Comfy Tech Thread

Windows 2000, desu

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JgxMh8CiVGA
youtube.com/watch?v=miZHa7ZC6Z0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

that's some shit taste in classical

Very comfy times. I think Windows 2000 was the best Windows tied with 7.

Is there any theming for GNU/Linux to look like this?

W2K and OS 9 are both pretty bomb. 10/10 would be productive in.

Only problem is that no modern DE or WM setup reproduces these classic environments correctly. The best you can get is a mediocre copy. Why is this? As far as desktops go, W2K and OS 9 are dead fucking simple and should be within reach of even the most amateur of programmers.

media player built into the file viewer like that is disgusting.

alpine

>no clouds.mid

ftfy

Posting on Sup Forums from your riced Arch VM in your bed

>arch
>vm
Why

Can't you guess my answer?
It's comfy!

muh games
muh Sup Forums crossboard contamination desktop thread attention grab

Surfing Web 1.0 on a Sun pizzabox.

>media player built into the file viewer
stupid underage ass hat, that was used only to preview files not as a media player. You could preview sounds or videos. Go fucking kill yourself now.

Hey Mr Ballmer, why was the feature removed anyway?

not the bald fucker but I guess Microsoft loves to fuck users in the ass at full force.
Windows 2000 was comfy as fuck, stable and clean. After that we got XP with the Luna Theme, next Vista.

It is there in the Best Windows®™

unironic Solaris 10 VM I unironically use for "development", spreadsheets and shitposting

mostly shitposting

I hear people harp on and on about "the dangers" of running outdated operating systems in the modern day.

I'd like to install Windows 2000, take it online and fuck around like the good old days, but not if my network will be compromised in "10 minutes guaranteed"

comfy thread?

youtube.com/watch?v=JgxMh8CiVGA

Rumor is that there are people who still use OS9 as their main OS today.

old NT is riddled with vulnerabilities that in some cases are pretty damn easy to exploit if you're literate enough to read a blog post or two, shit you can own any NT4 boxes sharing your local network in practically 10 seconds with skiddo-tier tools

but for the most part it's a bunch of bullshit FUD

because firewalls exist, common sense is possible, and nobody plain gives a fuck anymore, blackhats are dumbshits who take the path of least resistance and pray on the weak, they're not wasting resources scanning the internet far and wide for any signs of an operating system with

lunchbox is p comfy too

Not mine, but window maker is pretty comfy desu

stop trying to convince me to go out and get jewed on a keyboard/mouse for my Ultra 5

it's not like I can find software to run on it anyway ;_;

I fucking loved win2000. Shit was the best, stable as fuck, much better user permission levels than winxp+ where it's "you're an admin and can do everything" or "you're a guest and can do nothing".

I wish there was a proper win2000 theme for all linux toolkits.

>Home Premium
Why you didn't installed Ulti?

The windows 95 startup sound gives me the weirdest comfy nostalgic feeling.

youtube.com/watch?v=miZHa7ZC6Z0