Trackballs are technology

Trackballs are technology.

I just picked up one of these from the tip shop for $3.

Show me what you got.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/CST2545W-L-TRAC-Wired-Performance-Trackball/dp/B00ECHGE3O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1472907072&sr=8-1&keywords=cst trackball
ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Black-No-8-Ball-2-1-4-Aramith-/141554279246?hash=item20f54ae34e:g:Tf8AAOSwZQxW4jHJ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump

bump

CST my man

for my massive penis™

>tfw this is the comfiest meme I've ever felll for

Well shit, where did you pick up this semen demon?

amazon my dude.
amazon.co.uk/CST2545W-L-TRAC-Wired-Performance-Trackball/dp/B00ECHGE3O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1472907072&sr=8-1&keywords=cst trackball

i can find where i got the 8-ball too if you want it.

Logitech M570, love it.

I'd love to know

>dat thumb ball

I'm diamonds, amigo

ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Black-No-8-Ball-2-1-4-Aramith-/141554279246?hash=item20f54ae34e:g:Tf8AAOSwZQxW4jHJ

user you are a wealth of eCommerce knowledge. I'd offer you an internet if it was 2006

the bottom really fell out of the internets market. i still have some original gold reserve notes from xenon. they're probably worth more as souvenirs now.

>he doesn't keep his money in dogecoin

Where do I get one?

don't be silly, i keep all my wealth in rare pepes! a currency guaranteed not to lose value!

>has a trackball
>has a fundamental understanding of the dividends of a latent pepe economy

What manner of man/god....

All I want for christmas

I own one of these. Best mouse for browsing the web and such

>mfw logo is an eye
>logitech is illuminati

>tfw left-handed

How do you keep your marbles clean?
White lithium grease okay on the bearings?

Japan always lookin' out...

Take the ball out and wipe away the grease and dirt from the bearing making sure it doesn't fall in to the device. Put ball in go back to new feeling.

What happened to bottom trackballs? Are these better? How the hell do people even play games with them.

>inb4 GO BACK TO >>>>>just legit curious

These let you move your cursor around while keeping your arm and wrist stationary, Reduces strain, and they look cool.
They're not hard to adapt to. Back in the day Pure Pwnage had an FPS Doug video about playing Counter Strike with a trackball.

I ordered the M570 yesterday to replace my M705.

We'll see how it goes.

Is that for real or did you just mirror the picture?

Its real.

Elecom M-XT4DRBK left handed wireless trackball.

It is decent quality? I bought a wired trackball from Elecom and the scroll wheel wasn't soldered on properly so it didn't work.

decent yes, good no.
The scroll wheel is awful and they tend to have some QC issues from time to time, other than that it's OK.

I've heard mixed things about them. Some anons here who had them said there were some QC issues, and that there was a notable difference in quality between ones sold in Japan and elsewhere.
The Amazon reviews are mostly really good, but people have stated the stock marble is lacking, and the software support is lacking.

I liek trackballs

any recommendations for a good white trackball mouse?

Are these worth a damn?

>white
why white?

as a gadget when you're too lazy to get off the couch, but want to open a movie or something - yes.
For daily use as your main pointing device - NO.
it's not very precise, gets dirty too easily and doesn't have the best build quality

>trackballs
I used to want a trackball until I visited a navy ship and found all their computers had trackballs and they're GARBAGE to actually use as pointer devices

I see why they only caught on in installations where you can't/shouldn't use mice for whatever reason. mice are truly superior

[spoiler:lit]i want to invent a combination mouse-trackball item for gaming though[/spoiler:lit]

Hey baby, how about you track these balls with your mouth

I don't understand trackballs.

What makes them better than a normal mouse?

not better for everyone, but better for some people and/or situations
> if you got a fucked up wrist from using the mouse every day, a trackball might help remedy it
> for people with some hand disabilities it's easier to use a trackball, because the cursor won't move when they press a button
> it takes less space on your desk, so it's better for tight spaces like production studios where you have a music keyboard and/or mixer, or for ships or other things
> it can be used on any surface, even when it's not level or even
> you can easily "throw" the cursor across several screens, because the ball has inertia - so you don't have to pick up your mouse several times to move the cursor across. You can also do continuous rotation in an FPS game and won't run out of mousepad space. Admittedly, it was more important several years ago, when mice didn't have 10 million DPI.
> there is a learning curve if you're only used to normal mice, so if you get a trackball (and, preferably, FVORAK split keyboard) for your computer, your coworkers and/or family members will likely leave it alone and not use it when you're not around.
> And, finally, some people just prefer it.

