new technologies, so you enjoy nothing but the very best.

unplug it and bathe it 99% isopropyl alcohol

this is great thank you very much user :)

Oh gee that makes me feel a whole lot better coming from Razers own mouth. I know that kailh has had issues with their machining process before, but it sure is nice that Razer spent the hundreds of thousands of dollars getting better equipment and just giving it to them instead of making it themselves. I wonder why kailh doesn't use the new tools they have to improve the already poor quality of their switches. Maybe asking razer again will shed some light inot the situation

ready for chinese cartoons

I need a wrist rest. Any recs?

I'm looking specifically for some that are LED compatible.

how about you look at the finished product instead of being such a brand whore, just because it has the kailh name on it doesn't automatically mean it's bad, many people have bought razer mech keyboards and are happy with them

Hi guys. No bully.

[spoiler]Anyone have one of these? Having firmware issues.[/spoiler]

can't find any that are LED compatible just the keys like command and option, but they are in pretty colors like blue, red and green

hello!

I had the apex raw once, it died on me within 36 hours of receiving it. Then I got a refund and ordered a mech.

It was a piece of shit, but if it hadn't been I wouldn't be knees deep into this shit, so I can't say that I regret it that much.

is there somewhere i can get cherry compatible caps that have japanese characters on them?
something like pic related, but Japanese

Maybe you should read the thread title, and post your stupid question in the stupid question general.

You mean like this?
There is also a Hiragana set. The one pictured is Katakana

Shouldn't you read the board title and maybe take yourself to the /au/tism board?

They sell them as a base set. The modifier keys, TKL set, and numpad are extra

bestest in this itt

I had been hoping for something with both the english and japanese characters on the keys, but those are pretty cool as well. Thanks user

What the fuck kind of response is that? You're a literal newfag retard thanks for showing it

what is your favourite subreddit guys?

what do you think

>/au/
Off to leleleddit with you

let me help you

This isnt /mkg/ but someone here would probably know best.
Anyone know of any good optical mice with 5 buttons, perfect sensors, and dont have a gamer aesthetic. I want an accurate mouse because I do play games but I dont want people to know I do.

logitech g303 is an almost perfect fit. Its $30 and if you turn of the LEDs it looks normal

>diagonal directional keys
What the fuck is this

get a razer deathadder it doesn't look too crazy, you can turn the lights off, it's normal to have that kind of mouse

/r/lipsthatgrip

Zowie

lol nice

sounds gross

how can i improve my typing speed D: i can type maybe 85-90 WPM

i noticed that i only use 6-7 fingers when i type "quickly" (for lowercase words like on 10fastfingers.com, not with capitalization and punctuation):
>left ring finger
>left middle finger
>left index finger
>right thumb (space only)
>right index finger
>right middle finger
>right ring finger (backspace only)

how do i undo this bad habit and learn to type properly D:

>>right ring finger (backspace only)
or P too

Bought a Azio MGK1 for $20 from craiglist. How'd i do?

Starter boards are a dumb concept.

>85-90 WPM
dang how do I get good. I recently gotten a mechanical keyboard after years of using a chicklet keyboard. I have this problem in which when moving my fingers from one key to another I accidentally hit another key in the process since the caps are much bigger then I expected. This causes me to go back and correct the mistake. What kind of practice can I do to get better?

man I wonder if I will get banned from posting this picture of a used keyboard with the caps taken off and there are pubic hairs and cum stains underneath

i just started doing this for maybe 10 mins and it seems really great, i'm not trying to type very fast just trying to type correctly and fix my muscle memory. it seems there will be far less movement required once you learn proper touch typing

keybr.com/page/practice

i mean 85-90 WPM was with my sloppy style, trying to learn proper touch typing now

ducky secret if you dont like logitech.

I've been doing this for 15 minutes now and I've only gotten E A T I O N as keys

tfw want a brown key 80% back light KB and not one store in CAN sells them.

fucking shit hole only sells the ducky one TKL without back light, what a garbage

it uses an algorithm to introduce characters at the right pace to help you learn. it already seems to be extremely helpful for me (but i'm a fast learner so YMMV)

>Budget
$100-$150
>Location (continent at least)
Scandinavia
>Preferred switch type
Brown
>Layout
ISO, but I can get used to ANSI if that's a problem
>Form factor
Tenkeyless
>Backlight
No
>Previous/current keyboards
Razer Blackwidow (blue)
CM Quickfire TK (brown)
Steelseries 6gv2 (black, current)

Thanks!
Also, best place to buy Korean keycaps?

if it's oc you shouldn't get banned

Anyone tested MX Silents here? Wondering if they feel smoother than reds.

