/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

Previous Thread: What are you working on, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

uio.no/studier/emner/matnat/ifi/INF2810/#learning-outcomes
youtube.com/watch?v=-6yBN8rpuQs&list=PLn6pVFVk5Mr1r732e97DlV7onUbpRL9dj&index=1
appnee.com/sublime-text-3-universal-license-keys-collection-for-win-mac-linux/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

thank you for not posting a fag thread.

Thanks for posting anime.

First for Go and C.

Rendering chaotic maps

What the fuck is that font?

How the fuck is someone supposed to learn realbasic?

What do you guys think of VS Code, especially for C#?

I'm using it for Rust and it's pretty nice.

what's the difference between C and C++?

Anyone want to start a rumble with /wdg/?

Threadly reminder that haskell can't be used to make real-world programs because it's missing essential features

Like?

But user, what if I program AND do webdev for fun on the side? Can't we all just get along?

quality vs quantity

>especially for C#?
Use Visual Studio.

Hvordan kan jeg lære Scheme? Det er et vakkert programmeringsspråk.

uio.no/studier/emner/matnat/ifi/INF2810/#learning-outcomes

OOP

More specifically
youtube.com/watch?v=-6yBN8rpuQs&list=PLn6pVFVk5Mr1r732e97DlV7onUbpRL9dj&index=1

shit b8 m8

Takk

I have a question, I want to set up an ipsec vpn server on my raspberry pi 3 model B. In the setup, it mentions eth0. I'm guessing thats for the ethernet port going into the router. Well I also want to use it as a media center, so its going to be wireless so it sends video directly to a big screen. What in the set up of strongswan needs to be changed and to what to make it use its built in wifi? I realize that wireless usually slows things down, but my wireless signal already outperforms my ISP.

I'm learning Rust right now, and I just started to go over the ownership system. How long did it take for you to get used to borrowing?

Not long at all, although I had some previous experience with the concept through region-based memory management.

It might help if you annotate lifetimes yourself even when the compiler could do it for you, because lifetimes are the key to understanding the scope for which something gets borrowed.

>shit at programming
>don't like doing it so won't get better
>stuck doing a cs degree

life is shit

Pretty good album

Why didn't we listen to Stallman?

:)

ethX is typically a label for a wired ethernet port

not sure what your wireless would be labeled as, but assuming you have some kind of linux on that pi, an 'ifconfig' at the command prompt should show you the available network connections

also you're probably better off posting this in /sqt/

You cannot use Visual Studio on anything besides Windows at the moment. Someday, I hope, that you can.

Today I have been working on a web-browser.
So far I've found that comboboxes are a fucking pain to work with in c#.

Stallman would disapprove of your use of C#

Stallman would disapprove of your use of proprietary ponies

But now it's free as in freedom.

Do I like programming, or do I just like the comfy feeling of typing on a mechanical keyboard in a cozy darkened room with an A E S T H E T I C text editor?

The eternal question tbqhwymf (to be quite honest with you my family)

I think you're just a fucking faggot

dumb frogposter

should have gone for basket weaving before the bubble popped

The fucking worst editor ever made, seriously. Stick to VS.

Convince me why I should be a programmer

Best editor for Ruby? And best resource to have a "crash course" about the lang? I haven't used in months and need a fast resource to catch up.

Don't.

>1776

Anyone got project ideas? I have a month of free time. Open to any language and any type of project, just pitch em, I'm bored out of my mind.

Take that conspiratard idiot back to pol where it belongs.

Mono was free, and yet he still bitched about people using it. Though then again, that was 7 years ago. It might be interesting to see if his views have changed given that...

1. The .NET runtime and Framework Class Library are now MIT licensed.
2. The C# and Visual Basic compilers, along with their code analysis APIs are now Apache 2.0 licensed (compatible with GPLv3, but not GPLv2).
3. PowerShell is now MIT licensed.
4. Since the acquisition of Xamarin from Microsoft, Mono is now under an MIT license, with a written promise from Microsoft not to claim patent infringement for anyone who uses or distributes Mono.

I recommend that you choose a different profession.

Sublime Text 3
_Why's Poignant Guide to Ruby

Of course the dumb poltard posts Alex Jones. How fitting.

>Mono was free, and yet he still bitched about people using it.

That's because he has hot opinions and is a LISPfag.

You're on the wrong website

You're on the wrong board, poltard.

You can stop posting at any time, JIDF.

> MUH shills
> MUH JIDF
So typical for a dumb poltard like you. That's all you can muster up. So typical.

test comment #1

In which programming languages you consider yourself fluent?

what?

Doesn't having these images just prove that you are the Sup Forums dipshit?

