uk.reuters.com/article/uk-google-smartphone-exclusive-idUKKCN118065

stop make prototipe :(

it was stupid to begin with

Ara ara

Stillbirth meme tech

kind of disappointing tbch
i was excited for it and it would've helped with all the e-waste being made
oh well

Why buy $50 parts every other year when you can drop $500 every year for a new phone.

All I wanted was a phone where I could replace the screen (and only the screen) if the screen broke. All I wanted was a phone where I could switch the screen to an e-ink panel (instead of buying an ereader) so that I could go on long trips and read forever. All I wanted was a phone where I could switch to RCA composite output so I could play movies for my grandparents (who refuse to get a TV with HDMI input). All I wanted was a phone where I switch back and forth between a sliding physical keyboard with real keys and a sliding set of video game controls (even though gaymurs are degenerate filth). All I wanted was a phone where I could switch between a low-power SoC for general usage and a high-power SoC for heavier stuff (like those dumb games). All I wanted was an expensive camera module that I could share with friends and family for special occasions (rather than each person getting their own expensive camera). All I wanted was the ability to take all my individualized modules, remove them from the phone frame, and stick them in a tablet frame (as a simple frame would be cheaper than buying an actual tablet). All I wanted was to reduce my impact on the environment by upgrading my phone only bit-by-bit over long periods of time (as opposed to simply throwing away old phones as a whole, working and broken components together).

But that's all over now.

My dreams are dead.

Underrated post

Good post.

this post is funny because literally everything after the screen part shows how fucking disconnected you are from the real world and how engineering and manufacturing works

>not wanting to play RCA composite video on your grandparents' television
Why are you such a shitty grandchild?

ara ara!

>i was excited for it
So was everyone else with an iq just south of 75.

So you were excited, too?

the humor on this board really sucks

Problem is they tested it in a poorfag market. Of course no one's going to buy that when they're all still using shitty dumb phones. Hawaii would have been a slightly better market for testing.

just like yore mom

It seemed pretty fucking retarded to begin with. I'm surprised it got as far as it did. Sorry, turbonerds.

It was a cool idea.

they never really wanted it to succeed
it was all a deliberate plot to make sure the public thinks modular phones would be a bad idea
now we have a precedent

Sup Forums kicked in the guts once more

the future is fixed

I was looking forward to this the day Google got announced, I'm sure (((they))) saw ARA as giving too much power to the enduser and decided to pull the plug.

Fuck this gay earth, I'm staying with my phablet Nexus 6 until Google decides to pull the plug on that too.

>all I wanted was 50 things
>was that so hard, Google?

What poor fags would buy this or at least the sensible ones if its a matter of convenience for parts.

what's with the parentheses?

He is getting trolled REALLY hard by some Jews on the Internet.

Someone should post the pasta of the guy dropping his phone in front of a cute girl he wanted to ask out and it went to pieces and everyone was laughing. He left so quick he forget a few pieces.

>trolled
Cool kids today use the word "baited". They might not get what you're saying. Get with the times, grandpa.

>another project killed by normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I was looking forward to how this made modularity of smartphones move forward, but I don't think I would have bought it. Modularity for smartphones still has a ways to go before I'll buy into it.

>Problem is they tested it in a poorfag market
If you are talking about Puerto Rico, they didn't even test there. They cancelled the launch date promising a newer version of the hardware but never delivered after that. To be fair I don't remember them having usable prototypes at all.

It was dead the moment it was bought by Google. It was more promising when it was a Motorola project.

>>another project killed by normies
Can't keep catering for you sub-normals.

Make your own, then.

Sup Forums was right again. This was absurd. Normies BTFO once again.

>the future is fixed
Yeah, because living in a future where all the devices have no ports is better, right?

>until Google decides to pull the plug on that too
So, next year?

Project What?

literally the first time I've heard of it

First time on the internet?

>wanting a configurable phone makes you retarded

Supporting it after Google neutered it was a mistake though.

Plus, if it was as upgradable as Google implied in 2014, then you tripfags could spend less time ruining real threads, and more time circlejerking in the hourly /Phone Speccy General/.

who pissed in your cereal this morning? sheesh

please stop making this thread. that's the second time today

To be fair, the other one was long dead.

People just don't care for modularity these days.

Laptops with removable GPUs and CPUs are already a small minority.

yeah it was dead for a reason

Laptops themselves are a minority.

having a removable battery and possibly a removable baseband processor eventually would give way too much freedom to the user

Its not that people don't care for modularity it's that laptops and modern phones place a premium on space and modularity if often at odds with that.

More like it would conflict with the market a lot of google associated companies(nexus) thrive on.