There's a good amount of Sup Forumsentoomen in college right?

There's a good amount of Sup Forumsentoomen in college right?

What kind of tech do you use to help with whatever you study? Besides your laptop/desktop that is.

I was considering getting a tablet with a decent resolution screen for viewing online textbooks and pdfs with a lot of graphics.

Any of you guys have a recommended setup for recording lectures?

inb4 hoverboard

BIC pen
hb pencil
small sharpener
good eraser
spiral notebook

I use tabs to mark different lectures

I write my notes with pic related or a graphgear 500.

Are active digitizers too shitty for writing digital notes still?

Paper notes are just nicer imho

I'd really only consider it for a few classes but the last I looked into it there wasn't a viable tablet to do so with. No idea about the current stuff out there.

I was a very obvious one, used a t420. Everybody looked at it funny, but it worked pretty well. A lot of people use chromebooks apparently because lightweight

>HE USES IN-EAR EARPHONES

People always ask me about my x220t. Usually just how old it is. I'm more Surfaces than I expected this semester.
What's your problem fag?

I only use a spiral notebook and a pencil besides my T420.
Tablets are absolute shit for textbooks. Got a chuwi Hi12, but it is now just collecting dust save for the occasional use as chinese kinder cartoon viewer.
Thankfully my uni records all lectures which are then immediately accessible on a server to view or download, so I never had to bother with recording.
Also what model is that Spyderco

I always laugh at the freshmen with macbooks and shittier consumer craptops. But there are always a few fags with ThinkPads and everytime I chat one up sure enough he is a Sup Forumsentooman or at least shitposts here on 4chins. It is kind of funny to see IRL

Are tablets really a no go for digital textbooks and stuff? I was thinking it'd be a step up from my low resolution laptop and easier to maneuver. It's a Sage 3.

>he wears headphones out of the house
o i am laffin

i felt kindof cringe honestly, everyone else that had a t420 or older thinkpad was a fucking sperg, this one kid played fucking pokemon red on an emulator the entire semester instead of paying attention... he did not do so well.

>He has ears.

I don't do anything but coursework on it. Nobody can know about my super secret club.

For me the interface makes it absolutely unusable. Even though my laptop is only 1600x900 the ability to quickly use ctrl+f and other shortcuts makes it much more usable than dragging my fingers all over the place to find anything. With the tablet I always spent much more time getting the text usable and readable than actually using the text.

im not saying everyone that has one is a sperg, but man... fedoras and vapes and gaymen in class oh my

SumatraPDF is pretty easy to navigate on my even smaller x220t in my opinion. It's probably due to the simple interface.

>1-5kHz is all i need outside of the house

I sit up front in lectures because my eyes are shit so I don't really know who is even in my classes besides the people beside me.

the human ear can only hear up to 3.2kHz

What kind of terrible frequency response even is that?

>lelno

>terrible frequency response
op's in-ear earphones m8 :(

check out this stock image i found that illustrates how silly you look

>wearing over the ear headphones in public

Pure autism.

>ound that illustrates how silly you look
>CHECK OUT HOW YOU LOOK IF YOU ENJOY A FULL AUDIO SPECTRUM
get out newfag

if those are what I think they are the response is probably the standard 2 digit number to ~22k Hz.

What kind of shitposting are you doing lad?

>the standard 2 digit number t
>implying these have a -3db frequency under 100Hz
>implying any in-ear headphone can have good bass
KEK

>actually caring how you look

So just the standard /hpg/ shitposting then. How about you take it to the appropriate thread sperg.

how about you get off my board fag

I know, it's easy to not care when you're already beyond hope

>waah this is my board I'll shit where I please
pretty good petulant child impression user

>(YOU)

Honest question here. Why do you need a laptop during class at all?

I used a dell axim in college and I highly recommend it.

I have no choice if I want to have any digital document out at the same time. That's why I was asking about a small tablet.

>T400 laptop running Arch.
>Dumbphone because I had two smartphones stolen out of my dorm.
>Rooted Kindle for muh books.
>Multitool with usb drive for misc.
Lots of engineering paper and a few high quality pencils otherwise. And a massive three ring binder with file folders.

Pretty good setup imho. Cheap and comfy.

technology does not help you study. it get in the way of you studying, and only acts to impede creative thought.

"technology in the classroom" is just shit that white people do to make non-white schools ruined and to sequester funds to their white IT department.

I'm trying to understand this because I never went to college, what digital documents do you need during a lecture? You know in advance that you need these, why not print them? Seems like a tablet would be more useful if all you're going to do is look at a document.

Just because your nigger ears can't seal earphones properly it doesn't mean they will sound like shit for everyone else.

I love my kindle but it blows for big PDFs especially if they're scans.

>kindle

the ereader or the tablet?

Sometimes it's useful to have text with you during a lecture if it only supplements the text or if there's diagrams that aren't in the presentation. Sometimes the book explains a concept better.

printing costs money

tips on preventing stealing?
and story, how did they get into your room?

this is my greatest fear, whenever I buy things I limit myself to items that can be easily replaced or are expendable

Lock your doors. Always. Don't leave valuable things lying around even if they're in a locked room. Most thieves will just snatch whatever they can quickly grab and run with so the odds of your stuff getting taken drop if they have to search. If you live in a bad area don't flash your valuables in public or even talk about them really. If you can manage it get a pet dog.

>Sometimes the book explains a concept better.
I thought nobody bought the books... You mean you have the book on the computer? Oh I see, ok, that explains it, still, seems like a tablet could do the job better. than carrying around a laptop.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Also I grab free PDFs of books whenever I can but, there's this newfangled kikery where a course will have an online component that forces you into buying at least an access pass for the homework which is usually half the cost of the new text itself.

Kindle Fire for digital textbooks, a really old shitty laptop that runs word and of course if all else fails, good ol' paper and pencil.

I will hopefully try to get in college in the next year, I'm thinking of getting a linear sound recorder to get the lecture so that I can go back to it and listen for what I missed instead of guessing. I learn better by listening than I do by reading.

Just be sure to check with the professor first or be stealthy. Sometimes they prohibit recording.

Yeah stealthy was going to be the way to go, seems ridiculous to prohibit it for education purposes, it would literally be the best tool a person could have is the entire lecture in your hand for you to back and relisten to it when you just don't get it.

I was never able to learn well from a book, I can't seem to get the nuances and tone that they try to convey in a book, and was always able to learn just by being in class listening to the teacher talk, maybe if I had thought about recording the classes when I was in highschool I would have actually had much better grades.