All my dx9 games now run like shit

>All my dx9 games now run like shit
Thanks Pahjeet.
Why did Microsoft butcher the dx9 support? There was no point doing that. Are they fucking their customers on purpose? Is it to force everyone to move to dx12?
I'm starting to regret "upgrading" now.
How do I fix this shit?

maybe it's your graphics card

Just fix it in the source code, and recompile.
Oh wait, it's non-free and proprietary.
LOL.

Upgrade to windows 10 you fucker.

What exactly did they do? I still play a few Dx9 games and they are still working fine.

I upgraded to windows 10

FUCK OFF
U
C
K
O
F
F

>How do I fix this shit?
stop gayming

That's exactly your mistake.

Starting with Windows 8, DirectX 9 actually starts enforcing the 4GB vram limitation. In Windows 7, you can have more than 4GB of vram used by DX9 applications. This was originally noticed by Skyrim modders, and initially blamed on Nvidia drivers. Then, Nvidia pointed the finger at MS and it came to light that it was because they made changes to DX9 in Windows 8, there's literally nothing Nvidia or AMD can do to fix it.

Why exactly is it bad to have the ability to use more than 4gb vram?

It's not. They probably did it to discourage the use of DX9 by new games, and got away with it because very few old games actually use that much anyway.

If you actually play DX9 games which can utilize more than 4GB of vram, you're shooting yourself in the foot if you run Windows 8 or 10.

you should have switched to Linux by now, and dont give me any shit about video games and go buy a god damn sony playstation and plug it in to the biggest fucking TV you can afford to buy

It's not. Even happens on hyper-v when guest os is windows 10 ae. They broke it.

They limited it to sell 64-bit windows

Claiming only 64-bit OS can use 4gb+ ram

>upgrading to Windows 10 is a mistake
>not upgrading to Windows 10 is a mistake
Congratulations MS for fragmenting your user base. Meanwhile all El Capitan users will be happily upgrading to macOS Sierra.

Opengl is the only good future

tfw ubuntu 16.10 runs most dx9 games better than windows 10 trough wine

why would windows 10 run dx9 games through wine

because im not a native english speaker

stop being a child user, put away the video games

>all work and no play makes jon a dull boy

I'm starting to regret coming to this cancer board listening to you anons whining.

We will.
After a few weeks though, that is.
Yosemite had a lot of bugs on launch and cost me a few hours if work.
After a few weeks, OS X is incredibly stable, if you have a major update they sometimes need a few patches to make it run perfectly.
Except for the Yosemite fiasco, I haven't had any problems at all with os x.