There's a new camera app available on Nexus 5 and a few other phones. It uses burst mode to increase camera megapixel...

There's a new camera app available on Nexus 5 and a few other phones. It uses burst mode to increase camera megapixel. Can turn 8MP Nexus 5 up to 32MP.

Here's a 20MP sample because of stupid file size constraints. Will include a standard 8mp sample taken with Google camera for comparison, as well as other samples if anons are interested.

The app is Camera Super Pixel.

Not bad for static images, but blurry as fuck for anything with the slightest motion. Kinda sucks when your hands tremble a lot...

And here's the 8MP sample taken with Google camera

The default Camera app already does this to increase resolution on newer Nexus devices.

Source? Can't find any info on that

Taken with the 6P

Looks like shit.
A .dng file in the sensor's native resolution would look much better.

clean your screen user...

>that screen
reeeee

Not mine.

The software image stabilization takes 3 images and blends them.

>tfw trying to tell the difference on my 1080p screen

...clean it anyway, it's filthy

Here's a 32MP image.

Nexus 5 does dng, but this is up to 32MP.

That's HDR. Not the same thing.

Try zooming in.

I'm not there anymore.

Same but taken with regular google camera @8MP

>That's HDR.
HDR has nothing to do with image stabilization.

>merging 3 images for stabilization
Poor bait.

Nexus devices that don't support OIS use software based image stabilization, thats why the 8MP picture looks better than

>responding to triptards
>ever

>triptards
lurk moar

I'm just amazed at how far I can zoom in. This is really good for when I need a motionless macro shot imo

>Tiny, tiny censor.
>quality
You sound as bad as normies talking about basic computer tech

Only one poster ITT used that word.
Guess who!

Woah, skin is bumpy

>uses burst mode to increase camera megapixel
does it work on other phones? What does a phone need in terms of hardware to do this?

Camera2 support

Iirc some phones can go to 43MP

I recall someone on Sup Forums saying that the MP number on a smartphone camera is a meme. He then proceeded to affirm that AMD was facing bankruptcy and might end up being finished