If you were to

If you were to
>magically
reappear in the medieval age, what piece of technology would you create?

Pic related for my choice, a primitive electricity generator.

and what would you use electricity for?, you need to develop fabrication to make anything decent

It would be a first step.
I would then create comfort for royalty and then weapons.

>invent shit for nobles
>burned at the stake for witchcraft

Depending on the medievalness of the age.
Tempered iron pipe.
Lead pellets
Than gunpowder.
Than slavery.

And ill figure out the rest wile I spread my DNA Genghis Khan style

The only thing you could use it for in that period is as a torture device.
>No lightbulbs
>No heating elements
>No basic electronics
You can't do shit with just electricity, and you would most likely be accused of witchcraft and burned at the stake.

got a good idea,
>be honest to king.
>tell him you can make him the most powerful king in the land.
>develop advanced weapons like cannons. >become biggest bro with king.
>give him uranium as gift.
>king dies makes you king.
>build steampunk empire

If i managed to create a lightsource, i would be like the second jesus...
>the lightbringer.

Do I have my cellphone with me? I've got a lot of books on the theme of "recreate modern technology from scratch" on there. All kinds of casting, tempering, forging, etc.

If I don't, I'm not sure. Calculus? Maybe differential heat treatment for knives if I'm in a region that doesn't have that.

You would go there during a random time so theres a 50-50 you have a chance, if its in your pocket.
Or you would go totally naked...

Glasses so I could fucking see.

No. If you created penicillin you would be the second jesus.

A internal combustion V8.

And insist on the title Immortan

That's not how royal bloodlines work. At best you'd be a court wizard

have fun dying of disease

wont you create ways of personal hygiene ?

3d printer?

The thing is thats now how it works.

The reason you're around is that your ancestors where immune to the diseases that were around in ye'olde endemic syphilis times. You, for what its worth, are immune to most diseases that were around.

If anything most people around you are gonna die from the diseases we carry and don't even know

You would never become a king like that. Succession was typically either elective in some cases or primogeniture. The latter means that eldest son inherits. Now, unless your king has only female heirs, there is literally no chance that anyone would allow some outsider to succeed him. Specially not his wife and his children. With a female successor there is like a 0.1% chance.

Hell, back then sometimes children of a king would kill eachother for succession. And some outsider trying to usurp the throne would be the first name on the list of assassination targets.

Even if you somehow managed to succeed the king, your legitimacy would be non-existent, so you'd spend the rest of your life fighting a civil war as pretenders for the throne would crop up like mushrooms after rain.

>The thing is thats now how it works.

>The reason you're around is that your ancestors where immune to the diseases that were around in ye'olde endemic syphilis times. You, for what its worth, are immune to most diseases that were around.
You clearly have no understanding on this and shouldn't even be speaking. The two driving factors that pushed our life expectancy up from the low 40's in the medieval ages to the high 70's/low 80's is the invention of penicillin and proper planning and separation of sewage and fresh water supplies. If your assertation was true, then poverty stricken blacks in Africa that still like it's the medieval ages wouldn't have such a low life expectancy.

>You, for what its worth, are immune to most diseases that were around.
You idiot. That's not how it works. Bacteria, viruses and other pathogens are constantly evolving. What we have today is nothing like what was present back then.

the leading cause of death in the medieval age were diseases that can be treated with penicillin

It was also about hygiene aswell, commoners washed themselves like once a month or like once a year.

following the basic hygiene guidelines will improve your medieval survival tremendously.

Thats now an assumption in basic immunology.

Sure medicine helps up the statistics. But the main reason that you're not dead from smallpox right now is the fact that you great great great great great grandfather wasn't shitposting on an Korean interior design forum and getting some milk maid punani

A simple CPU and memory.

what would you do with a computer with no power and in the middle ages?

Find OP and use his power generator to power my computer.

Shitpost

>But the main reason that you're not dead from smallpox right now
Is because smallpox was eradicated in 1980 thanks to an intense global vaccination strategy. It has absolutely nothing to do with what our ancestors experienced.

Once again, you prove you have no knowledge of this subject.

Aaaw shit, how do I electro magnet.
Just because you are ignorant it doesn't mean that other people can do cool stuff with next to no resources.

Bipolar transistor. I think it'd be possible to make a very primitive one.

>I've got a lot of books on the theme of "recreate modern technology from scratch"
Can you recommend a title? This is the sort of thing that all Sup Forumsentlemen should have on their devices at all times just in case the scenario OP outlines happens.

Witnessed.

i don't think a lightbulb would be very difficult to make considering you research about materials for the filament, etc

in fact just let me prepare for a week and i could probably rule the land in less than a month

>Do I have my cellphone with me?
You're completely naked and all you have is a rock

>smallpox
>vaccination

>He doesn't know about the milkmaids

What a newfag

>I've got a lot of books on the theme of "recreate modern technology from scratch" on there. All kinds of casting, tempering, forging, etc.

