Select language

>select language

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s0gm5L0y4qw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Chinknese

American English is wrong. One day we English will conquer you and make you speak the king's English again.

Does he speak like a Chad?

Should it say American?

We do speak the king's English. Brits are speaking a bastardized version of the language.

>bastardized
You americans are truly ruining the language

You mean like last time?

Could yu b any dummer? Americans are so stupid they couldn't remember that labour has a u and had to make half the words phonetic so the brainless masses could spell

>select language
>english has canadian or uk flag next to it

dropped

Oh boy... please tell me you're trolling.

But do we even know what real English sounded like anymore ?
I have the glaring suspincion that today's British english has that haughty forced accent because when America declared independence everyone felt so butthurt they decided to talk like haughty snobs to feel better about themselves.
And now we have to hear all those "u wot m8" and whatever. The original English became a parody of itself.

>Implicando que los demás no sabemos hablar solo English

Laughing at your own lack of knowledge

>Asks to select country in dropdown bar
>There's no "America"
>they expect me to scroll all the way down to U

yeah no, I just put Afghanistan since it's first. fuck this commie bullshit

meter
color
licorice
etc

This is what you've been reduced to
youtube.com/watch?v=s0gm5L0y4qw

>oy m8 c'mere say that again crumpetface bruv i smack u in the gabber swer on me mum limey

Is this the King's English? I can't help but think our English is more coherent than Britspeak.

>But do we even know what real English sounded like anymore ?
We actually do know what it sounded like.

But there were many regional dialects back then. English kept developing, and much of the accent of American and Australian English just comes from the most commonly used dialect at the time that the colonists spoke. Meanwhile, English in England kept developing.

Yes we do.
No, american English is just as far from the dialects of Shakespearean age as British are (and perhaps even a bit further). In terms of linguistics all these claims "the English I speak is real, yours's a parody" are lame

future legacy language

Shouldn't the US flag denote Spanish?

>not having at least 15 types of english to choose from

Android pls.

>Yo nigga no shit maaaaan
Is this your coherent and classical US English?

>select language
>spanish

Always wondered if they differed.

That's one dialect of English spoken by our foreigners, also known as "hip hop."

i hear mexician spanish is like singing i this true?

The differences often come about because British English has tended to keep the spelling of words it has absorbed from other languages (like Latin, French), while American English has adapted the spelling to reflect the way that the words actually sound when they're spoken.
>Sorry for adapting like humans naturally do

As a non-native English speaker I don't give a fuck about spelling or pronounciation differences, and I can switch between the dialects depending on who I'm talking to. What does trigger me, is 'Murrican mental retardation manifesting itself in expressions like:
> I could care less (when they mean they couldn't)
> hold _down_ the fort (as if the fucking fort was inflatable toy filled with helium)

What's next, quebecois flag for French? Brazillian flag for Portuguese? Mexican flag for Spanish? The Union Jack for Arabic?

Create your own identity in a globalized world. Countries are so past millennia.

That is an excuse.

>American English is wrong.
Except you're wrong, AE is how English is suppose to be spoken. BrE is an abomination that shouldn't exist.

It seems pointless to get butthurt over the purity of a language like English. The whole thing is just a fucking Frankenstein of a bunch of other European (and even some non-European) languages and fucked up phonetics.

t. Muhammed ibn Kalifa

>Countries are so past millennia.
Nah, countries are definitely this millennia. The current state system is a pretty new concept, a few hundred years ago things were much more complicated, and that was the prevailing system for the last millennia.

See the infamous Baarle example, for instance.

>simplified English
Does that mean that muricunts are dumb?

Belgium is a natural melting pot of French, Dutch, German.

Great example although I'd rather point to Berlin post-WWII because countries are currently a matter of policy and law.

Constraining individual liberty and restraining cultural affiiliation and predispositions as a classical model to follow is undermining, I'd quote Nieztsche: The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently. There's also a French saying, traveling shapes youth.

By limiting citizenship and even further, identity, growth potential to antiquated models, you don't potentiate and optimize the expression of humanity but simply define it as a statistic.

Tradition certainly has value and stands the test of time, yet emphasizing unbiased individual freedom in a fairer world where intrinsic values are naturally optimized as creed instead of a birth right, determine a better model within other frameworks of world.

By this definition you are a foreigner yourself.

ITT: Americans who have never visited England.