Douglas Crockford removed as a keynote speaker at Nodevember due to making other speakers feel uncomfortable

Douglas Crockford removed as a keynote speaker at Nodevember due to making other speakers feel uncomfortable.

twitter.com/nodevember/status/771520648191483904

WTF Sup Forums ?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/ag_dubs/status/666026590774673408
twitter.com/nebrius/status/697491096926945281
jerkcity.com/_jerkcity935.html
youtube.com/watch?v=tl4VD8uvgec
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3752789/pdf/nihms499028.pdf
reddit.com/r/PurplePillDebate/comments/32qq16/sexual_promiscuity_is_bad_for_both_men_and_women/
forbes.com/sites/currentevents/2012/10/16/warning-bell-for-developed-countries-declining-birth-rates/#188a797d1ea5
nbcnews.com/health/sexual-health/3-common-stds-becoming-untreatable-what-happens-now-n642161
mpzerocos.exblog.jp/23351754/
github.com/thoughtbot/factory_girl/issues/921
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=7757667
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

To Sup Forumstards who don't know Crockford here's some info

Douglas Crockford's work in popularizing JSON, authoring JSLint and developing the YUI compressor as well as his book "Javascript the Good Parts" are some of the main reasons why javascript is the most commonly used programming language worldwide and why things like node.js exist.

Literally who

Fuck what he is known for, I want to know why he is removed as a speaker for fuck's sake.

He """""slut-shamed""""" at some event and some snowflake bitch got triggered and said she wouldn't feel comfortable speaking with him.

this OP. Stop being a massive raging faggot like always.

pic related book is he's best know for. he made javascript great again in a way

i don't know why he got remove, no clue

How did he slut shame?

i don't know it kike, apparently it's slut shame

I looked up Nodevember, it looks like some small-sized, less than mediocre conference in the middle of fucking nowhere and the speakers are unknown.

Nothing of value was lost.

>@nodevember is not a professional conference. We started it as a group of friends as a way to enjoy the community.

What exactly is the news value here, OP?

god one of those SJW work at npm hahaha

I found this lads...

>The full context is that Crockford refers to the old web model as promiscuous and his proposed model as commitment. By placing promiscuity in a negative light, Crockford slut shamed the audience.

twitter.com/ag_dubs/status/666026590774673408
twitter.com/nebrius/status/697491096926945281

i just wanted to discuss SJW invading tech, sorry for a bad post

>@nodevember is not a professional conference. We started it as a group of friends as a way to enjoy the community.

KEK

>SJW
I'm pretty sure she's making a joke

>that nu-male with the glasses

Why is the tech industry getting filled with such cucks?

for fuck's sake, why does anybody care about the feelings of sluts?

no she's pretty serious and trigged as it seems

Dude his behavior is shameful. But do we really want to live in a society where people are banned from conferences for making subtle references to sexual behavior? Just because they hurt our feelings a little bit? It also seems like he does a lot of good things. I think he would be better off without that pathetic conference.

>javascript User eXperience front-end """"programmers""""
>tech industry

Yeah, I saw the other responses now.

lol

I guess someone should mention that there is something called "promiscuous mode" on wnics and see if they stop using wifi or at least certain wifi adapters.

If he trash talked some random woman that's fine

But if he denigrated muh Karlie I will personally bisect him with a katana folded 10 thousand times

>not realizing that there really are people like that
You have to accept that what most people say, they really believe, they're not trolling or trying to appear stupid or joking... they're serious.

>You have to accept that what most people say, they really believe

Isn't that literal autism? Are SJWs autistic?

>twitter.com/nebrius/status/697491096926945281

>Follow to her GIthub profile
>Recent commits
>Update CoC

Wew

>Dude his behavior is shameful.

How so?

>How so?
Fooling a bunch of millennials into thinking that JavaScript have "good parts"

No. Autism is more related to lacking social awareness and an inability to engage socially.

Some autistics also have extreme forms of OCD (where they have strong impulses to order everything in specific ways).

t. autist

>lacking social awareness and an inability to engage socially.
I would say that interpreting everything literally is a huge part of exactly this though.

The only autistic people I've dealt with had a huge problem with metaphors and "sayings". One time someone told him to "get the door" and the poor guy actually went to fetch a screwdriver before someone stopped him and explained to him what it actually means.

>mfw I clearly remember using t. in discussions on IRC in ~1998.

grandpa, why are you still shitposting in the year of our lord and savior, Jesus Christ, 2016?