With a smartphone battery? Better read really fast

Not hin, but you could check out notechmagazine.com/
There are some links to a couple gigabytes of this stuff. Also this primitive technology dude from Australia on jewtube.

Bamboo is said to work quite well, but you still need a vacuum or an inert gas. With pretty much no machining tools, this is a little harder.

I would make a potato powered light and install KDE because

No cellular towers, no cellular service.
And who would you call, there'd be no telephones for hundreds of years for you to call?

A gun.

What the other anons said plus your ancestors where dealing with a completely different set of bacteria in their food & digestive system. Eating their food would make you ill because your body wouldn't be able to deal with the bacteria living on it.

hm, good point.
still, i could probably get some magic shit going with magnets to swoon the king and get the military industrial complex behind me and start researching how the fuck to extract inert gases

Get on the temporaphone and tell your bro to deliver some helium balloons to Camerlot.

Basically, with pressure vessels figured out, you can do a lot to prepare for electricity. For that you'd need to be able to cast iron somewhat evenly and you need quite a lot.

Steam engine.
Then I'd proceed to build weapons that are powered by it, like a self loading trebuchet on a moving platform or something. Then extend that knowledge to creating other stuff, like water pumps etc..

Realistically, I don't think many people here would be able to create anything resembling electric motors or gunpowder.
Steam on the other hand is fairly straightforward. Hell, even Romans had that figured out.

Dunno, I think I would start keeping a LOT of moldy bread if I was trapped in the dark ages/medieval age.
Probably start a distillery for water, use snow in winter to purify alcohol for medicinal purposes.

In short: I'd invent basic hygiene.

Oh, wait, waterjet pump, so a hammer and some copper might suffice to build one and create a vacuum to keep a filament from burning for a while.

>Plumbing
>Steam power
>decent medical practice with what limited means I have available (true, I won't be a proper doctor, but better than those four fluid quacks)

Basic power source, peltier elements, gunpowder, hard booze, smoking weed

Become court mage, live comfy, fuck around commoners girls with no worries because black apes didn't introduce AIDS to humans yet

>In short: I'd invent basic hygiene.
Senpai, please, it's 2k+16 and even India hasn't invented hygiene yet.

Are you saying you're better than a pajeet?

Anyone is better than a denizen of a designated shitting street.

Can I cheat and realize I have the ability to recreate many things off the top of my head with a little tinkering?

If not, you fucking pleb, a steam engine. Get the industrial revolution started early.

implying you wont get hanged and burned on a cross for being a devil wizard.

>appear 1000 years ago
>cough
>common cold kills the world

Flash drive with Gentoo on it

>Not transitioning and becoming the king's daughter in law court wizard and next queen.

A glider.
They're really not hard.

Alternatively, a solid rocket+bomb combo so that i can have all the cute little virgins i want after selling it off to some king/warlord.

>create anything resembling electric motors or gunpowder.
Both are extremely easy, you only need to know how.
Electric motors are simple as hell, it's just building bearings that would be annoying, meanwhile gunpowder is already discovered and it's simply a case of using it, or you make it. Sulfur and charcoal are piss easy, you just need to figure out how to get saltpeter which you can do with bat shit and water

A phone with a decent sized battery and an OLED will actually last a very long time in airplane mode with a black background + white text reader.

I think my general knowledge of things is probably more useful than "inventing" some thing that probably can't be utilised due to a chain of precursors or all the products from it that also need inventing.

So, things like not shitting where you eat, sterilising medical implements in hot water, filtering water through charcoal, washing your hands, a broad knowledge of human physiology, not living with cows, brushing your teeth, stuff like that is probably much more important.

Also this shit.

You could completely, 100% revolutionize medicine just by not being a dumbcunt.

>Technology
Fuck that.
I'd implement feminism so that we wouldn't be in the dire state of affairs we are now with war and hunger etc.

Think bigger than yourselves, shitheads.

Meanwhile, i would become the greatest inventor in all of human history, a household name for millennia to come, probably having a legitimate religion based around me, and i would use this newfound power to make sure mudslimes are wiped out and niggers + women are kept in their place.

We'd be in alpha centauri by 1900.

Female leaders in the mediaeval period tended to engage in more conflicts than their male counterparts.

/thread

I'd invent antibiotics, vaccines, and anaesthetic, make a real difference to people's lives.

