Worked at Apple from 2004 - 2013

> Worked at Apple from 2004 - 2013
> Involved (somewhat) in the product design and heavily in) the User/Consumer Experience fields
> Ask me anything

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9DyUitTVWlw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How was it?
Any products you worked on that didn't get released?

Why did you get fired?

Is it true that 82% of the employees there use anal plugs while working?

How many cocks have you sucked?

What's your anal diameter before and after working there?

Did everyone secretly think Jobs had aids?

>worked at apple
>spending their time on an obscure imageboard with autists than actually working

Did you also think Jobs was overrated?

Did you do any programming? Is the code quality as bad as everyone claims?

Do you (yourself) prefer textured or flat?

> It was fantastic up until 2008/2009. When Steve Jobs died, it became a fucking mess.

> Lots, but it's hard to explain. Many ideas changed into other ones, some never got off the ground, some got delayed, etc. etc.

I (and several others) got wind that we were about to be let go, so we basically didn't do shit for weeks on end (think Ron Livingston in The Office) until we had a talking to, then quit.

No one outside of upper upper upper management really saw him for the past year and a half of his life. A lot of people would joke around that he had "asshole cancer", and follow it up by saying that they didn't know where it was, but it only happens to assholes.

One big conspiracy of sorts that circulated was that Jobs died either some time before or some time after the official DOD, but the powers that be decided it'd help boost iPhone 4S sales to announce it within its launch frame.

Zero programming/coding experience outside of HTML/CSS and some basic Python. I didn't interact with programmers outside of some software UI/UX guys.

I can go either way. Skeuomorphisms were a wonderful way of showing off high-res displays, and it was always fun seeing what concepts could be translated digitally, but it got out of hand. Flat, vibrant design can look beautiful if done right, and is generally easy to work with, as you can have a single asset or object that can be scaled to any size without issue.

Spoiler alert: The next big UI trend is going to be a sense of depth and space. If you've ever seen the computers in the movie "Her", think like that.

>No one outside of upper upper upper management really saw him for the past year and a half of his life. A lot of people would joke around that he had "asshole cancer", and follow it up by saying that they didn't know where it was, but it only happens to assholes.
topkek

Out of the projects that never got off the ground, which were your favorites?

Poisoning Steve's herbal enemas with trace amounts of strychnine.

>strychnine
>not just giving him a one-off mix with a shitload of powdered caffeine

You macfags can't do anything right

Did that image they wanted to give off in their ad campaigns from back then of not being suited-up stiffs and being hip and shit was it true or was everyone in there a pencil neck?

is it true that Jony Ive was the unofficial CEO with Jobs' blessing and everyone had to check with him about the new products?

What is your favourite OS X version? If you could theoretically run it indefinetely with software support and updates? I'm still nostalgic for Snow Leopard.

Is it true while working there you don't have to eat and can live off absorbing nutrients through the cum in your anus?

Is it true that office politics are very SJW? At Facebook, saying "all lives matter" will get you shitcanned.

What was your pay? Do they encurage you to use iphone over android? What kind of benefits did you have?

What's the most beautifully designed apple product? And what's the one that everyone prefers to forget?

After which year, Applel did go full SJW?

All the penis I can suck. Yes, using anything else is grounds for termination. All the cum I can drink.

describe the fall of the itunes ui, if you can.

what went wrong? it used to be usable

iTunes was never usable.

OP how did you first start working at apple?

Could you give some examples of your projects, roles, etc?

Is it true that there is a database of people who you can/can't talk to?

>obscure

How much do you think there are cliques?

Do you think you get in better position just by ass-kissing and being loud enough regardless of your actual skill level?

What do you think about the middle managers in general, do they actually know what they are doing or are they just there to fill the position?

Why you guys cheap out on cooling?

youtube.com/watch?v=9DyUitTVWlw

>Do you think you get in better position just by ass-kissing and being loud enough regardless of your actual skill level?
Worked for Steve.

Hi, I was an iOS Firmware Engineer from 2008-2015. Were you there when all those people were fired over the segment overflow in the A4 loader?

Probably cramming everything into it

GNOME dev here. Can't say I agree with "beats all other GUI efforts in all of computing" - I still think webOS beats us in usability, and if it weren't for how far it fell, I wouldn't mind doing a mobile version of the DE :-D I'm glad people like GNOME, though - it may seem organized on the outside, but internally it plays out more like a fan project or something.

More to the point, however, I feel there's a bit of truth to this post. There's no real reason to use Linux other than "you like it" - sure, there are good aspects to it, but when it comes to OSes, there's no reason to use one over the other. We promote FOSS development because we believe in the philosophies behind it; however, imo it shouldn't be a dealbreaker when talking about software. I got to meet RMS a few years back, and while I appreciate his enthusiasm, I don't agree with him on this point.

HOWEVER, if there is a reason to use Linux, it's the headerbar concept. If you're not familiar with this, its a combined titlebar and menubar that GNOME uses on most of its core apps. It saves space for the actual content of the app to use and forces devs to focus on the core important pieces of their application when designing an interface. It's been copied in so many other OSes, but I feel only Linux users get the true, primal headerbar experience.

There's a user on DeviantArt I follow who does nothing but headerbar concept art, and I can say with certainty it truly shows the power of this amazing technology and its impact on society as a whole. We can do a lot with headerbars, and if we use them correctly, they can do a lot for us. too.

Why, my disabled wife wouldn't be able to use the computer to post her fanart if it wasn't for the simplified design of the GNOME Web browser, Epiphany. She's always found Chrome and Firefox's interfaces to be too unyieldy to use as a onehanded woman.

I hope I've done some good here, and please try GNOME!

Proof?

Why is Apple so batshit insane that they make their business partners use their shitty software like Keynote?

>> Involved (somewhat) in the product design and heavily in) the User/Consumer Experience fields
so you were a useless drone and most likely a diversity hire?

What's your favorite cereal?

Is this copypasta?

Post pic of feet.

Did you do anything in the design to satisfy the NSA

Interesting. More?

What's your favorite anime?

The headerbar should be hide-able though. I hate having it in the way.

All OS should look the same at a passing glance. That is, there should be no visible trace of the OS during normal usage.

OP got hit by some NDA

batteries, launch... market is fickle

I have heard from psychologists that the colors used on the icons of IOS could cause certain mental health problems, like depression.

Is this true ?

I heard something about Intel making CPUs that will only run Windows. What would do about that?

nigga what

>More?
What do you want to know?