Is watercooling a meme, Sup Forums?

Is watercooling a meme, Sup Forums?
Im going to be doing a Ncase build pretty soon, and Ive heard for ITX builds its generally the best option
but when I search it up I see shit like
>You gotta spend $500 on parts and if you dont maintain it every other day its gonna burst open and fry your entire system

what does Sup Forums think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NVtR7azLVcI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

poorfags don't need watercooling

who is she

Honestly, if I wanted watercooling, I'd build it myself

She looks pretty cute, who is she

I have the same question. OP?

I mean, I wouldnt mind spending 500 bux if it worked, but the idea of constant maintenance sounds fucking spooky.

>Is watercooling a meme
get some water from the fridge and pour it down your head to see if it's a meme idiot.

you could have googled this but since you're afraid then don't even bother

I googled it, thats where I found out this shit can leak or destroy your computer at any moment. Which is why I ask the inner circle of Sup Forumsentoomen

a literal meme

GET

THIS

UGLY

BITCH

OUT OF

MY Sup Forums

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

creepy
anime eyes

>nobody on Sup Forums has experience with watercooling

Progeria and fetal alcohol syndrome.

its a waste of time, fans are fine

Literally too poor.

What about for ITX builds? Im going to be doing a Ncase one and dont want it to catch fire when i overclockerino

Get an AIO like the H100i GTX or whatever. Install and forget.

>Get an AIO like the H100i GTX or whatever. Install and forget.
Do they have those for GPUs? Im going full AMD housefire

found her! Thanks user

she's a linux user too! Wincucks cant EVER recover

What the fuck is an Ncase build? God damn you youngfags coining all these stupid words.

Also no, your shit will not leak or explode if you put it together correctly. It hardly require any maintenance besides changing the water whenever you feel like. There isn't really a benefit to water cooling though because it's usually not all that quiet. Pumps are loud, you know?

Watch what you say about major Kusanagi.

she is perfect

ITX is a whole 'nother story friend. I recommend reading installgentoo wiki until updated. Use ITX parts for ITX tho'.

youtube.com/watch?v=NVtR7azLVcI

I like the closed loop water coolers that are out these days. I have two from nzxt, one on the cpu and one on the gpu. Most hardcore computer builders will tell you that the old method is best, but what they really mean is the old method looks cooler and is more fun to fuck with. The coolers I got come with a 5 year warranty and thus far they've been great. The best part is when I play a game, I can actually hear it instead of the vacuum cleaner evga strapped onto the 970. Looking at the video for the Ncase, I bet you could fit a pair of 120mm radiators and fans where they show the 240mm radiator and fans.

When I was like ten I thought you had to hook the computer up to the water system so it could keep drawing fresh water from the municipality as the old shit got too warm

Im not too familiar with all the parts, is it possible to connect a GPU and CPU to the same radiator?

Not with a factory-sealed AIO.

There is no reason to get a closed loop meme cooler whatsoever when you can buy a D15 or something similar, and it will last you literally forever. It's a fucking piece of metal all you have to do is replace the fans on it when they break. Compare that to a water cooled system with a rubber hose that WILL fail in its lifetime and when it does it's going to take your system with it unlike the heatsink.

are there any gpu kits with 120mm radiators?
I guess i could cool both the gpu and cpu if done seperately

Check out the MSI Sea Hawk and EVGA Hybrid. There are also kits that let you convert most AIOs to be usable on GPUs - NZXT and Corsair sell these.

custom water cooling is a meme, but that didn't stop me. but for cost/reward ratio all-in-one coolers are the way to go. obviously if you don't want to or don't know how to overclock just stick with air cooling

I've had a CPU water loop for 6 or 7 years and all the "maintenance" I do is add a bit more distilled water once every few months. I only drained it 2 times so far and that's because I upgraded my case and obviously had to move it. The water still looked perfectly clean after 2-3 years.

Build it properly and there isn't any maintenance to speak of, adding a bit of water takes literally a few minutes and you have to do it like twice a year.

If you want to get a GPU in the loop too, keep in mind that those generally use model-specific waterblocks and it will heavily restrict your access to the PCI-E area of your mobo, including any ports or headers may be sitting underneath. If you ever have to take a graphics card out of the system because you can't reach a SATA port, or the CMOS battery, or fuck knows what else you may also end up having to drain the loop, then refill it and then bleed it. Basically what is usually a few minutes of work could turn into 2+ hours.

Still, in practical terms, if you've got a CPU loop exhausting air straight out of the case and only 1 graphics card, you should have no issues at all keeping the card very cool. Thinking of custom GPU loops is only worth it if you want extreme OC or if you have some multi-GPU system with very high TDP, in which case the top card may suffer heavily from the heat the one below is exhausting and from restricted cool air intake.