>than
Than fuck ur shit up

I just calculated that being exposed to 100g of natural uranium daily for 10 years would only cause a person to receive a radiation dose of about .5 rem. In comparison, the Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program allows its workers to receive a max of 5 rem PER YEAR. Second of all, the refining and enrichment process for uranium is fucking complicated, you wouldn't even be able to refine any significant amount of it. In summary, you're dumb

nothing because i'm fucking retarded and don't know how anything actually works

I think about this a lot, actually. Whether it's time travel or an alternate world, I am always sad that I don't have the knowledge to create something low level but extremely useful. I don't even know if I could reliably start a fire without modern tools, let alone create any sort of generator/engine, and I can't program nor grasp electrical engineering very well. My main skills are in using a computer, and that's honestly useless in most time periods and worlds besides the current one.

I can type pretty quickly (~140wpm), so maybe I am a bit dexterous, but I've never been able to transfer this to another skill. It's pretty depressing to think about.

Take comfort in the fact that time travel will always be impossible

I think the idea is that he has pdfs or something stored on his phone and can read them there. It doesn't really matter that it's a phone, except for the fact that it's portable.

Give him uranium and call it a magical life extending pill.

Cunt.

[MAPS ARE TECHNOLOGY]
I would bring astronomy and geography to the people. with a 5 century jump
in world exploration people will be able to connect with other countries to establish trade-routes and better diplomacy which in turn will boost the economic growth of the world and human knowledge.

Or i will totally fucking kill everyone by giving them new bacteria of the new-world that we today are all immune to

Just did more rough calculations, ingesting 100g of naturally occurring uranium DAILY for one year would result in a dose of about 4.9 rem, still under the acceptable annual limit for the Navy. You guys realize that naturally occurring uranium is like 98% U-238 which has a half life of 4.5 billion years, right?

* Soap
* Distilled alcohol for disinfection
* Sanitary principles
This will save 200 million lives.

Then fucking grind up 100g and put it in a coffee and make him drink 6 of the fuckers a day with radium pills, do i look like i give a shit how we kill a nigger from radiation poisoning?

How about i use my fucking time machine to bring some plutonium back with me and jam it in his ass

Also H2O2

Forward time travel might be a thing when muslims in Europe restore the middle ages

It would be impossible to singlehandedly obtain (mine) any significant amount of naturally occurring radioactive isotope in that time period. Why not just fucking poison him the regular way m8?

Gun powder so I can take the 200 million lives this asshole just saved.

Copyright

Copyleft

GPL license

Gunpowder + Rifling for accurate weapons

As a price for winning all the king's wars, I demand that all new science and literature be GPL licensed

Motherfucker, do you not understand killing a bitch with radiation?

I'll invent a goddamn jet engine and duct tape the bitch to the top of a jet flying at 60,000ft with an oxygen mask, radiate him up

>I'll invent a goddamn jet engine
Stop with the lies. You couldn't build one on your own even with modern tools.

I like it. Would change the world for the better, and it's one of the most Sup Forums-related posts in the thread.

Good easily mass produced toothbrushes + some basic toothpaste

>implying i have time for medieval bitches with bad teeth and breath

You're retarded
The vaccine for smallpox came from cowpox. Which the milkmaids got from their job. Thus they didn't get smallpox and this inspired the creation of vaccines.

It had nothing to do with poonan. You can't transfer immunity through fucking.

>He thinks he's intelligent enough to do that
My sides are already in alpha centauri mate.

That's probably the most feasible way of doing it that you've suggested so far

>get a bunch of swords
>bend me some edges
>weld them bitches in a circle
>make a blacksmith figure out how to make me a ball bearing
>get me some kerosene
>do some trial and error, see how few compressors and turbines i can get away with

Then we bolt these bitches to a boat with some wings taped onto the side and the aliens see people people living in mud huts not even knowing what electricity is flying at fucking 60,000ft purely to kill some fat old dude with radiation

>get me some kerosene
Do you possess the knowledge to now only salvage enough oil, but properly distill it into Kerosene, which includes industrial chemical processes and machinery?

>>>>>>weld
>only way you'd be able to weld is via forge welding

Do you know how much forge welding sucks

Get me some ethanol

Tesla coil

Bullshit, get me some acid and lead and i'll be arc welding

You do realize that the average life expectancy inckuded children which had a high rate of death, right? When you include a significant percentage of children under 10 not living for whatever reason, it brings down the whole average.

Wrong. Once you account for infant mortality, the average life expectancy has increased by only 7 years. Lrn2stats

To be honest I'm literally retarded at anything technological other than programming, which I'm not going to be able to since there are no computers and shit.

The most useful thing I could probably make is extract wintegreen oil (I've heard it's basically Aspirin) from the plants and sell it and make my own apothecary. With a bit time, I think you can make methamphetamine. Since there are no regulations, I could just sell that shit to peasants and kings.

Then I'd live the good life in aristocracy, get a 20 year old wife and die at the age of 40.