Holy fucking fuck. Jerkcity is actually still going.

I present, from 2001, T Pants

jerkcity.com/_jerkcity935.html

Get the fuck off my lawn and go wordpress some social apps faggot

>wordpress in 2016
Jeez, you really are a dinosaur, aren't you?

>women in the workplace ruin yet another thing

when will western society learn?

Doesn't this just implicate the conference as irrelevant?

>Doesn't this just implicate the conference as irrelevant?
It's not even a conference, see It's just a bunch of friends gathering, apparently.

Ah sounds about right then.

Girl complaining is same SJW that started many previous shitstorms. Guy's not going to ever get an invite to an actual conference either.

So why are we getting all upset and agitated about this?

>javascript "conference" for a bunch of sjws

>Guy's not going to ever get an invite to an actual conference either.
Douglas Crockford is going to be a keynote speaker at QCon SF 2017, so that's not really true.

>his behaviour was shameful
Fug nigga you wouldn't agree with the statement commitment > promiscuity?

We need a new world war.

This generation is too fucking emotionally weak and needs to be reminded we are animals at war.

Only because he hasn't been pulled yet.

I don't know what Sup Forums nightmare you live in, but that's not going to happen.

Every time.

So all he did was slut shamed the internet? Lol wtf.

Sure is /r9k/ in this thread. There's literally nothing wrong with promiscuity as long as you aren't already in a committed relationship.

>implied promiscuity is a bad thing
>gets banned

So what are parents supposed to say? "if you wanna fuck every nigger on earth by 17, I can't say that's bad."??
These fucking parrot-haired daddy-issued fucks, I swear.

Parents aren't the sole arbiter of morality user. That might be hard to understand if you still live with them.

>Dude his behavior is shameful.

You're one of those homosexual Hillary voters aren't you

>There's literally nothing wrong with promiscuity
Except it's shown to be bad for the mental health of all participants, and is contributing to shrinking birth rates in developed countries.
I don't know about you but I don't want to work until I'm 80 because people are too busy whoring around to have kids and create a demographic crisis.

Pedo confirmed.

jesus fucking christ, people have such thin skin

bonus captcha: tranco del diablo

Don't let the fat cunts with hurt feelings near IPS/IDS or Private Vlan if they're triggered by the use of the word "promiscuous"

Now we wait 5 years for Javascript to force "code artisans" to write trigger warning comments for every 10 LOC in order to build their newest web diarrhea with priVcheQ, the newest frontend framework to finally bring Javascript development under one unique framework standard.

Source on all those things? And birthrates are supposed to go down in developed countries. Its much better for society to have children who actually came from parents who wanted them and know how to raise them well than filling up foster homes with unwanted children.

why would anyone be offended when he called the web promiscuous?

as far as i can tell that's basically true, it is mingled confusedly and grouped without order.

This is how he describes himself:
>Coder (of the Node.js kind), doctor (of the philosophy kind), queer (of the bi kind), and photographer (of the amateur kind)

>I need other people to shit out children so I can become a welfare bum and wave my cane at them from my porch

t.liberal

So...

>A """coder""", but not really
>A "doctor": youtube.com/watch?v=tl4VD8uvgec
>A queer, that even queers look down on
>Has a smartphone

Should've let json have comments, now get fucked.

Mental health:
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3752789/pdf/nihms499028.pdf
Or you can go here for the tldr:
>reddit.com/r/PurplePillDebate/comments/32qq16/sexual_promiscuity_is_bad_for_both_men_and_women/

Birth rates:
>forbes.com/sites/currentevents/2012/10/16/warning-bell-for-developed-countries-declining-birth-rates/#188a797d1ea5

And on the birth rates, It's not about welfare scrounging or any of that shit, economies stagnant when demographics are skewed. Take a look at japan, it's 'lost decades' can pretty much entirely be attributed to a demographic crisis and worker shortages.

You mean besides spreading STDs and increasing their strength? Now because of this "sexual liberation" we now have multiple untreatable STDs. Sure hope your 5min of pleasure was worth daming the whole human race.

nbcnews.com/health/sexual-health/3-common-stds-becoming-untreatable-what-happens-now-n642161

Did you even read the comments on that? They provide several clear refutations. The most obvious is that correlation doesn't equal causation.

And I know all about Japanese demographic crisis. Its literally caused by people being afraid to fuck and people marrying the first girl they date even though there's no attraction. Sounds a lot like Japan could use some promiscuity.