Thanks for the advice, I'll make sure to explicitly state everything until it's second nature. I really like the language so far; I'm probably going to do most, if not all, of my work in it once I get the hang of it.

PHP, JavaScript... Not fluent in SQL, and learning jquery.

Man fuck C. There is some many useful assembly language paradigms they could have enforced in the language but didn't for god knows what reason. Fortran has computed gotos, B had computed gotos, even early version of C had computed gotos. For whatever reason it didn't make it into K&R and only recently has GCC made it an available language extension.

There isn't anyway to handle overflow at all. WHAT THE FUCK. Not even most C-descendant language have a way to check or handle this.

Not to mention it's 2016 now. Coroutines make programming easier and usually more efficient (see nginx). C++ is getting them, but they don't have zero runtime overhead so it will never be introduced to C.

What's the future of systems languages? It certainly isn't C++, it's based off the same flawed base as modern C is. Go has a GC; it was never meant to be a systems programming language. Rust canned coroutines because the implementation they had was slow. Otherwise it seems nice (although the pedantry of the compiler pisses me off at times).

Oh, and Rust is slow.

Says tripfag dipshit. LMAO.

>it's 2016 now

Dlang.

>open standard
>have been free as in freedom compiler vendors for years (which were legal)
>microsoft made their own free as in freedom compiler literally 5 or 6 years ago
>microsoft open sourced their latest compiler
>.NET core also open sourced
pretty sure Stallman would approve, bud
literally all of them
it's literally faster than assembly dumbass

How and why is MIT acquiring all those languages. Granted they have the finances... Academics ain't about licensing softwares. Positive endgame?

>There isn't anyway to handle overflow at all
This is by design.

>faster than assembly

Program your life.

MIT hasn't acquired them. They're jut licensed under the MIT license, which basically says "do whatever you want to the code, just include this license with it".

if you donate your language to MIT they give you a free degree
assembly can't even compete tbqh it's an order of magnitude difference

MIT doesn't own them. The software is licensed with a public license designed by MIT.

Has a GC, so it's automatically invalid.

>Has a GC
Not for long

>Has a GC

An optional one.

>can't use open() with https
baka desu senpai

LOL Rubyfags rekt .

Lol? Overflow is still UB. GC = unnecessary and unpredictable context switches on potential real-time or near-real-time code. And that's just the things I brought up.

I made some modifications to my program so that if you run it with a

--test

parameter, it runs in a temporary test environment. All files it normally creates/reads from are in a temporary directory and it uses an in-memory database. Once you finish with the program, everything gets cleaned up.

It doesn't even require that you keep the license, just that you keep the copyright. You can relicense it however you want as long as the original author is given accreditation.

>Assembly can't even compete
>With a language that compiles to assembly
NV, don't be a fucking retard. You could say that no human is going to write as efficient assembly as is generated by Rust, and you might be half right (but I would counter that many compilers won't generate specific instructions that might do a job faster, like bswap for a change to network byte order), but you can't say that it's faster than assembly on the whole, because it literally compiles to assembly.

Kill yourself weebtard.

rust doesn't get compiled to assembly it uses quantum binary codes

You got trolled my dude.

good job my man
what does your program do though

Someone's triggered :^)

The GC is optional. You would know that if you weren't a memelord poopyhead.

dubs don't lie

Works on my end with Ruby 2.3.1 on Linux...

Also
>Unregistered

appnee.com/sublime-text-3-universal-license-keys-collection-for-win-mac-linux/

You're fucking welcome.

Why are you so mad? go back to 9gag, newfag.

It's kind of like a booru but with a better (for me anyways) interface and can handle both images and archives.

Sounds nice.
Keep on workin'!

>Clojure made the list

>literally just getting triggered at seeing Alex Jones
like pottery

You won't believe what this incredible perl snippet does! Run it now or risk losing out on the most fun you've ever had!

$??s:;s:s;;$?::s;;=]=>%-{

Who /75%/ here?

Thanks, I just got a gf

I actually updated to 2.3.1 (was using 2.2) and didn't werks too ;_;

Well, that's annoying. It is thinking the cert is invalid. (Are you behind a proxy?) Does it with work with Google?

Either way, you can bypass this check by passing this as a second argument to open().

{ssl_verify_mode: OpenSSL::SSL::VERIFY_NONE}

LW has truly graced us with programming excellence.

Also, you should gem install pry, it's super-helpful for playing around with things like this. One thing you can do is "require 'pry'" then put "binding.pry" somewhere in your code to act as a breakpoint that drops you into the REPL at that point of execution.

Also pry-doc will give you some gnarly documentation accessible from the REPL, and pry-debugger gives you the ability to navigate the stack. (With help in the normal pry "help" command)