[In an interview]

[In an interview]

>It says here you don't have a Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Snapchat account. Why?

How do you respond

I maintain contact with my friends and family through my phone and email

"never found the need for one, I have a LinkedIn and a Gmail account"

Respond with:
>I use texting and things like skype to keep in touch, as I don't see the need for constant interaction through social media.

was about to say this.
at least have a linkedin account as far as business contacts go. really goes a long way for those high end jobs.

Why do you care you are just an overgrown rat

Well that was rude as heck.

I live in a "real world" not a "virtual world" with self absorbed spastics.

"i don't really care about social media, and people i care about, and care for me, know how to contact me"

I believe in this day and age the prudent thing for an informed tech aware person is to abstain from the harmful policies of prominent social media sites. We're living in the post-Snowden age where one can't afford to implicitly trust a corporate entity to have their best interests in mind. People are more than profit, more than data to be mined.

/thread

pretty much this

Funny story: I live near a park and they had to sacrifice some capybaras because seems like they breed like rabbits.

confirmed fedora

That's awful ;-(

You don't enjoy Twitter because you find it too toxic, Facebook is too dull and nowadays looks more like craigslist than a social media.

Nobody you know uses Snapchat so you don't find the need to have one.

Instagram is actually pretty decent. Too bad jewbook owns it. Just make something up.

If only you knew how true that statement was...

I don't have any of those you're correct.

I see, and how would you say that relates to your application for this position in data mining for advertising?

>How do you respond

Why do I want to work for a company who can't pay for a business TeamViewer license?

OP mentioned nothing about applying for a position related to that.

I have never been asked that in a job interview. I'm sure most companies look you up on google/fb/twitter/whatever as part of their hiring process, but not having social media doesn't seem to have ever affected my chances of getting a job.

I will never have an interview because I work for myself. Shit's cash

What I do outside of the office is none of your business. Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

I'll tell them the truth. I don't like "online diaries"

Get the fuck out.
Neeext.

they are distractions me, an efficient worker, can't tolerate.

>To be honest I recently started minimalizing my life, digital footprint included. I only use things that enrich my life and social media is not one of those t hings.

I'm not a pedophile I swear please don't hurt me

but I do