Just want to point out something in your FPS example, literally nobody who has any skill in FPS games uses high DPI.
I used to hate low DPI but I use 400 now and I love it now.

I'd understand someone who has physical issues having problems with it though, and the rest of your points are things I never really thought about. Thanks user.

Why not?

Cost me 50p from a carboot.

because the only white ones are really old. The best you can do is silver or beige

the comfiest pointing device known to man. But it shows its age, unfortunately.
All it needs is some kind of scroll wheel/scroll ring, higher DPI sensor and USB connection.

I just got a Logitech M570 its sweet

Elecom 8 button master race.

All these trackballs are shit. The concept is fine, but the implementation sucks. They're like 800 dpi max, no dpi adjust buttons, no scroll wheel... pretty much meme-tier.

Why has no one gone to the logical conclusion and made a touchball mouse?
>instead of a ball you have a hemispherical touchpad
>emulate ball physics in software
>all the benefits of a trackball
>no more cleaning needed
>no more skipping or sticking
>no more sockets, bearings, grease, or lasers
>no openings, no moving parts

It would be the ultimate pointing device.

They did. In a shitty formfactor.

When can i get eye tracking that works

i got this one, using it at work atm

I use an older Logitech Marble Mouse (wired) at home and a Kensington Orbit at work.

they're great.

Your first assumption is thinking a trackball functions exactly like a mouse.

You have a MUCH smaller ball versus a huge mouse pad. So you need higher DPI you want faster polling rates, you need higher sensitivity. It also means that I can cover the SAME distance a low res high sensitivity guy can in a fraction of the time. He's whipping his mouse around, I'm flicking a little ball. I also have MORE accuracy by having more precise tracking and leading. Then you have pin point accuracy from a trackball. I can twitch shot and hip fire multiple targets with headshots.

Which is better: a thumbtrack ball or an index finger trackball?

Its mostly a matter of preference.

I've never used one before and I want to buy one of the Elecom models, but I don't know which one to choose since I have no experience with either.

The same reason physical keyboards beat touchscreen keyboards.

finger, although keep in mind that it's not an index finger trackball, it's a entire hand minus thumb trackball, which is why you get bigger balls than thumb trackballs.

The mouse I'm looking at says "for index finger" in the listing title, though.

what your favourite out of all of them?

i found this one in the attick , its a portable one with a small cable . i dont like that and the ball isnt that smooth . but overal i like how easy it is .

the short cable is because it's supposed to be connected to the keyboard, which has 2 ps/2 cables going to the computer.

>no dpi adjust buttons, no scroll wheel...
see

I got a Logitech USB Trackball after my mouse's click stopped working. I used my mouse with my right hand despite being left handed but the trackball was easier to use with my left.
It was very easy to use I loved it very much for the year it worked. It started not responding and it became jittery making the cursor move around the screen on its own, despite the little black sensor square appearing to be clean.
So I popped out the ball and I use my mouse with my right hand to move the cursor and my trackball on my left to click.

I wasn't ralking about trackballs in dpi, that was mice because he mentioned mice with 10million dpi.

>thumbball
Nice meme. Literally worst type of trackball.

>symmetryball
Still shit.

>bottom-left logitech ball
The honest god ONLY good trackball that has ever existed.
Shame it is now dead. And was battery-operated.
I was going to try open mines up and make it wired, but it had sadly broke.

Had a really solid scrollwheel, nice click to it.
Had an up and down button for scrolling as well.
Had another button I forgot the function of, the little lock icon you can see. Probably scroll-blocking feature.
You can re-assign them in the program to do anything.
I had copy, paste and undo. Worked amazingly well editing code or pictures.

Best bit is this trackball was even, for me, better than a fucking mouse.
I decided to use it one day in an FPS just for fun, to see how bad I would have been. I came out top. Consistently. I wouldn't even say I was the best at FPSes, but fucking hell.

Thumbshitballs and symmetricalballs don't have the grip or speed for such comfy and active use that over-shoulder trackballs do.

Just get a fucking air mouse, be a normal guy.