So some tech you tubers are talking about this new 'free-speech' social network called Gab. Look at the fucking logo

So some tech you tubers are talking about this new 'free-speech' social network called Gab. Look at the fucking logo.

KEK works in mysterious ways, friends.

breitbart.com/tech/2016/09/01/free-speech-social-network-gab-growing-as-twitter-facebook-censor-users/

>2011+5
>thinking you can start a new social network

Anyone remember Ello?

Remember Myspace?

I'm in beta. I can post some screens if you guys want.

moot is that really you?

Kikebart shilling a website again? Let me guess they invested in it?

Bump

Yea show some screens if possible.

(((Breitbart)))

>twitter is declining in popularity
>gab is getting a great boost in popularity from the alt right at the start
This actually has a shit ton of potential

prove the jews weren't behind this:

protip: you can't

I was number 132 or something in the waiting queue. Have they actually send out invites out yet? I haven't gotten anything yet.

>CobberCab is on this
Wait what
Top kek

Sure.

Bump the thread people

Andrew Torbas the CEO is a verified oldfag

Hes one of us.

>boost in popularity from the alt right
Uh oh, cue space shuttle challenger

Does it have a dark setting/theme on mobile?

No. And there aren't any apps yet. That's just the mobile site.

Damn.

Same lel,sure i never get an invite

>breitbart
No thanks

"Free speech" social networks are doomed to fail because they almost always start off by catering to some groups of bigots or perverts. It's hard to sell normal people on a community populated by racists and pedophiles.

A "free speech" social network can only succeed by attracting people by normal means, ie having a cool gimmick that can sustain interest for a long time. The free speech aspect would not be all that prominent, but it would be an important principle the owners stick to.

>twitter spin-off for Alt-Righters
It's not going to go anywhere, because people who post Alt-Right stuff on Twitter care more about getting libruls angry and butthurt than they do about the philosophical proposition of free speech. Eventually they'll realize there's nobody to offend on Gab, because the only people who migrate to a site advertising "We won't ban you for being offensive!" are people who also want to offend others, and they'll move back to Twitter (where their offended audience is).

Anyway, however many invites or waiting lists there are is a hugely inaccurate metric for how popular a service or product is going to be, just because restricting access to ANYTHING always results in more people wanting it. Hell, even that >>>/reddit/ spin-off "for people who aren't meanies!!" had an equally long waiting list to get in, and nobody uses that shit. Eventually Gab will go the way of every other Twitter clone before it.