Hi

Finally getting a plate so I can complete my build

Rate my build plan

>Silver hammer case knock off
>GON matte silver universal plate
>GH60 PCB Rev. C
>MX Silent in clear switch housings harvested from a Corsair Strafe RGB
>No backlighting
>ISO layout physically, custom software layout
>Keycaps will change, but currently planning two tone PBT blanks

I just picked up the Code keyboard from WASD with Cherry MX Green switches.

I haven’t tried normal MX red, but they seemed smooth.

I sold some to my friend who opened them to replace the springs, he thinks there’s lubricant on the slider

i.imgur.com/iXIeoj0.jpg

so maybe

wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/keycap-set/104-key-cherry-mx-keycap-set.html

This gives you layout options. Choose which Mac layout you want your caps to be in the customizer

why should she get a whole new set when all he needs is just 4 keys
8 dollars is a whole lot cheaper then 50
elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,cherrymxkeys

they even have option keys

>iso layout
That limits your options to just about nothing. Look at cherry.

I want the 1976 layout but I can only find it on alibaba for $45 as a cherry OEM. Should I go for it, or will it drop soon?

oops wrong image

Start new and fresh with all matching keys? Take the ones needed and have the rest for extra in case some caps get worn? man, I don't know. user didn't specify an exact amount or exact price. I did still answer the question and tried to help.

I really wish that I could get my hands on one, but even if it drops I don't think I can afford it. This set just doesn't look as nice

actually you can skip ahead with the arrows on the top right but i've just been going at it without skipping ahead and i think the pace is good

>Budget
Poorfag college student. Location (continent at least)
Midwest, USA
>Preferred switch type
Unsure
>Form factor
100% or TKL
>Backlight
Preferably, but probably not in my budget
>Previous/current keyboards
Logitech K120

Is it even worth upgrading from the K120 unless I can get something >$100? I believe I saw in a thread a month ago, someone mentioned the Tomoko 87 Key Keyboard with blue switches. It's about $36 on Amazon and appears to have decent reviews, despite generic Cherry clones.

Filco or Ducky?

amazon.com/LINGBAO-JIGUANSHI-Keyboard-Computer-Mechanical/dp/B01EWB91ZC/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1472785712&sr=8-6&keywords=cherry mx green&refinements=p_72:2661618011

amazon.com/Redragon-K552-Backlit-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B016MAK38U/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1472785840&sr=8-8&keywords=cherry mx green&refinements=p_72:2661618011

Couple options to check out for a budget but still decent reviews keyboard. Hopefully this helps open some doors in your mission for keyboard purchase.

Filco is riding on reputation at this point.

Monoprice has a sale right now for a backlit mechancial keyboard with outemu switches for 45 bucks

monoprice.com/mobile/product/details/13788
This is it. Its a 8/10 keyboard. For that low of a budget dont expect anything fancy

Want a reliable, boring, ugly, sturdy, wired keyboard? Go with Filco.
Want a gay pride backlight that rains white cum when you type, removable cable, and to save a little bit of money? Go with Ducky

You know ducky makes non backlit keyboards with PBT caps

SS Rival if you turn off the LEDs.

People are hyping the Logitech G Pro. Looks like an office mouse so if you turn off the LEDs, you'll probably be able to get away with it.

yeah theres also many people in this country with toyota camrys but that doesn't make it better than my porsche

porsche is owned by volkswagen

just because a passat (kailh) isn't that great doesn't mean a 911 (razer) is bad

>"..thus, mechanical keyboard is very strong sense of paragraph"
Yes get that shit ass keyboard

Where can I find replacement caps for my G710+? Both my Ctrl keys broke.

Generally speaking: how interchangeable are keysets between keyboards? The G710+ is not wavy or bent or anything. Can I just buy a set? because I've been looking to change my look up a bit for a long time.

You've got a non-standard bottom row so you're shit out of luck unless you want to individually order the right size keycaps.

I want a tactile non-clicky switch that I can never, ever, ever bottom out.

What's my best option?

I've got you senpai. There's a red/black and purple/cyan version.

originativeco.com/products/modern-beige?variant=18906334405

>that I can never, ever, ever bottom out
As in, literally impossible?

clears

Where can I source these?

matias quiet click has a built in dampener