I've got no love for anyone too dumb to put on a damn rubber.

post all of them to imgur album faggot

>Did you even read the comments on that? They provide several clear refutations. The most obvious is that correlation doesn't equal causation.

Except those reddit memers are wrong, did you read the study? It concludes there is a causative relationship.
High number of sexual partners early in life resulted in greater levels of substance abuse and depression in later life.

Can't believe you'd just read the comments on a Reddit thread and take it as gospel over the study itself. Talk about destroying your own credibility.
Whats up with the autistic weaboo images btw lad?

just move on, youre trying to argue with a nutbag that has a bunch of creepshots of girls in cosplay

Yeah well I'm depressed now and I'm a virgin who's never done drugs, so what now?

I'm looking for the original site I scraped this from, wait a sec.

When I say its OK to fuck around you shouldn't assume that includes children too. That says more about you than it does me.

This is a good thing. Crockford needs to set a good example and clearly he isn't. Young girls will find the field more welcoming with him gone.

ok here it is

mpzerocos.exblog.jp/23351754/

The whole site is great too.

Are you upset about something

Kill yourself my man, this community is better off without you

Douglas Crockford is a big fucking deal in the JavaScript community. Just because some weirdos with mental illness wouldn't let him speak at their user group doesn't mean he's going to be shunned at actual conferences.

Is that pic supposed to portray Hillary supporters in a negative light? Those two are hot as fuck.

thanks bro

Crockford single handedly popularized JS as a language, produced jslint, basically invented JS minification, and wrote the modern JS bible.

Fishmouth's greatest contribution is a github repo with 16 stars.

Yeah, they made the right decision by kicking out the god of JavaScript at a JavaScript conference.

MONSTER

You know Ethernet have a promiscuous mode right?

>mfw twitter knows about this
>erase ethernet creators from history records
>use only wifi
>use ethernet in the open and you'll be looked as a slut-shaming troglodyte

RMS got in the same shit for talking about "emacs virgin purity" when it was clearly tongue in cheek/joke. It's why he doesn't dressup like St IGNUcius anymore

Yes, and also there's a library out there called factory girl that many women have used as evidence of "sexual harassment" in the workplace in order to win lawsuits.

lol are you serious?

Found this discussion
github.com/thoughtbot/factory_girl/issues/921
A bunch of people keep trying to rename the project.

Also found the reference for the lawsuit
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=7757667

>Ethernet have a promiscuous mode
lol

Time to BOOT my machine
Time to KILL a process

OMG the patriachy!!

Wait they did wha-
>Javascript Node.JS
Carry on

Well shit, I guess I can't call my car female, or when I wear a yellow shirt I need a nametag that way people can address me properly without saying "that guy in the yellow shirt" for fear of offending asians.
You know what? We need to rename C because it phonetically reminds me of the patriarchy, we should rename it something more gender neutral. In fact, in the current year why do we still refer to SQL interaction as SQL injection? Why do we have to "define" variables, can't they be type-fluid? Even further, English itself is just so full of aggressive language that makes me so uncomfortable, we need to make change from the ground up, let's remove "male", "female", even the word aggression.

told ya lgbt is ruining everything, wait till free speech and muh "entitlement" getting out of hand

you're wrong, fucking retard

>Generation Safe Space

>some of the main reasons why javascript is the most commonly used programming language worldwide
its the widely used because webdevs are retarded and cant manually manage memory

server side javascript is obviously a joke, but do you really want to trust some random website to manage memory correctly?

>we live in a world where making a girl/woman/xer/xir feel bad because she/xer/xir is a fucking slut is wrong

Thank God I'm going to kill myself in 3 years.

Remember, these are the ultra tolerant individuals

That is to say unless you do something they don't like

So... good riddance?

>tolerant
this isn't the 2000s m8, that word died a while ago. tolerance asking is only for the weak

>popularizing JSON, authoring JSLint and developing the YUI compressor as well as his book "Javascript the Good Parts" are some of the main reasons why javascript is the most commonly used programming language worldwide and why things like node.js exist
aka satan. he deserves a lot more than being uninvited to feelings fest

I assume Nodevember is some shitty Node.js conference

Who knew that if you take a sissy “programmer” community full of SJWs and tumblrinas that they will end up growing cancerous and shitting all over themselves?

Honestly my biggest concern is that the infested pus will leak into the rest of the programmer sphere